Will father time finally catch up to Jones?

Reyes looks exactly llike Smith. Young, green, out of his league and he and all the Smiths and OSPs and Volkans are getting these opportunities cause the division has been long dead.
difference is that Reyes has never suffered defeat
Smith had 13 previous losses, sure most of them a long time ago, thats why some of us thought he had a chance

It will but not on Saturday. Volkan was taking down Reyes...

We can only hope but I wouldn't bet on it

Yeah... He’s a generational talent.

Outside of a GSP v Serra, type KO... Wouldn’t be surprised if Jones retires and or leaves the LHW undefeated..

But... it’s mma.. yah never really know now do yah.

Jones has been dominant for over a decade now. He's now up against a new, younger contender.

Is Saturday the night his streak comes to an end? I have to admit the Santos performance wasn't his best. He arguably lost.
He DID lose.

He is only 32, has not had any major injuries and has had time off because of his suspensions and trouble outside the cage. He is only 1 year older than Adesanya.

If he loses soon its because he is not unbeatable.

Jones has been dominant for over a decade now. He's now up against a new, younger contender.

Is Saturday the night his streak comes to an end? I have to admit the Santos performance wasn't his best. He arguably lost.
I think Father Time has already caught up to him. I also think Reyes will win. I'd favor Prime Jones over Reyes, but not the current one.

If he couldn't roid freely, yes absolutely. But he got a shot in the arm so to speak.

But he is slowing I think.
Look at his career over the past few years:

Looked bad vs a mediocre Santos.
Looked meh vs a worthless Smith.
Looked meh vs middling OSP.
DC win did not count.
Finished a washed up Gus.

His best "recent" performance that was not a NC was vs DC five years ago.

No he’ll move to heavyweight eventually and reign until his 60s

people keep citing his age saying "32 is still young" but people age differently. Fedor got his first loss at 32 and never looked the same afterwards. Jon has already looked not the same for quite a while.
obviously he keeps winning, but he hasn't that really brutal type of fighting that he used to have. where he'd consistently try to finish guys.

now a days he's happy to just stay back and win on points behind his oblique kicks and eye pokes. i know he's said he wanted to strike with these past opponents but i believe this is an excuse he says to hide the fact that he's not the same. and right now he's winning these fights based on past achievements more than he's winning it on actual fighting skill. people are just afraid of what he was able to do 5-10 yrs ago, not realizing he can no longer do those things anymore.

i've been adamant forever about this, but at HW you'll see. if he goes to HW he WILL lose to someone. at HW they don't care about your past achievements because they all know they're exactly 1 punch away from knocking anyone in the world out and they'll roll the dice for sure vs Jones.

Back