Will Nick Diaz be banned for life?

He'll probably get two years and the commission will play that "cause i got high, cause i got high, la dee dat da " song at his hearing.

I think he'll get a 2 or 3 year suspension...I think he is done fighting either way. He hardly seems to want to fight even when he isn't suspended.

How pious of you. You already know whether you agree or not that weed is not a performance enhancer.

Facts are facts, they are not “err mer gerd, weed shouldn't be banned. *rabble, rabble*.“ But science fact. Have fun in that bubble.

We're talking about actual rules and regulations by the powers that make the rules - not your typical Sherboob's responses to what they think is morally right. :rolleyes:

Nick is fucked.

Anderson is what, like 41? Why doesn't he just retire. He'll never come back better after a year layoff when at his age, every year is like dog years.

At least Kizer is gone now. He personally hated Nick, and went out of his way to report BS about him to the media.

Nick's still fucked though

I'm not sure how much people follow this stuff but imo Nick is fucked. They're going to be out for blood.

Then Nick should definitely NOT use the argument that there must have been weed in a sexual supplement he was using.

Nick Diaz got into fighting for 2 reasons:

1) To "Get his mom out of that shitty little house"

2) Be financially stable himself

Unless he's a complete idiot with money....

He made 1/2 a million dollars in the Anderson fight alone.

Nick and Nate combined should have way more than enough to accomplish their goals.

They will sentence hims to become GSP's butler for a whole week.

That means he will be banned for life, yes.

I think he'll get a 2 or 3 year suspension...I think he is done fighting either way. He hardly seems to want to fight even when he isn't suspended.

In 2-3 years he'll be broke and I bet he fights again somewhere like Bellator. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave him 5 years just to get rid of him, guy is a troublemaker.

It's his third strike in Nevada and he obviously doesn't give a shit about the consequences. They're going to drop the hammer of doom on him.

Weed is an underrated PED. I've rolled high out of my mind a couple times and what it does is it removed all the blocks i have in my head that prevent my BJJ knowledge from being applied. I normally can use about 15% of what I know rolling live, while stoned that jumps up to like 50%.

No comment on whether any PEDs should be banned or not.

Er, lol, but Diaz wasn't stoned during the fight. This rule is just a heavy handed way to enforce a ban on marijuana that the population has largely ignored. It has nothing to do with athletics, and the ACs should not test fighters for it. Heck, cocaine doesn't seem to be a problem out of competition. Why is weed?

This will be interesting.

On one hand, he has broken the rules so many times. Regardless of what your opinion are of pot, he's blatantly disrespecting the commission and he clearly doesn't care about the consequences. I think the commission cares less about the rules you're breaking and more about making a mockery of them. I can easily see them dropping the hammer.

On the flip side, if they gave him a long suspension for pot, the PR alone would be a nightmare. The headlines would read "Diaz suspended 2 years for marijuana". If casuals saw that headline and weren't aware of Nick's past, multiple failures and blatant disregard for the rules, they'd think it's complete bullshit a MMA fighter was suspended for that long over marijuana- "How is that fair? The guy was just smoking pot, he doesn't deserved to be suspended that long." So, maybe the commission doesn't want negative press over something that isn't a big deal.

So, I can see the commission either suspending him for 2-3 years OR only suspending him for 9 months, basically times served.

Who knows what route they'll take.

nick will get a short ban that he has probably already done by the time it's sorted

Er, lol, but Diaz wasn't stoned during the fight. This rule is just a heavy handed way to enforce a ban on marijuana that the population has largely ignored. It has nothing to do with athletics, and the ACs should not test fighters for it. Heck, cocaine doesn't seem to be a problem out of competition. Why is weed?

That defeats the purpose of testing for ped's... so what everyone can pump themselves full of roids and then get off them before they fight and say well I wasn't on them when I fought so...

Back