Rumored Will Johnny Walker improve?

iToMcH8.gif

Will he improve? If he sticks with SBG, absolutely not. I feel like he wasted a golden opportunity leaving Tristar so quickly, he has great reach and solid power but doesn't appear to know how or when to use those tools effectively against higher skilled opponents.

Walker is the type of guy that can KO people by flying knees and spinning backfist but can´t learn how to throw a single jab.

Jon Jones didn't learn how to throw a jab either.

i think Johnny Walker needs to go back to what got him to the UFC. wild shit. this ain't boxing, and he's not a boxer. a big part of why he knocked so many guys out is because he's unpredictable. i think King's MMA would be good for him, where they won't try to change him and will just refine his style, so he's not putting himself in dangerous positions too often.

His reputation will always be one of "wasted potential".

So many fighters would kill to have his insane athleticism and physical attributes. But his mentality makes them worthless. He has no interest in mastering the integral basics.

Johnny Walker didn't leave Tri star, he just can't get into Canada to train due to the travel restrictions. He'll train there again.

He’ll make slight changes. Nothing too remarkable so personally don’t see him ever becoming a contender.

1 of his 2 subs came against a guy who's lost like 21 fights and never won lol... The other came against a dude who had 1 submission win, a Kimura over a dude who had never fought before or since.. That's as far as JW's submission credentials go from what I can tell, apparently he's a Brown Belt but no idea who he trained under, maybe he got it in Ireland.

Auch. You didn't even make this up ><
(He (Marck) only had 4 of his losses at the time he faced Walker though.)

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Marck-Polimeno-163495

He's the ultimate glass cannon. He's never going to be in serious contention I don't think, but he's always going to be fun to watch.

a big part of why he knocked so many guys out is because he's unpredictable.

An even bigger part was that he wasn't fighting great competition.

His nonsense might have worked against dudes with no wiki pages and then a few journeymen in the UFC, but it's never going to work against the better fighters.

People were seriously talking about how this guy was going to run through Jones lol, but he can't throw a jab and has no clue what he's doing on the ground.

Bring back Bader. Would love to see Bader fight for a number one contender fight at 205. He would starch Walker

You know this just happened to Bader right?

nemkov-vs-bader.gif

If anything they need to bring in Nemkov somehow.

An even bigger part was that he wasn't fighting great competition.

His nonsense might have worked against dudes with no wiki pages and then a few journeymen in the UFC, but it's never going to work against the better fighters.

People were seriously talking about how this guy was going to run through Jones lol, but he can't throw a jab and has no clue what he's doing on the ground.

He did manage to pull off a spectacular KO against Cirkunov, who's a good fighter. I give him credit for that.

He reacts horribly to getting hit.

He's not gonna get much better than he already is restless he can get over that mental block.

He has gifts, just not in the gas tank or chin department. Once his explosiveness diminishes, he is a sitting duck. He has a tiny head and an even smaller chin connected to the rest of his head by threads, it seems. He’s basically a shell of a fighter.

his time is finished.

Weak minded. All over the place. A sheer disappointment.

Walker is a white belt on the mat and doesn't have a good chin nor defense.

Spann got badly rocked by Sam Alvey tho.

If he loses to Spann, yea he's finished as a top prospect.

I wasn't impressed by Spann in his last fight, I fully expect Johnny to brutally finish this fight.

I hope he improve himself and if not he should not be in the UFC anymore

Back