Wilder is exercising the rematch clause.

Good luck to the dude.

In fairness, that was a really badass Sauron costume from Lord of the Rings. If only America had a holiday where you could dress up in stuff, so he didn’t have to wear it to the ring on the biggest night of his life.

Does seem like a dumb excuse. He did seem to have no legs but I'm not sure I buy it was because of that costume.

Does seem like a dumb excuse. He did seem to have no legs but I'm not sure I buy it was because of that costume.

if it’s true, he is an idiot. Self inflicted stupidity is not a justification.

I read on CBS Sports that he told Kevin Iole "he didn't hurt me at all" lol

40 pounds. You know that actually means it was 10 pounds. Tops.

who could buy that crap when the guy trained for this fight for nearly 3 months. 231 lbs of muscle. defeated by a costume

who could buy that crap when the guy trained for this fight for nearly 3 months. 231 lbs of muscle. defeated by a costume
I don't know what his issue was. He did seem gassed as fuck by round 3.

When all said and done, we've seen enough to know Wilder has no quit in him and this would be a ballsy move. Retirement money too and possible redemption. Hollywood gonna have a field day with these two.

From the link in the OP:

He claims that Fury's punches were not damaging and blames his special costume, which he says weighed 40-pounds, weakened his legs as he walked down to the ring.

“He didn’t hurt me at all, but the simple fact is ... that my uniform was way too heavy for me,” Wilder told Kevin Iole of Yahoo Sports.

“I didn’t have no legs from the beginning of the fight. In the third round, my legs were just shot all the way through. But I’m a warrior and people know that I’m a warrior. It could easily be told that I didn’t have legs or anything. A lot of people were telling me, ‘It looked like something was wrong with you.’ Something was, but when you’re in the ring, you have to bluff a lot of things. I tried my best to do so. I knew I didn’t have the legs because of my uniform.

“I was only able to put it on [for the first time] the night before but I didn’t think it was going to be that heavy. It weighed 40, 40-some pounds with the helmet and all the batteries. I wanted my tribute to be great for Black History Month. I wanted it to be good and I guess I put that before anything.”

<YeahOKJen>

“I was only able to put it on [for the first time] the night before but I didn’t think it was going to be that heavy. It weighed 40, 40-some pounds with the helmet and all the batteries. I wanted my tribute to be great for Black History Month. I wanted it to be good and I guess I put that before anything.”

He better train like man possessed, or Fury is gonna pound him like a sack of meat again. He cannot come in expecting things to go differently this time if he doesnt change things.

I'm guessing he wants one more payday before he retires. Make his millions and walk away to relax before his brain gets turned to tapioca.

He better train like man possessed, or Fury is gonna pound him like a sack of meat again. He cannot come in expecting things to go differently this time if he doesnt change things.

I'm guessing he wants one more payday before he retires. Make his millions and walk away to relax before his brain gets turned to tapioca.

Probably come in at like 220.. But how does he stop Fury from coming forward and beating him up again?

Back