Will Nate or Mcgregor Change Up Their Game Plans For The Rematch?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Hardkore, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Hardkore

Hardkore Titanium Belt

Mcgregor: I'm predicting we will see a more patient and measured Mcgregor in the rematch. I think he'll try to utilize more leg kicks to Nate's lead leg, how effective his leg kicks will be is a different story and will Nate start checking those leg kicks right away.

Secondly, I don't think Mcgregor is going to lead, I think he'll lead in moments, but I think his main tactic will be to counterstrike and try to catch Nate coming in. Only pushing the pace if he gets momentum going or if he thinks if he has Nate compromised at any point. Obviously this is all to conserve his gas tank and last the marathon.

However, I'm very curious to see if Mcgregor can be disciplined enough to stick to his game plan, it's not in his nature to sit back, he's usually the one dictating the pace and the intensity of the fight. I don't think sitting back and conserving his gas tank is the best strategy for him to win.

Nate: I think Nate will do what he's always done, keeping busy with his boxing and make Mcgregor work at a fast pace, biding his time for his volume punching to start accumulating damage and that pace to start wearing down Mcgregor. I believe Nate will implement more fence work this time, as he's proven he's better in the clinch, he's going to push Mcgregor up against the fence and lean on him, and batter him with short punches and knees to further drain his tank. Once Nate sees him start to slow down, that's when he's going to put the pedal to metal and open up a can of whup ass on him. I see stoppage by KO/TKO or Submission in the 4th or 5th round, Mcgregor will be game, but Nate's hand will be raised once again.

Sherbros, how do you see the fight going down?

SoSoSmart and rjmbrd like this.
  2. $uicideboy$

$uicideboy$ ROPE GANG Banned

conor? yes
    naythan? not sure hes ever changed his gameplan

conor flatlines nicks baby bro inside 10 minutes imo

somervillecr and F0od like this.
  3. BOGS DIAM0ND

BOGS DIAM0ND Banned Double Yellow Card

All Nate ever needs to work on to beat Connnnnnnner is simply his defensive boxing. He smokes him everywhere else without breaking a sweat.

Conor needs to adopt a traditional Muay Thai style kicking game, get a better chin, a much better gas tank and a new heart.

Air Lats and SoSoSmart like this.
  4. John Wick

John Wick Banned Banned

I think both camps have the same game plan

McGregor has been training to improve his cardio and BJJ in case it goes to the ground. He's going to push the pace like the first fight. I think he expects to not fade and Nate will go down--hence the second round KO prediction.

Nate has been bulking and sparring. He's going to stand but expects to get hit less--more bobbing/weaving. He's going for the KO as well.

The fight is going to come down to who can take more shots in my opinion. Conor is the heavier hitter, but Nate has a better chin. Who wants it more? It's going to come down to that. I'm betting on Nate. As he said, "kill or be killed" . Conor is not about that life that's why he panic wrestled.

Air Lats, SoSoSmart and BOGS DIAM0ND like this.
  5. F0od

F0od Brown Belt

This minus the Conor win

Air Lats likes this.
  6. Hardkore

Hardkore Titanium Belt

He's always had to shore up his defensive boxing, he gets hit too much for my tastes. Even though he does a wonderful job of rolling with the punches to take the steam off or putting up a hand to deflect them coming in, I'd prefer he doesn't take them at all.

rjmbrd likes this.
  7. Nate isn't changing shit. He can't change shit. Either you can deal with it or you can't, but it isn't a surprise what is coming.

AP_RESURRECTION and Air Lats like this.
  8. BOGS DIAM0ND

I agree with the bottom half of your post. I didn't even need the Diaz fight to see that when shit really gets heavy, Conor has little heart. He fought two week Mendes and was begging Herb Dean for free stand ups. He literally had to wait for Mendes to gas out and make a mistake. Luckily for Conor even though he too was gassed out (displaying his shit cardio even before the Diaz fight), he had one last burst of energy left and it counted. The Mendes fight was VERY telling to me of how Conor deals with adversity and his endurance.

Air Lats and SoSoSmart like this.
  9. Hardkore

Hardkore Titanium Belt

I'm going to disagree, he started to finally check leg kicks, especially after Benson and then RDA. So that tells me he's starting to be more open to accept different tactics.

