• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Will Jiri have learned from his one colossal mistake that cost him against Pereira?

I used to hang out with this dude when I was about 20 yrs old..he was like 18-19 and we all used to hang at the park.

Kid was like 5'5" and 165 pounds.
I watched that dude fuckin one punch like 5-6 dudes in that park lol.
One dude was about 6'3" 240ish and he was the one that started it, snd still got bombed on.

He had hammers for hands too, he was doing masonry for like 6 years at that point.

5-6 dudes in one fight or are these seperate occasions?

I think it's too soon for this rematch, and it's going to end just like the first one, but sooner. I understand Jiri wanting to get some get back, but it doesn't make sense to me now.

HOWEVER, kudos to both these two incredible fighters stepping up on short notice to save the date.

Jiri doesn’t have to learn anything. It is a short notice fight, but Alex is doing a tour in Australia, not training properly and is coming in with toe issues. Jiri just needs to commit to his combos, wade in, catch him with something and then gnp him into oblivion. Or die trying.

Jiri can win and probably will. Did anybody actually watch the first fight ? Jiri had Pereira hurt and he was able to keep him down for a good part of that round

Sure he did. He completely changed his approach mid-fight from trying to fight measured at a distance where he was getting picked apart to pressuring like a madman creating a firefight. Far too often we see fighters come into a fight with one game plan and they won't switch it up no matter how obvious it is that it's not working. That fight was a great example of a guy coming into a fight with a game plan then scrapping it and changing the approach midway through when it wasn't working.
Well 1st round he got chewed up by those kicks again. Rakic still landed 6/7 kicks in the 2nd round. I get that Jiri got it done, but that was from guts to go for the KO. I just don't think he can replicate that against Pereira. It was the first thing I thought watching it live.

Jiri's style is basically aggressive unforced error after aggressive unforced error. If people weren't backpeddling to figure out what the fuck was going on, Jiri wouldn't be successful at all. But he's insanely successful because nobody can handle his craziness.

Jiri has always had poor defense

Its his style, Alex will catch him again

And Alex is getting better at landing the left

Jiri can win any fight at LHW and even though Pereira is a very tough matchup for him, he could just get it done, but only if he stays composed throughout the entire fight. He likes to move his head and use that hands down, unorthodox style of his, but as far as I can tell the one time he didn't, he got punished for it immediately (video is timestamped):

He lunged in for a right overhand but kept his head right on the center line, and Pereira just sniped him with a gnarly right hook left hook combination. Jiri seemed to be getting some momentum as well but it looks like he got overzealous, and instantly paid the price.

I have no favorite in this fight and could see both winning, but slightly leaning towards Pereira because his best weapons (soccer calf kick and left hook) just seem a little bit more lethal than Jiri's best weapons. But if Jiri stays composed, keeps moving his head and makes it a dogfight, I could see him reclaiming that belt.

How do you think this fight plays out?

It was an uppercut hook counter. And I don't think someone like Jiri can fix his tendencies to be aggressive and play right into Alex's hands

Strickland's style is effective against Alex. He was backing down since the fight started but Sean however, received a massive left. Jiri could do the same, he just have to be ready for that left.

Well 1st round he got chewed up by those kicks again. Rakic still landed 6/7 kicks in the 2nd round. I get that Jiri got it done, but that was from guts to go for the KO. I just don't think he can replicate that against Pereira. It was the first thing I thought watching it live.
I don't think he can either. I think Poatan is just an awful stylistic matchup for him. But I definitely give him credit for the mid-fight change up against Rakic. He was gonna lose that fight trying that measured approach from the outside. He said fuck this, this ain't working, and went for broke and got the KO. That's what we come to see in a Jiri fight. That's just gonna get you some left hook sweet chin music against Periera.

I don't think he can either. I think Poatan is just an awful stylistic matchup for him. But I definitely give him credit for the mid-fight change up against Rakic. He was gonna lose that fight trying that measured approach from the outside. He said fuck this, this ain't working, and went for broke and got the KO. That's what we come to see in a Jiri fight. That's just gonna get you some left hook sweet chin music against Periera.
Pereira's chin is possible to be cracked. Izzy had to do some clever rope a dope to make it happen. Jiri better rush the fight like a mad man in the first before he gets chopped down. Pereira is really consistent in all rounds, so I don't think Jiri can turn it up like he did against Rakic. Either way, hope Alex comes out with the W because we'd be stuck in rematch hell in another division.

Jiri can win any fight at LHW and even though Pereira is a very tough matchup for him, he could just get it done, but only if he stays composed throughout the entire fight. He likes to move his head and use that hands down, unorthodox style of his, but as far as I can tell the one time he didn't, he got punished for it immediately (video is timestamped):

He lunged in for a right overhand but kept his head right on the center line, and Pereira just sniped him with a gnarly right hook left hook combination. Jiri seemed to be getting some momentum as well but it looks like he got overzealous, and instantly paid the price.

I have no favorite in this fight and could see both winning, but slightly leaning towards Pereira because his best weapons (soccer calf kick and left hook) just seem a little bit more lethal than Jiri's best weapons. But if Jiri stays composed, keeps moving his head and makes it a dogfight, I could see him reclaiming that belt.

Your username is ironic

Jiri Procházka has a chaotic chance, with his power, but the trouble is he gets eaten-up 90% of the time he's in there with Alex Pereira.

Procházka was getting lit up by Rakić also — who doesn't have Alex' power — and who also doesn't have Alex' professionalism.

Yes, when Procházka begins his "chaotic moves," and starts putting out that pressure, he starts to eat lesser amateurs alive (as he did Reyes and then Rakić after him).

That amateurish bullishit didn't work with Alex Pereira.

Yeah, he clipped Alex, got him backing up for a second — but the differenc is, Alex = A Professional, stepped forward and just clinched with Jiri, tied him up, and stopped that bullshit momentum.

Once stopped, Jiri had to reset, and it took him quite a while to try that "chaotic stuff" again — and the next time Alex KO'd him, anticipating this sloppy entry, on Jiri's second attempt to put on that chaotic pressure.

So sure, Procházka is powerful enough and chaotic enough to hit lightning in a bottle and maybe nail Alex — but most likely he will get eaten alive worse this time around, and KO'd more decisively.

Jiri is there to be hit, and his loss wasn't due to "one colossal mistake" — it was due to the fact Alex is too much of a seasoned pro to fall for Jiri's amateurishness as lesser fighters tend to.

Jiri leans way too heavy in his lead leg
He can’t fight any other way and eked is going to chop him down and stop him

Pereira's chin is possible to be cracked. Izzy had to do some clever rope a dope to make it happen. Jiri better rush the fight like a mad man in the first before he gets chopped down. Pereira is really consistent in all rounds, so I don't think Jiri can turn it up like he did against Rakic. Either way, hope Alex comes out with the W because we'd be stuck in rematch hell in another division.
Izzy wasn't doing any clever rope a doping. He was just getting his ass kicked and landed a hail Mary punch. It was similar to Lawler/Manhoef.

Izzy wasn't doing any clever rope a doping. He was just getting his ass kicked and landed a hail Mary punch. It was similar to Lawler/Manhoef.
Well whatever it was, it wasn't until Pereira was sure of the kill he let his guard down. That's been the only way someone has caught him so far.

Back