Will Nate or Mcgregor Change Up Their Game Plans For The Rematch?

Nate does tend to have the same gameplan every time. Get better at his boxing and clinch stand up, continue to grow as a BJJ master and impliment those things in his fights. Conor can change whatever he wants. He couldn't handle Cabo Nate but he'll finish full camp Nate within two rounds? That's ridiculous. Nate is going to come in sharper than last time, he'll pour on more punches and do it quicker, Conor will either get taken down in the clinch and subbed or more likely get TKOd within the first three rounds. Conor hasn't made up for Nate being a decade better than him in MMA boxing, clinch work and stamina and he sure as hell hasn't made up for Nate being two decades better than him at BJJ. All in 6 months.

Conor winning within two rounds is not going to happen but he might get to stop fighting within 10 minutes.

Nate being bigger with a full camp is going to be problematic for Mcgregor. Nate will be heavier with that height and reach, and even better cardio this time around. Conor better bring his lunch pail, he's goin to need to clock in some overtime.

Despite what his camp is saying/predicting Conor will pace himself and win a 49-46 UD.

Conor will be light on his feet and be in and out, Nate will push forward late and that's where he possibly wins a round but in continuing to move forward in the next round he'll eat a big counter that rocks him (possibly drops him) and makes him hesitant to push forward again.

Yes, that's why I said he started to check leg kicks after the Benson and RDA fight. You saw him start doing it in the Michael Johnson fight and with Mcgregor.
Michael Johnson was landing leg kicks and just stopped throwing them altogether. It wasn't because Nate was that effective at defending them. He might check a few, but he's always going to be vulnerable.
Nick Diaz: Everyone’s complaining about how we don’t check kicks. Well you know, I’m not going to come out of my stance so I get knocked out. Kick that leg all that you want, you better be good at kicking. And you know, I will check the kick, so you got to watch out. But everyone’s like, oh he’s real heavy on that front leg… but no one understands what he’s working with here.

Nate does tend to have the same gameplan every time. Get better at his boxing and clinch stand up, continue to grow as a BJJ master and impliment those things in his fights. Conor can change whatever he wants. He couldn't handle Cabo Nate but he'll finish full camp Nate within two rounds? That's ridiculous. Nate is going to come in sharper than last time, he'll pour on more punches and do it quicker, Conor will either get taken down in the clinch and subbed or more likely get TKOd within the first three rounds. Conor hasn't made up for Nate being a decade better than him in MMA boxing, clinch work and stamina and he sure as hell hasn't made up for Nate being two decades better than him at BJJ. All in 6 months.

Conor winning within two rounds is not going to happen but he might get to stop fighting within 10 minutes.
he got outboxed and dominated on the ground until conor gassed

Michael Johnson was landing leg kicks and just stopped throwing them altogether. It wasn't because Nate was that effective at defending them. He might check a few, but he's always going to be vulnerable.

Sure, but he never checked them before and he probably would have continued to do so has Johnson kept throwing them.

Despite what his camp is saying/predicting Conor will pace himself and win a 49-46 UD.

Conor will be light on his feet and be in and out, Nate will push forward late and that's where he possibly wins a round but in continuing to move forward in the next round he'll eat a big counter that rocks him (possibly drops him) and makes him hesitant to push forward again.

Mcgregor turning into a point fighter LOL? That's even worse than him losing, I'd respect him more if he went out on his shield.

I'm pretty sure Nate learned a whole new martial art for thid fight. He's always progressing.

Conor doesn't throw kicks like that. He's not a traditionalist and even when he has, there's no power behind them.

image.jpeg

Your name is very fitting. You'll likely be on suicide watch after what Nate does to Conor.

Again.... By the way, gassing out is definitely not an excuse. Cardio is very much a part of martial arts, moron.

The discussion was about evidence of Nate being able to modify his style or gameplan. Had nothing to do with Conor.
You took it there, I ran with it. Conor's next opponent is Diaz, is it not? Conor's spinning shit kicks didn't get him anywhere the first time and won't this time either. He needs to adopt the traditional Muay Thai style leg kicks and he needs to put some power behind them and keep them coming.......... And not gas out......... And not get cracked with 1-2's.......... And not panic wrestle............ And not give up his neck........... And not quit.

