Will Artem beating Paulie finally make dumb boxing fans stfu about Conor’s boxing?

No one has any confidence he can go five, hard 5 minute rounds. Hell, I don’t think he thinks he can do that. I bet even you can name at least 10 fighters in his division, whose cardio is not even a question.
Eh, that's exactly what he did in Daiz 2?

Lol he was grappled in the first round, the 2nd he was on his back trying to ward off blows. Cheating probably drained his tank as well
I don't think Aldo's own mother took that 13 second KO as bad as you, it turned you into a hater of the most pathetic kind.

Why? The ortiz stoppage wasnt even legit, Hatton (I saw in Vegas) was the last real KO he had.
I agree

But I meant being like " he got stopped by a 40 year old brittle handed past prime boxer" Floyd deserves better than that

You're a Conor fanboi so of course you're going to believe all that nonsense the boxing community tried to sell to the sheep.
Crazy as it sounds I think I'm past the point of being a fan of anyone

I'm a good fighter myself, it's just not the same as it once was.

Fawning over Fedor, may weather, Leonard, bj penn or whoever else as if they're some gods

I still love and expect everyone obviously but fan holds a different meaning for me these days

Credit where credit is due for sure. But you have to breakdown the fight, the circumstances and put things into their proper context. How much of Conor’s performance was his ability to hang with Floyd or how much was it Floyd placing a bet on a 10th round finish, we will never know. And I get it, it was his first pro boxing fight. But it’s not like the dude is some asshole brawler off the couch.
Jesus, you realise we can do that with every prize fight in history, in fact I think Conor deliberately lost to Khabib coz he backed Khabib in the 4 round and knew the trilogy would make load of money. <Lmaoo>

Well I'm a truth fanboy above all else. People might think I'm a bigger than I actually am because I'm able to see through the nonsense, distorted versions of truth, bias, hate and group think which is influencing the narrative. All I do is shed light on the other end of the spectrum which is willfully ignored. Does that make me a fan or just someone capable of critical thought? You be the judge. Truth is I don't care, about Conor or anyone else enough for me to distort the truth in their favor. I have a hand dawn Fedor poster on my wall, same boat.

you obviously operate from the more hating end which is fine, to each their own.. But it also means you aren't going to b the most objective person when it comes to knowing where I truly stand. Anyone acknowledging some of the things I do will seem like a fanboy to you whether that's the case or not.

On the topic in question, I think for myself when it comes to boxing and mma analysis. However when you have boxing greats, legends, up and comers, current champions, mma fighters and champions of all shapes and sizes showing that respect, it means something. That wasn't just fluff, these people are not being paid to deceive the public on anyone's behalf. They're giving their honest account of what happened and in this case they were dead on.

For an mma fighter fighting against even a 40 year old past prime Floyd, arguably the greatest defensive fighter of all time and one of the best fighters of this generation, he had a good showing for himself. Context is everything here. He demonstrated some good boxing ability, landed shots and impressed a lot of people. Particularly people in the know. He deserves that respect and got it from people who truly understand the game without an agenda. It is mostly only the fans arguing otherwise

The narrative is that Floyd carried him, what actually happened was strategy. He allowed Conor to punch himself out, stayed in his shell, felt him out, got his timing and range down, sniped the body and dragged the fight into deeper waters where he would then drown him. Later on Conor's holes in defense at that level were made apparent and he was also no longer the same threat as the early rounds and you seen Floyd change up his style. It was a strategy you would expect to see of a 40 year old past prime Floyd fighting an unorthodox southpaw opponent who in spite of his inexperience was a bit of a wildcard. Something even Paulie eluded to

Anyways, the truth is there for all to see and people are left to make of it what they choose.

I'll agree somewhat with your last paragraph. The rest is up for debate

I agree

But I meant being like " he got stopped by a 40 year old brittle handed past prime boxer" Floyd deserves better than that

He was def past his prime and ever since his hand troubles he wasnt the same fighter.

I don't think Aldo's own mother took that 13 second KO as bad as you, it turned you into a hater of the most pathetic kind.

Why would it? I'm not an Aldo fan, I respect him but I couldn't care less about him only that I picked him to win.

Crazy as it sounds I think I'm past the point of being a fan of anyone

I'm a good fighter myself, it's just not the same as it once was.

Fawning over Fedor, may weather, Leonard, bj penn or whoever else as if they're some gods

I still love and expect everyone obviously but fan holds a different meaning for me these days
Maybe maybe not, although with Conrad I think your bias is rather apparent regardless of your denial.

Either way you have good observations about the fighters for the most part. It's why I don't mind discussing these topics with you.

Jesus, you realise we can do that with every prize fight in history, in fact I think Conor deliberately lost to Khabib coz he backed Khabib in the 4 round and knew the trilogy would make load of money. <Lmaoo>
Lol you're an idiot fanboi of the worst kind

Maybe maybe not, although with Conrad I think your bias is rather apparent regardless of your denial.

Either way you have good observations about the fighters for the most part. It's why I don't mind discussing these topics with you.

Well you think so . But really it would be impossible for you to know unless you yourself were truly objective about him

<seedat>

Well you think so . But really it would be impossible for you to know unless you yourself were truly objective about him

<seedat>
I'm not objective, i won't say that I am. I also can spot his strengths and weaknesses.

Eh, that's exactly what he did in Daiz 2?

Please dude, he barely survived, looking at the clock every other minute, “resetting” position by turning his back and even literally running. Running is used as a figure of speech for fighters who employ a lot of movement. In Conor’s case, we actually saw him run. I don’t have time to post the gifs, but you can look them up.

Done with you. Can’t debate with fanboys.

Boxing in general has so many weight classes, and so many damn belts, Paulie winning a few belts in no way made him an elite boxer. When Conor KO'd Aldo it was a big deal because we knew Aldo was the best 145 fighter in the world. No doubt. Who did Paulie beat for belts exactly?

Floyd carried Conor.

Great job? Getting KOd by a 40 yr old brittle handed boxer who hadn't stopped anyone in 7 years prior to conrad?

Did Floyd fight Conor in the Octagon? No because he would have been violently knocked the fuck out, without the comfort of his 12 ounce gloves, shoulder rolls. Having to deal with kicks, elbows, knees, fear of grappling. In other words he never got into a fight with Conrad.. Floyd did what he always does. Play his game and win.

Back