Will Nick Diaz be banned for life?

That defeats the purpose of testing for ped's... so what everyone can pump themselves full of roids and then get off them before they fight and say well I wasn't on them when I fought so...

Marijuana is not a steroid. It is not a ped. It is just a drug the US government doesn't want anyone to use.

No fighter should be suspended or fined for recreational drug use. The ACs should not even test for it, because it has no bearing on the sport they are trying to regulate.

Marijuana is not a steroid. It is not a ped. It is just a drug the US government doesn't want anyone to use.

No fighter should be suspended or fined for recreational drug use. The ACs should not even test for it, because it has no bearing on the sport they are trying to regulate.

But if they don't ban it the Diaz brothers will be hot-boxing their dressing room before every fight.

Nick Diaz got into fighting for 2 reasons:

1) To "Get his mom out of that shitty little house"

2) Be financially stable himself

Unless he's a complete idiot with money....

He made 1/2 a million dollars in the Anderson fight alone.

Nick and Nate combined should have way more than enough to accomplish their goals.

Well...

lol, might as well be drinking too.

I could care less if a fighter has a shot to calm his nerves in the dressing room. People are being kept from their livelihoods and fined very large sums for something that just doesn't matter. And the same dumbass fans who fuss about the UFC exploiting fighters have no problem with the AC putting the money they fined fighters straight into their own budget.

It's one thing to try and rid the sport of anabolic steroids and other PEDs. But going after recreational drug use should be outside of the purview of any state AC.

Isn't marijuana a drug prescribed both as an anti-anxiety and analgesic? To use either types of drugs during competition would require a TUE if they are allowed at all inside of competition.

I don't think the NSAC should test for recreational drugs with no impact on training and performance. That being said, it's his third failed test and he doesn't have the attitude to get the commission's leniency. I'm pretty sure he'll get a much harsher punishment than Anderson, despite having done something much less serious.

Its not safe to fight on drugs.

Er, lol, but Diaz wasn't stoned during the fight. This rule is just a heavy handed way to enforce a ban on marijuana that the population has largely ignored. It has nothing to do with athletics, and the ACs should not test fighters for it. Heck, cocaine doesn't seem to be a problem out of competition. Why is weed?

It was the in-competition test he failed.

I could care less if a fighter has a shot to calm his nerves in the dressing room. People are being kept from their livelihoods and fined very large sums for something that just doesn't matter. And the same dumbass fans who fuss about the UFC exploiting fighters have no problem with the AC putting the money they fined fighters straight into their own budget.

It's one thing to try and rid the sport of anabolic steroids and other PEDs. But going after recreational drug use should be outside of the purview of any state AC.

There is an argument to be made for weed and maybe some other things but I think fighters should be sober when fighting. All pro athletes for that matter.

As long as Nick doesnt blame it on Limp Dick medications he got from Thailand from some guy he doesnt know, im sure he will be ok. But if they ask him why he smoked teh weeds and his answer is the same as Silva's limp dick meds excuse "none of your business" he might get the book thrown at him, and I would not put it past him.

It was the in-competition test he failed.

He failed because he had metabolites that show he could have smoked marijuana anytime in the last month or so. I understand that the rules are what they are and that Diaz has only himself to blame for his current predicament.

I just can't bring myself to care about his infraction. It's a bad rule.

There is an argument to be made for weed and maybe some other things but I think fighters should be sober when fighting. All pro athletes for that matter.

I find it preferable, but primarily because it is a performance and judgment IMPAIRING drug. My main complaint with a drunk competitor is that he would be less able to recognize and tap to a heel hook or something along those lines.

Then again, Paul Harris seems less competent and aware than the average drunken wino and manages to win fights.

If I were a UFC fighter, in my own self interest, I would prefer that my opponents impair themselves with alcohol every single fight.

I find it preferable, but primarily because it is a performance and judgment IMPAIRING drug. My main complaint with a drunk competitor is that he would be less able to recognize and tap to a heel hook or something along those lines.

Then again, Paul Harris seems less competent and aware than the average drunk and manages to win fights.

If I were a UFC fighter, in my own self interest, I would prefer that my opponents impair themselves with alcohol every single fight.

I would pay to watch ultimate drunk fights. "He's been drinking all day Joe..."

And jones got how long for using cocaine?

Out of competition is not the same as in competition. This really shouldn't be difficult to understand.

Sooooo difficult.

I hope it's a slap on the wrist for Diaz... his antics make me laugh

I would pay to watch ultimate drunk fights. "He's been drinking all day Joe..."

And we could get Ben Rothwell doing this before the fight starts...

stone-cold-steveweisers-o.gif

If he does I hope he goes on an epic rant before they have to force him out of the room. War Diaz.

it would be funny as fuck

:icon_lol:

--

but some people are certain that hes gonna get fucked, but hes one of the ufc draws

if theres something, it wont be too harsh i think

--

oh yeah theres the nashville brawl and what not

oh well, w/e

Back