Will GSP return to reclaim the title?

i dont want him to come back at this point, he seems to have his head out of mma for the most part, and after 2 acl surgeries and competing for 10+ years at a high level of fighting and training i would like to see him stay retired as the #1 welter and one of the greats.

Agree....I don' think anyone will match his record for awhile....he retired after beating everyone he ever fought...how many MMA retirees can say that?:icon_chee

It's not likely after a 2nd major knee injury.

He'll be champion again when he returns. War GSP

The problem that GSP is going to face is a) age and b) wear & tear on the body...

Everyone slows down with age, that is an absolute... some slow more than others... and to be frank, certain styles are more inclined to degrade fast then others... GSP has always relied on his speed, and agility... and remarkable conditioning... Slow him down a notch or two, and it is going to have a big impact... the good news for Georges, is that his is so dedicated to his craft, and meticulous with regards to training, he is not going to age as fast as a fighter who lives a more leisure inclined lifestyle... but after the age of 30, performance typically declines... after 35, it declines rapidly...

The other factor is the amount of wear and tear that 27 fights, with 20+ of those fights against top 5 competition, have had on his body and mind... add to that 2 ACL surgeries... it is quite possible that GSP is simply not be able to get back to a physical standard we have seen previously... The guy has taken a lot of damage the past few fights... perhaps time will heal a lot of the wear and tear his body has endured... but that is still a very big IF...

The other question that has to be asked... and the reason so many fighters come back, is the lure of one big final paycheck... sure... We all know that GSP has done very well over the years... and he appears like the guy who has taken care of his finances... but if a ridiculous offer were to be extended... that may also be a factor in bringing Georges back for a final run.. It wouldn't be implausible for the UFC to extend such an offer under the right circumstances, or environment... at the end of the day, GSP is the PPV king, and his brand is still well in tact...

"should"

didnt
FOTOS-imagens-UFC_LANIMA20131117_0062_1.jpg

Same expression of surprise Lyoto had when the judges robbed Shogun.

Say GSP comes back some time this year, and it's like he never left. He's motivated again, and looks a lot like an earlier version of GSP not like the seemingly athletically inferior version we saw vs Hendricks.

Can he do it in the current lions den we have?

Is his body capable of performing at a level which enables him to dominate and be champ again?

Though he lost against Hendricks but go the decision since he is GSP. He fought so infrequently anyway (10 fights in the last 7 years) so him being away for a little bit is no different than it has been.

Would like to see him come back though because there are so many guys to face and Hendricks should have another crack at him since he was robbed.

he risks tarnishing is legacy coming back.

he's the first p4p goat fighter to retire on top (Fedor lost, Andy lost), and I think he should keep it that way. it makes for a great story.

If he does return, I could DEFINITELY see him making it bak to top 3 than eventually re claiming his Title

Would rather him stay retired. Nothing left to prove and he gets worked by anyone he cant hold down for 5 rounds now.

I can't see him being happy with that Hendricks decision and he has said in the past that he is obsessed when he is fighting, so, I think it's very possible.

Say GSP comes back some time this year, and it's like he never left. He's motivated again, and looks a lot like an earlier version of GSP not like the seemingly athletically inferior version we saw vs Hendricks.

Can he do it in the current lions den we have?

Is his body capable of performing at a level which enables him to dominate and be champ again?

It will be his motivation and I think he will continue to dominate and get the strap back. Can't wait for the return of GSP hype to begin...

Essentially, you are asking if the best Georges St-Pierre could defeat the current top 10 ranked fighters. Really?

Here is the current top 10 from the UFC website...
1 Robbie Lawler - 32 years old (almost same age as GSP). Where was Robbie the last 10 years GSP was running shit? The minors.
2 Rory MacDonald - not on Georges' level yet.
3 Tyron Woodley - See Robbie Lawler above.
4 Carlos Condit - thoroughly routed.
5 Jake Ellenberger - choked during #1 contender match.
6 Matt Brown - You can't possibly be serious. Matt is 33 years old and spent almost his entire career ranked outside the top 15.
7 Hector Lombard - See Robbie and Tyron above.
8 Demian Maia - Couldn't even handle Shields and Rory.
9 Dong Hyun Kim - See Matt Brown above.
10 Tarec Saffiedine - won a single fight in the UFC against someone not even ranked in the top 20.

But how does he do against the champ?

Essentially, you are asking if the best Georges St-Pierre could defeat the current top 10 ranked fighters. Really?

Here is the current top 10 from the UFC website...
1 Robbie Lawler - 32 years old (almost same age as GSP). Where was Robbie the last 10 years GSP was running shit? The minors.
2 Rory MacDonald - not on Georges' level yet.
3 Tyron Woodley - See Robbie Lawler above.
4 Carlos Condit - thoroughly routed.
5 Jake Ellenberger - choked during #1 contender match.
6 Matt Brown - You can't possibly be serious. Matt is 33 years old and spent almost his entire career ranked outside the top 15.
7 Hector Lombard - See Robbie and Tyron above.
8 Demian Maia - Couldn't even handle Shields and Rory.
9 Dong Hyun Kim - See Matt Brown above.
10 Tarec Saffiedine - won a single fight in the UFC against someone not even ranked in the top 20.

I think Rory would beat GSP.

I can't see him being happy with that Hendricks decision and he has said in the past that he is obsessed when he is fighting, so, I think it's very possible.

He made himself obsessed and the pressure was eating him alive so he took a break.

even though he has more than enough money, i'm sure it will be hard to say no to such a big payday a comeback fight would be

Back