Will GSP return to reclaim the title?

LiverpoolUFC**

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Say GSP comes back some time this year, and it's like he never left. He's motivated again, and looks a lot like an earlier version of GSP not like the seemingly athletically inferior version we saw vs Hendricks.

Can he do it in the current lions den we have?

Is his body capable of performing at a level which enables him to dominate and be champ again?

i dont want him to come back at this point, he seems to have his head out of mma for the most part, and after 2 acl surgeries and competing for 10+ years at a high level of fighting and training i would like to see him stay retired as the #1 welter and one of the greats.

I think he has the skills to do it. However, I do not see him coming back.

Say GSP comes back some time this year, and it's like he never left. He's motivated again, and looks a lot like an earlier version of GSP not like the seemingly athletically inferior version we saw vs Hendricks.

Can he do it in the current lions den we have?

Is his body capable of performing at a level which enables him to dominate and be champ again?

Essentially, you are asking if the best Georges St-Pierre could defeat the current top 10 ranked fighters. Really?

Here is the current top 10 from the UFC website...
1 Robbie Lawler - 32 years old (almost same age as GSP). Where was Robbie the last 10 years GSP was running shit? The minors.
2 Rory MacDonald - not on Georges' level yet.
3 Tyron Woodley - See Robbie Lawler above.
4 Carlos Condit - thoroughly routed.
5 Jake Ellenberger - choked during #1 contender match.
6 Matt Brown - You can't possibly be serious. Matt is 33 years old and spent almost his entire career ranked outside the top 15.
7 Hector Lombard - See Robbie and Tyron above.
8 Demian Maia - Couldn't even handle Shields and Rory.
9 Dong Hyun Kim - See Matt Brown above.
10 Tarec Saffiedine - won a single fight in the UFC against someone not even ranked in the top 20.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gsp is coming back and he can and will win the title back give him time to get his mentality and personal life straight, we are talking about the top 3 goat here.

Even being my favorite fighter, I think he needs to stay out. If he came back after two ACL surgeries there's almost no way he'd be as explosive as before and we'd all be disappointed.

I hope he does just so TheRassler can cry himself to sleep at night.

Gsp is by far the best WW of all time and one of the p4p greats. If he would return in top form he of course would be able to reclaim his title.

If he does come back, I imagine it would be similar to Anderson -- fun fights.

I mean we all want GSP-Hendricks II. If Hendricks loses the title at some point in the next year, that would be the obvious fight to make. Even if hendricks stays champ, you could still do a 5 round non-title fight.

Other fights GSP could take would be: Lombard, Lawler, Condit II

nah Hendricks ruined him

Gsp is by far the best WW of all time and one of the p4p greats. If he would return in top form he of course would be able to reclaim his title.

I agree with everything you said except for the "Of course". Did you see the fight with Hendricks? Even if you scored it GSP, there's no "of course" to be had right now in the WW division, even for GSP, IMO.

Essentially, you are asking if the best Georges St-Pierre could defeat the current top 10 ranked fighters. Really?

No. Idiot. Idiot wanting to be all confrontation behind his computer, with no manners. Just because you're online, you don't have to coordinate yourself in a way that goes against the grain just for the sake of it. Be polite once in a while and see the results.

What I'm asking is, what if the guy we saw fight Hendricks was a lesser motivated/complacent Georges, and he learned from that fight that he has to find his old self to compete again. I'm not asking would prime GSP be good enough to beat the current welterweights at all. Dummy.

If he does come back, I imagine it would be similar to Anderson -- fun fights.

I mean we all want GSP-Hendricks II. If Hendricks loses the title at some point in the next year, that would be the obvious fight to make. Even if hendricks stays champ, you could still do a 5 round non-title fight.

Other fights GSP could take would be: Lombard, Lawler, Condit II

I really don't see how you can have a non title fight against the champ. I know they happen so often maybe not in the UFC, but it's just stupid. If one guy beats another, he's better than that guy, since their last fight hypothetically speaking. The best guy should be champ.

I don't think he has it in him physically to be the guy that beat Koscheck (the first time), Alves, and Fitch.

But even the greatly diminished GSP of today can compete with and probably beat most of the top guys in the current UFC WW division (I certainly wouldn't call that a "lions den," though... the division is at its weakest point in nearly a decade).

No. Idiot. Idiot wanting to be all confrontation behind his computer, with no manners. Just because you're online, you don't have to coordinate yourself in a way that goes against the grain just for the sake of it. Be polite once in a while and see the results.

What I'm asking is, what if the guy we saw fight Hendricks was a lesser motivated/complacent Georges, and he learned from that fight that he has to find his old self to compete again. I'm not asking would prime GSP be good enough to beat the current welterweights at all. Dummy.

Oh. I could have swore you wrote this.."and looks a lot like an earlier version of GSP not like the seemingly athletically inferior version."

So, a motivated GSP at his athletic best should not be considered a prime GSP? GTFO

I completely agree if he was 100%
Healthy he would win the title back but sadly now he had done his second acl I think if he does come back he would of lost a step and I would rather he stayed retired as he has nothing to prove .

Back