Will Machida have similar success in dropping weight?

PotatoKing

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Anyone think Machida will have the same success as Lombard, 20 pounds lighter? Speedwise; endurance, confidence, etc.

Munoz, T.J. Grant, Lombard. This could be a whole resurgence of fighters who have a long standing in the game.

Depend's does his style change as well?

If losing the weight makes Machida leaner and faster, I see him just being even more difficult to deal with. I also hope it improves his conditioning.

We got to see next week. I think he's gonna Ko Munoz.

Would love to see him fight Belfort and Weidman too.

Different situations in my opinion.

Machida has won a UFC belt and acquitted himself well against the best in the world, and is still a highly ranked LHW. He's just trying to become one of the greats.

Lombard has so far lost lackluster decisions to guys who are good but not great. He's made money and won in smaller organizations, but he still has a ton to prove.

I don't know why he wouldn't have success at MW, he wasn't really cutting much weight at LHW he regularly came in 2-3 pounds light. The guys I can see him having trouble with are Weidman, Belfort, and Jacare.(if they would fight)

I think he will quickly be a top 5 fighter and he would be one of the toughest fights for Weidman at MW.

I think he will be more successful overall. Let's be honest, he could have stayed at 205 and still been favoured against most of the LHW top 10.

And you guys really think he would beat Weidman?

Me not think so....

Yeah he will be sprinting instead of running.
All the way to the top baby.

I dunno, I feel like Machida is on his way out anyway, dude is not getting any younger.

If similar success equals 4 loses in his last 7 fights I say yes

Back