SoSoSmart likes this.
  10. Didn't he get his leg destroyed against RDA? Who had similarly good kicks after? But anyways, Nick already explained this. They aren't going to back off the amount of weight put on their front leg.

Air Lats likes this.
  11. BOGS DIAM0ND

Well, he's definitely surrounded by the right guys to cork that small hole. He didn't even have sparring and still worked Conor. I have this feeling that this fight will be a longer version of Diaz's last run in with Gray Maynard. Conor will gas and Diaz will finish him with strikes on the feet. Conor will wing everything he has and go out on his shield but he will ultimately be TKO'd from strikes on the feet. Diaz is much too long, he places his punches perfectly, has an overwhelming volume and I just don't think Conor will be able to finish him before he gasses out.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  12. spooNN

spooNN Black Belt

Conor will probably come in with a different more passive gameplan. He will fight in a uncomfortable way that he's not use to fighting and afraid of gassing out. I think this 180 turnaround will cause him the fight again.

Air Lats, SoSoSmart and BOGS DIAM0ND like this.
  13. Sanfula

Sanfula Yellow Belt

I think we'll see a more measured Conor. Nate will look the same but start the fight sharper this time.

Conor should absolutely use more kicks this time. Kick the hell out of Diaz's legs and body to set up the hands. Thats has worked wonderfully for Conor in the past. His kicks set his punches up really well.

I'd love to see Conor win; I'm a big fan of his fighting style, but Nate is so hard to put away.

Air Lats likes this.
  14. Hardkore

Hardkore Titanium Belt

Yes, that's why I said he started to check leg kicks after the Benson and RDA fight. You saw him start doing it in the Michael Johnson fight and with Mcgregor.

rjmbrd likes this.
  15. changospank

changospank Green Belt

Nate's camp are not dumb if you watched the preview videos they had a guy mimicking Conor's flashy kicks going over video in that short amount of time they set up a gameplan that surprised Conor. Nate's body shots surprised Conor and Nate's clinch game was gangster when he got of hold of Conor.

humans are creatures of habit and Conor is no different he is hard set in his ways and if Nate keeps his distance, stick and move he will frustrate Conor into attacking but if Conor can leg kick early and pick his spots and throw a giant bomb either his left or one of his roundhouse kicks maybe in the 2nd or 3rd round and it connects Nate is in big trouble. this is a crazy fight.

both men have their strengths and weaknesses but their fundamentals are drastically different. Nate has more tools in his game while Conor has less but they are fine tuned and deadly.

rooting for Nate on this one but Conor is dangerous on his feet so i hope both men come prepared.

lob and Air Lats like this.
  16. Hardkore

Hardkore Titanium Belt

I agree, I think the volume punching and clinch battle is going to drain Mcgregor's tank dry once again, albeit in the 4th or 5th round.

changospank likes this.
  17. BOGS DIAM0ND

I'm calling 3rd. Maybe even 2nd again.

18. blazerkor

blazerkor Purple Belt

Nate does tend to have the same gameplan every time. Get better at his boxing and clinch stand up, continue to grow as a BJJ master and impliment those things in his fights. Conor can change whatever he wants. He couldn't handle Cabo Nate but he'll finish full camp Nate within two rounds? That's ridiculous. Nate is going to come in sharper than last time, he'll pour on more punches and do it quicker, Conor will either get taken down in the clinch and subbed or more likely get TKOd within the first three rounds. Conor hasn't made up for Nate being a decade better than him in MMA boxing, clinch work and stamina and he sure as hell hasn't made up for Nate being two decades better than him at BJJ. All in 6 months.

Conor winning within two rounds is not going to happen but he might get to stop fighting within 10 minutes.

Air Lats and Hardkore like this.
  19. Sanfula

Sanfula Yellow Belt

Referencing our little feud in the other thread: If Conor flatines Nate inside 10, I might be mesmerized just a bit. I really do hope Conor can overcome the challenge Nate presents to him. People question Conor's heart in all these threads and that is crazy to me. Conor WANTS to fight Nate again. He wants to prove himself and test himself. That is heart.

$uicideboy$ likes this.
  20. covenant

covenant Black Belt

I hope connor keeps those fancy kicks out of this fight.