Like I said before, ridiculous. Conor won round one and 2 minutes of round two but getting one sweep is not dominating the ground. Also, do you actually think Conor was out of shape after a full camp and couldn't go even two rounds or do you think, possibly, Nate's striking took the energy out of him? Conor fans can twist it up any way they like but a Diaz with a full camp will be much more imroved than a Conor who the same amount of prep time but this time is giving a face to his opponent. Conor doesn't have the power to take Nate out, he doesn't have the reach to stop Nate's hands, he doesn't have near the ground game necessary, and if he gets caught in the clinsh it's a nightmare for McGregor. So I guess with all of that said we'll just have to wait and see because right now the only evidence we have of who the better fighter is, is a quick tap from your boy after getting lit up on the feet.

Mcgregor: I'm predicting we will see a more patient and measured Mcgregor in the rematch. I think he'll try to utilize more leg kicks to Nate's lead leg, how effective his leg kicks will be is a different story and will Nate start checking those leg kicks right away.

Secondly, I don't think Mcgregor is going to lead, I think he'll lead in moments, but I think his main tactic will be to counterstrike and try to catch Nate coming in. Only pushing the pace if he gets momentum going or if he thinks if he has Nate compromised at any point. Obviously this is all to conserve his gas tank and last the marathon.

However, I'm very curious to see if Mcgregor can be disciplined enough to stick to his game plan, it's not in his nature to sit back, he's usually the one dictating the pace and the intensity of the fight. I don't think sitting back and conserving his gas tank is the best strategy for him to win.

Nate: I think Nate will do what he's always done, keeping busy with his boxing and make Mcgregor work at a fast pace, biding his time for his volume punching to start accumulating damage and that pace to start wearing down Mcgregor. I believe Nate will implement more fence work this time, as he's proven he's better in the clinch, he's going to push Mcgregor up against the fence and lean on him, and batter him with short punches and knees to further drain his tank. Once Nate sees him start to slow down, that's when he's going to put the pedal to metal and open up a can of whup ass on him. I see stoppage by KO/TKO or Submission in the 4th or 5th round, Mcgregor will be game, but Nate's hand will be raised once again.

Sherbros, how do you see the fight going down?
I didn't answer this correctly the first time. Both will change up their game plan. Conor is no longer training for a faceless opponent, he is specifically training for Nate. I still think Conor will go out there and throw hard, just not as hard, hopiing his power will have a cumulative effect. I think Nate's gameplan will be far different. He won't start slow on purpose and he will have studied Conor so now his movement should help him avoid a lot of those punches. So faster start and different defense from Nate and taking a little off of his punches for Conor... that's it.

Gonna be hard for Conor to catch nate coming in with nate having the reach advantage. I can see nate laying a cerrone-esque beatdown on Conor this time. Question is, will Conor panic wrestle again

Nate should just clinch up and do some damage there or go for the takedown. He made his point in the first fight, There's no reason to make a point about it. If it goes to the ground, this is over in less than a minute. TD, submission, walk out with the check.

Like I said before, ridiculous. Conor won round one and 2 minutes of round two but getting one sweep is not dominating the ground. Also, do you actually think Conor was out of shape after a full camp and couldn't go even two rounds or do you think, possibly, Nate's striking took the energy out of him? Conor fans can twist it up any way they like but a Diaz with a full camp will be much more imroved than a Conor who the same amount of prep time but this time is giving a face to his opponent. Conor doesn't have the power to take Nate out, he doesn't have the reach to stop Nate's hands, he doesn't have near the ground game necessary, and if he gets caught in the clinsh it's a nightmare for McGregor. So I guess with all of that said we'll just have to wait and see because right now the only evidence we have of who the better fighter is, is a quick tap from your boy after getting lit up on the feet.
that might be true if conor didnt win 8 out of 9 minutes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back