Will Cain ever be bigger than JMM,Canelo in Mexico?

Cain is american. If you try to argue that he is mexican then you are probably going to also argue that 70% of the population in USA are european. lmfao.

He can say he is mexican all he wants, but a birth certificate shows he is american and not mexican.

Same goes for Cain if he has ever stated he is mexican

birth certificates dont mean shit. if cain and louis ck feel more mexican than american, then let them call themselves mexican

Mexican fans will only relate to someone who is born in and lives in Mexico. They do not consider Cain a Mexican. I've been to Mexico several times and am of Mexican descent. The same as Marcus "The Irish Hand grenade" Davis didnt have the country of Ireland giving a shit about him.

well marcus davis was only 1/64th irish or something but if both his parents were from ireland he would have gotten a lot more love off the irish

Mitt Romney's dad was born in Mexico, and when he went on Univision, he tried to play to the Mexican crowd with this, including fake spray on tan, to look more Latino lmao

Campaigning in front of white people

romney-debate-1-ap.jpg

Playing to the Mexicans
uni_romney_univision_miami_120919_wg.jpg

Ola, amigos!

lol, i've always considered politicians to be chameleons, this proves it!

Nationality and race are completely different. Even if people are getting nationality and race confused, they are still effing wrong, as there is no mexican race. Where you are born, that is your nationality. But anyways, to answer the question, boxing is deep rooted in mexico, and could take quite a while for mma to make a mainstream stand, so as of now, Cain wont be bigger than those boxers.

#1 - Cain Velasquez walks around with 'brown pride' on his chest. You will NEVER see a Mexican fighter who actually is from Mexico putting some weird shit like that on himself; not even in Spanish lol.

That is an indication that he has an American way of thinking where everything is about skin color. In Mexico there is some racial tension but for the most part the true 'discrimination' is against poor people, not against people of different skin color. Americans love to obsess about skin color and me, having been to Mexico and travelled through Mexico can tell you that it's not about race or skin color there.

#2 - Cain's Americanization is really highlighted in the fact that he doesn't speak fluent Spanish and his Spanish is very Americanized with a crapload of mistakes and errors. This is due of course to the separation of Mexico/America with the border and lack of formal education in the language.

Even some Brazilian fighters such as Demian Maia and JDS speak better Spanish than Cain Velasquez. If not 'better', than more fluid. Cain is always screwing up, mispronouncing and lacking major grammar and vocabulary.

I could be missing even more but those are already differences that people who know Mexican culture can see from a MILE away.

Nationality and race are completely different. Even if people are getting nationality and race confused, they are still effing wrong, as there is no mexican race. Where you are born, that is your nationality. But anyways, to answer the question, boxing is deep rooted in mexico, and could take quite a while for mma to make a mainstream stand, so as of now, Cain wont be bigger than those boxers.

right! although the term mexico comes from the Mexica empire (aztec), it actually goes like this:

Mexitli-tlatoani of the aztecatl tribe (from utah)
Mexica-name of the empire honoring Mexitli who began the journey to find a homeland
Mexico-to honor the empire that fell to the spaniards and tlaxcalla army.
---
Mexica-descendents of the empire living today(many in the us)
Mexican-nationality that encompasses all tribes and peoples of central Anahuak (america)

As a mexican, no never.

Maybe if he becomes the p4p champion with 10 title defenses half of those been in mexico city.

#1 - Cain Velasquez walks around with 'brown pride' on his chest. You will NEVER see a Mexican fighter who actually is from Mexico putting some weird shit like that on himself; not even in Spanish lol.

That is an indication that he has an American way of thinking where everything is about skin color. In Mexico there is some racial tension but for the most part the true 'discrimination' is against poor people, not against people of different skin color. Americans love to obsess about skin color and me, having been to Mexico and travelled through Mexico can tell you that it's not about race or skin color there.

#2 - Cain's Americanization is really highlighted in the fact that he doesn't speak fluent Spanish and his Spanish is very Americanized with a crapload of mistakes and errors. This is due of course to the separation of Mexico/America with the border and lack of formal education in the language.

Even some Brazilian fighters such as Demian Maia and JDS speak better Spanish than Cain Velasquez. If not 'better', than more fluid. Cain is always screwing up, mispronouncing and lacking major grammar and vocabulary.

I could be missing even more but those are already differences that people who know Mexican culture can see from a MILE away.

so he doesnt speak native spanish....either do a lot of native indians that live in the jungles. there still mexican tho

right! although the term mexico comes from the Mexica empire (aztec), it actually goes like this:

Mexitli-tlatoani of the aztecatl tribe (from utah)
Mexica-name of the empire honoring Mexitli who began the journey to find a homeland
Mexico-to honor the empire that fell to the spaniards and tlaxcalla army.
---
Mexica-descendents of the empire living today(many in the us)
Mexican-nationality that encompasses all tribes and peoples of central Anahuak (america)

Kindof confusing. So by that definition, would you consider Cain Mexican by nationality? Or only if he was decended from a tribe from one of those regions historically? Seems more centered around bloodlines.

tell that to the EZLN, the Zapatistas, the people who still live in the sierra madre mountains and deserts avoiding big citys. or the people of Chiapas who deal with straight up white power shit written on walls everyday...

by the way, i learned Spanish from Purapecha's, they mix Nahuatl with Spanish, most from Mexico do, this is why many fail Spanish class, because our version of Spanish is very diluted and bastardized by our own native language. As it should be.

to this day i still mix the two languages up when i speak spanish.

so he doesnt speak native spanish....either do a lot of native indians that live in the jungles. there still mexican tho

They are more considered "indigenous peoples". And you are absolutely right. A ton of them don't speak any Spanish at all. And true, he doesn't need to be a master in the language to be accepted, but he has troubles with the language to the point where it's pretty hard for him to communicate. But the other major point was the whole thing about the tattoo and the mindset behind it. How could he become bigger than JMM or Canelo? I don't see it. lol. Canelo/JMM can communicate perfectly to their fans in their country AND they don't have some weird ass tattoo that demonstrates American skin color.

Back