• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rumored Will Korean Zombie retire if he loses to Volkanovski?

I think he’s going to hang them up if he loses, which is likely that he will lose to Volkanovski.

He’s 35 years old and his body is pretty battle worn. I don’t think he has another run in him to work his way back into contention.

He’s also mentioned the R word after his Ortega loss. Could this be the last time we see him fight?

Not really public knowledge, but KZ was DEVASTATED after the Ortega fight.
There's a different kind of pressure Koreans put on themselves.
And as the cross bearer, so to speak, for MMA in Korea, he was 'supposed' to win by any means.

On paper KZ is outmatched, everywhere to be frank, but man...................................

YA NEVER KNOW WITH CHAN SUNG JUNG

I was in the arena when he KOed Frankie
It was madness I tell ya

WAR ZOMBIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I think he’s going to hang them up if he loses, which is likely that he will lose to Volkanovski.

He’s 35 years old and his body is pretty battle worn. I don’t think he has another run in him to work his way back into contention.

He’s also mentioned the R word after his Ortega loss. Could this be the last time we see him fight?

Zombie probably will if he loses. Hes headlined buncha cards and is most famous fighter out of Korea so hes been paid well over the years. Hes gotten alot of bonuses to.

Hes financially stable and has a gym, a successful Youtube Chanel, and is a celebrity over there so he can find good work I bet. So it doesnt make sense to keep fighting if he wont be champ.

I would be very happy if he became a champ. I like Volk and I know everything is about imposing your game, but Zombie is truly one the most well-rounded fighters in the history of MMA. His Judo, Wrestling, BJJ and striking are all well above average and I really don't know many people who can do so many things that well. Too bad it never led him to become a champ, maybe it was his downfall that he was never extremely great in one special thing but yeah... That would be a fine moment.

I still maintain that Zombie could have won that Aldo fight if he didnt bust his shoulder. He was doing well and landing some good stuff before the injury got bad and Aldo took him out

His wife wanted to, but he clearly said in one of his videos that he doesn't have plans to retire at this point especially with how successful his eye surgery went. He feels he's still evolving training with his team in AZ and that people should stop asking him about retiring. If he loses to Volk, I expect him to have several months of layoff (as always) and still have a couple of more fights. He really wanted to fight Max and I think that's something he'll try to accomplish before he hang it up.

on a side note, Stun Gun is staying very busy with the Korean entertainment side. I see him everywhere...

Just saw him on IG with his co-host on their TV show. She seem very familiar ;)

nM44IGO.jpg

Just saw him on IG with his co-host on their TV show. She seem very familiar ;)

nM44IGO.jpg
Hmmm… familiar indeed… but who… can’t put my finger on it… I feel like the answer is so close…like right in front of me…

Reactions: Gio
Hmmm… familiar indeed… but who… can’t put my finger on it… I feel like the answer is so close…like right in front of me…

7aa6bae2a39abdd356fac9280f8adb418e50a384_hq.gif

For his health, I hope he does retire. KZ has always been a favorite, and it's crazy to think that he is back in a title fight after the Aldo fight was so long ago. However, he's usually in battles, and the brain can only take so much rattling. I see him kind of like a Clay Guida -- not going to reach gold, but an exciting old-school (well, in 2022, anyway) name to see on a fight card.

He had to take four years off after the Aldo fight because of military service.

Since he can back he's only lost to Ortega and Yair in the dying seconds when he was on track to win the decision.

Aside from that he's picked up four wins. I wouldn't put him in the Clay Guida category at all, he hasn't been a top ten guy for about ten years.

I wouldn't be surprised if he does

Why would you put the "rumored" tag on this thread when there is absolutely nothing...no article, no video or audio source, to suggest he's considering it? TS sucks
He literally started the rumor then tagged the thread rumored haha

He had to take four years off after the Aldo fight because of military service.

Since he can back he's only lost to Ortega and Yair in the dying seconds when he was on track to win the decision.

Aside from that he's picked up four wins. I wouldn't put him in the Clay Guida category at all, he hasn't been a top ten guy for about ten years.

Was his compulsory service really four years? I thought it was two. Oh well. I'll agree that he is still game, I just meant that he's one of those names that has been around for over ten years now that will still draw eyes even for those who haven't really been following the UFC too closely in recent times (like me). Still, dude has had some wars, and current ring prowess not withstanding, I still maintain that the noggin can only take so much rattling without permanent repercussions.

Was his compulsory service really four years? I thought it was two. Oh well. I'll agree that he is still game, I just meant that he's one of those names that has been around for over ten years now that will still draw eyes even for those who haven't really been following the UFC too closely in recent times (like me). Still, dude has had some wars, and current ring prowess not withstanding, I still maintain that the noggin can only take so much rattling without permanent repercussions.

Not sure how long it was but he was out 4 years after the Aldo fight.

Oh yeah he's been around for a hot minute, man I remember the Leonard Garcia fight alone he ate a careers worth of shots.

If his health issues are as bad as people think they are or if his heart is out of it, he should retire, but if he loves competing he can still hang in the division and compete. You're probably right this is his last title shot. Sucks that he injured himself during the Aldo title fight and had military duty in his prime.

If he does I will never forget this...
4ALFd7r.gif

Then says "sorry Canada" after.

Back