Media Will Aljo have success at 145?

biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
Its always a big question on whether a fighter will have success at a new weightclass, and usually it depends on a fighters style among other factors.

What I have found is that the fighters who tend to have success in higher weight divisions tend to have power. People like Rumble, Masvidal, Poirier, Figgy, etc. Or if they dont have natural power, they tend to move their feet and fight smart like little guys do. Guys like Mighty Mouse, Volk, etc.

Aljo definitely doesnt have that god gifted striking or power, so hes gonna have to fight smart against all these guys.
I do think he will get the job done against Kattar. But how do you think he fares against the rest of the divison?

Here are some of his insights and training clips from his youtube channel. Always good stuff from the former champ

Typically wrestlers move down in weight, strikers move up.

I think it works out poorly for him.
I agree that its much harder for grapplers to move up, because they depend on size and strength more than strikers.

I think he's a top 10 guy might not be a top 5 guy but I think a match up like evloev could favour aljo

I think he'll beat everyone except Volk and Topuria as those are the guys he won't be able to takedown and will punish him badly on the feet.

Ortega would be a tough match up too, 50/50 on that.

I think he gives up range in the striking dept. and at 145 they should be able to “shuck” him off a lil easier on his TD attempts being larger guys

He won’t be near as successful in this class

I don't see it happening.

What fucking year is this? Aldo was a 145 GOAT. In 2015.

He seemed to have a problem getting inside on a larger guy like omalley.

I don't know why but i thought the title said Aldo.

Sterling will do well at 145. Won't be champion but top 10 yes

Back