Will Chef Chenko vs Kate Chookigan be a good co-main?

Literally has all the potential to be the worst fight in ufc history

Chook is going to be completely outclassed. She's just the only person for Val to fight. 125 is super shallow, no one in the top 10 has a prayer of beating Valentina.
Good chance Chook gets blasted trying to close the distance early in the fight and then throws her remaining strikes from 2 feet out of range. Our best hope of this not being a 25 minute snooze fest is that Val takes her down and subs her. Cross your fingers for that.
Yes let's all hope that Shevchenko finishes this fighter Chookagian by a brutal KO or sub and clearly shows to the rest of the division that they are not at her level.

LAST thing we need is a 5rd victory. IMHO Shevchenko at this point should regard a points victory as a bad day at the office.
A crushing stoppage with no mercy is what I'd like to see.

Last edited:
Valentina fights according to her rival.

Eye came out aggressive and took a beating and a concussion.
Carmouche wanted nothing to do so Valentina just outclassed her.

Who knows.. it depends which way Cookigan wants to lose this one.

I honestly can’t remember any of the challenger’s fights. That cannot be a good thing because I tend to take pretty good notes on almost every fighter on the roster and I cannot figure out what Kathy Chookigan does?

giphy.gif

It can't be any worse than Shevchenko vs Carmouche, so there's that.

Hell no, it's not worth being in UFC.
Put the women in the women's org.

True but just as bad would kill the card dead regardless of how good the main could end up being.
100% man. It sucks. Shevchenko is a phenomal fighter, but there's not much she can do when her opponents decide to not engage (due to them being far inferior).

100% man. It sucks. Shevchenko is a phenomal fighter, but there's not much she can do when her opponents decide to not engage (due to them being far inferior).
Eh kinda disagree she's that much better than literally ever other 125er at the moment I think she can go forward and wade through any shots and force her opponents to fight rather than keep things at a distance and win by mind numbing and card killing UDs, it's not like Chookagian's got any stopping power, don't think she's ever actually finished a UFC fight. Valentina could pretty much charge her and I don't think Chookagian's got the weaponry to do anything about it. Valentina should be murking everyone at 125 because every time she goes through a fight like her last one against Carmouche she reminds us of the utter pointlessness of the WMMA 125 pound division.

Eh kinda disagree she's that much better than literally ever other 125er at the moment I think she can go forward and wade through any shots and force her opponents to fight rather than keep things at a distance and win by mind numbing and card killing UDs, it's not like Chookagian's got any stopping power, don't think she's ever actually finished a UFC fight. Valentina could pretty much charge her and I don't think Chookagian's got the weaponry to do anything about it. Valentina should be murking everyone at 125 because every time she goes through a fight like her last one against Carmouche she reminds us of the utter pointlessness of the WMMA 125 pound division.
IDK, it's easy to blame fighters of not going forward when you're not the one eating punches (even if it's just a few) to do so. I mean, i see where you're coming from, but the UFC should just pay more, thus making a career there more attractive, thus enlarging the talentpool (at 125).

Let's just hope it's not going to be a boring fight.

I hope this is not a trend the UFC is quietly pushing UFC 246 had Holly Holmes vs Raquel "Are you sleeping yet" Pennington I think the UFC sees this is way to force wmma on viewers without burying them in the undercards like the good old days...

IDK, it's easy to blame fighters of not going forward when you're not the one eating punches (even if it's just a few) to do so. I mean, i see where you're coming from, but the UFC should just pay more, thus making a career there more attractive, thus enlarging the talentpool (at 125).

Let's just hope it's not going to be a boring fight.
Agreed, I don't have high hopes though. Tbh I'd prefer if Valentina has any more dull fights they just fold the division and let any that can hack it fight at 135, arguably Val's been the closest to beating Nunes in recent times, she can clearly hack it at 135. As for the rest if they can't hack it at 135 cut em, hardly a big loss, not like any of them are either elite or must watch fighters and I'm not sure any of them other than Val could bring in 1k+ ppvs buys let alone anything substantive.

Chookagian is absolute garbage, we need to pray for a quick finish here from Val

Last edited:
Either way, exciting or not. We all know one thing for sure. Valentina is going to win!

I don't see anyone at her size beating her.
Maybe if they put her against someones bigger than her.

The only one who has "beat" her was the current 145lbs champion and it was by a contreversial split decision.

However, I hope that Shevchenko realize that she has a chance to be the biggest thing in WMMA, which we've seen could get pretty huge, so that she will go all out to finish Chookagian who poses almost zero threat to Shevchenko.

I am doubtful. Liz Carmouche posed zero threat to her either standing or on the ground but she still refused to turn it up and fought safe.

This is the first PPV card I'll be missing in a while. Will be going to see Duncan Trussel live instead. Will catch the Jones fight on ESPN+ when it becomes available. Hope Reyes shocks the world. Chookagian hasn't shown ANYTHING that tells me that her fight w Schev will be interesting/competitive.

Back