Will Nate or Mcgregor Change Up Their Game Plans For The Rematch?

Gonna be hard for Conor to catch nate coming in with nate having the reach advantage. I can see nate laying a cerrone-esque beatdown on Conor this time. Question is, will Conor panic wrestle again
Attempting a takedown to avoid getting KTFO doens't equal "panic wresting". It's just survival.

I believe Conor is going to attempt to prevent getting strangled again

That's the definition of panic wrestling!!!
Then maybe I was confused when you said, "Question is, will Conor panic wrestle again". Whether he's about to get finished by strikes or GnP/Submission is not some great question anyone is really asking.

I hope connor keeps those fancy kicks out of this fight.

all he needs is a well timed roundhouse to the dome of Diaz to knock him out. that's way more power than a punch can generate but the range is the hard part he's not sparring tall guys for the boxing he's training to land those kicks. but Nate's camp knows how to get him ready bunch of pot heads thinking and dreaming of ways the fight can go. what you think happens on those runs? "occupy the front of the brain with a mundane task so the rest of the brain can work" that one guy from layercake.

I don't think Nate's gonna use a live and let live strategy

If Nate forces Mcgregor to the ground, then Conors fucked.

Else it will be tight as fuck, giving it to Conor in the 2nd as there is too much money to be made in the rematch

Nate aint stupid

tumblr_nga7mhFDYc1rrogpco1_400.gif

If Conor attributes his loss to Diaz at UFC 196 to him gassing, then he is going to have a bad time. He needs to assume that Round 2 Diaz is going to be his opponent, not Round 1 Diaz. He needs to use his energy more efficiently this time, land those low kicks at will, and be patient.

If he goes in there wild looking to put on a show, throwing spinning kicks and charging in, Diaz is going to outlast him and put him down again as soon as Conor gets tired.

Conor will utilize more kicks. Maybe not the kind that RDA throws but big leg kicks here and there. Oblique kicks more often like usual. I expect Conor to do more damage to the body with punches and spinning kicks. He won't use to much energy trying to throw big over hands or cross like he did before. He'll even take Nate down at least twice.

As for Nate, I expect more clinches coming out of him. Clinch and knees to the body. Maybe even try for a few take downs here and there. I wish he can throw good body punches like his big bro but maybe will see a few. For Nate, I expect the clinches to help him gas out Conor. His 1-2 is good and stiff enough to do damage to Conor.

At the end, I see Conor winning this via SD. But who knows, that just my guess.

that might be true if conor didnt win 8 out of 9 minutes
It still might be true. Nate wasn't being Nate out there for those 8 minutes. He was doing too much watching to get a feel for a guy he hadn't trained for. We'll have to wait and see but there won't be another one sided minute for Conor between these two imo.

Back