Will a rematch between Masvidal and Askren ever happen?

• Thread starter Deleted member 546119
  • Start date
Masvidal ruined bens career in 5 seconds

This kneeds to happen

I would like to see it. Masvidal deserves all the credit in the world for that KO, but that was a one in a hundred outcome at best.

It’s kind of crazy how unique both of Askren’s fights in the UFC have been.

masvidal would just knock him out with a flying knee again.

There should be a rematch, 100%. Any fight that ends within 10, 20 or 30 seconds should IMO. These guys never fought. Masdival kneed Ben in the face and it was over. It was simply not a fight. Just like Aldo vs Conor. No fight there as well.

GargantuanUncomfortableHousefly-size_restricted.gif

Will it ever happen again? To be honest, I kind want to see them rematch and see what would happen if it went longer.
In a world where Ben becomes champion, yes.

Jorge dodged a bullet and he knows it, he doesn't want to leave it to chance that Ben humiliates him for 5 rounds.

If it happens, it'll be outside of the UFC when both careers are at the end, like Chuck vs Tito 3

Rofl noo. Ben belongs on the bellator prelims. Any top fifty WW murks him

In a world where Ben becomes champion, yes.

Jorge dodged a bullet and he knows it, he doesn't want to leave it to chance that Ben humiliates him for 5 rounds.
What? He called his finish weeks before the fight and would do it again

I dont think Jorge has the hespect for Askren to ever give him one, and against someone u dislike, having a loss like that unavenged would eat at them for a long time. Hes already been open to giving one to Till down the line
Definite lack of hespect. Ben earned it that way

Maybe if both are in the title picture at the same time but I don't see that happening.

Many here seem to have forgotten or just didn't pay attention before but Masvidal is known for being a decent but under-performing fighter. Two nice KOs in a row hasn't convinced me that he's a changed man after an entire career of fighting the same way. I think he'll go back to being the same old Masvidal before long and Askren will be a "Win some, lose some" kind of guy in the UFC.

I think they'd need to strike while the iron is hot if they ever want to do the rematch. I can see both guys losing stock over the next few years. Remember when Mike Perry was the hottest thing going around here?

Right after Conor rematches Aldo.

Maybe if both are in the title picture at the same time but I don't see that happening.

Many here seem to have forgotten or just didn't pay attention before but Masvidal is known for being a decent but under-performing fighter. Two nice KOs in a row hasn't convinced me that he's a changed man after an entire career of fighting the same way. I think he'll go back to being the same old Masvidal before long and Askren will be a "Win some, lose some" kind of guy in the UFC.

I think they'd need to strike while the iron is hot if they ever want to do the rematch. I can see both guys losing stock over the next few years. Remember when Mike Perry was the hottest thing going around here?
Win some lose some kinda guy..
You may be right, but when your constantly fighting the best loses will occur. By the way most of his losses could have gone either way and consider them robberies. Again, Not sure if your a new fan or not but not everyone can be undefeated in MMA. He's not losing to bums either. The more you stop caring about records specially in MMA when anything can happens is the moment you will actually appreciate fighters for their skills. Not everyone is Jon Jones

Will it ever happen again? To be honest, I kind want to see them rematch and see what would happen if it went longer.

It really should.
It's not as if Askren was "exposed" or as if Masvidal showed that he "owned" him.
Mas dominated for about 4 seconds, and that's it.
He earned the win, no doubt. It wasn't a fluke. It was excellent planning and execution.
However it does not tell the whole tale of how these fighters match up.

no, ben already retired once. He doesn't have that much longer, he just wants a title shot, if he falls too far out of the picture he's gone.

Winning the lottery twice is rare. Masvidal probably wouldn’t take that chance.

Because it was so competitive the first time?
So you legitimately think the fight goes the exact same way every time??? Kudos to Jorge for coming in with a perfect gameplan, plus having both the luck and skill to pull it off, but absolutely no way does askren dive headfirst in to a knee in a rematch.

Back