Will a rematch between Masvidal and Askren ever happen?

• Thread starter Deleted member 546119
  • Start date
Askren would need some wins and Masvidal would need some losses. If Askren loses his next fight he’ll probably get released from the UFC. If Askren could get some wins, and Masvidal starts losing and falls off, he could possibly take an Askren rematch to try and make himself relevant again. All of this falling into place is the only way in my opinion that a rematch happens

GargantuanUncomfortableHousefly-size_restricted.gif

Will it ever happen again? To be honest, I kind want to see them rematch and see what would happen if it went longer.
I'd put it at 50/50. I can also see Askren winning that fight and I bet he'd be a huge betting underdog the second time.

Possible. For that happen, Askren would need to be on a winning streak, while Masvidal suffer back to back losses to Usman, Edwards, and Ponzi.

Not likely it would take something really unlikely like Askren winning the title (it is the UFC so anything can happen especially as a last second replacement) to get Masvidal to want to take a rematch.

I like Ben and think he could be the champ, but in this case he fell hard, and they are in two different places. Ben needs to get back on the horse and get some wins. Jorge is on the cusp of a title shot. We are not talking about a situation where it was a bullshit decision or a fluke. Granted what Jorge did was high risk and probably would not work again, but Jorge drilled it, set it up brilliantly, and did what he wanted to do. So there is zero reason for a rematch for now.

I want to see Askren Vs Dillon Danis in bellator <36>

GargantuanUncomfortableHousefly-size_restricted.gif

Will it ever happen again? To be honest, I kind want to see them rematch and see what would happen if it went longer.

No controversy at all. However, askren getting the win over Lawler is highly controversial. We need to see that rematch first.

Maybe.

They've both had shoddy UFC careers.

PRI_74830431.jpg

Here have this extra biscuit with your meal boy, it’s on the house.

What’s the real reason you hate Masvidal? I’m very curious, I think I know why, and it’s something Masvidal said in the interview with Schmo that triggered you folks, but go ahead and tell me :)
What did Mas say in the interview? I'm curious now, but not curious enough to sit through a Schmo interview.

I swear, Masvidal says 'You're in my world now bitch' but i can't read his lips that well

Back