Wilder is exercising the rematch clause.

I don't know what his issue was. He did seem gassed as fuck by round 3.
I think nerves/anxiety got to him. Fury rising from the dead in the first bout probably didn't help, but I think he knew what was coming and was sweating it. Pacing back and forth backstage like a weirdo 1 1/2 to 2 hours out from fight time? He was troubled by the thought of Fury/the fight/the moment.
Shocked he would exercise the rematch clause, to be honest. You basically drop three in a row to the same guy? That's a bad look.
Always a puncher's chance and he could catch Fury, but he'll have to do it backpedaling because it isn't like Fury won't attack him from the first second in the third fight. Why not make it an early night?
I'm going to say right now that Wilder "suffers an injury in camp" or something comes up that doesn't allow him to get in the ring with Fury for an immediate rematch.

Not sure it's a good idea for wilder.
Granted, I'm biased as I'd rather see Fury vs Joshua now but Fury is clearly a better boxer than Wilder.
Wilder won't close that gap by taking Fury on straight away.
Think he'd be better getting a decent trainer and a tune up fight.

Probably come in at like 220.. But how does he stop Fury from coming forward and beating him up again?
A straight right?
<BC1>
But you're right. He can't. He'll be beaten like a mule again what, late summer? I still say Wilder doesn't show for that.
Something will come up.

Honestly, he'd get shit for it, but his best move might not have been the immediate rematch. I mean, assuming he plans to continue his boxing career after his next bout.

I think it was more the rapper he had singing black everything put too much pressure on him

Meanwhile.... Fury.... is...

images

Carried to the ring.... Genius!

Probably come in at like 220.. But how does he stop Fury from coming forward and beating him up again?

Spend the fight playing defense, wait for openings and hope Fury tires himself out? It's about the only shot he has because if he let's Fury stay close he's just gonna get hammered again.

His issue was he was getting hit by a a 270 pound man.

I've heard excuses but this one is LOL embarrassing. Even if it was true, which I doubt, he should be embarrassed to tell the world that his 230pound self gassed out after carrying FORTY POUNDS LOL.

Wilder wins the rematch by KO.
Suit ruined the fight

I don't know what his issue was. He did seem gassed as fuck by round 3.
Constant forward pressure by Fury
Wilder committing to every right hand and either getting rolled off or missing entirely.
At the end of the second, fury landed hard as well as third beginning, making wilder commit even more to his hard shots.

any time wilder had the courage to step forward, Fury would step back , reset, and pressure again.

To be fair they showed Wilder pacing back and forth about 2 hours before his fight. He looked like a horse "walking the box", psychologically screwed up while Fury was sitting back relaxed. Wilder's legs are not going to be good if he did 2 hours of continuous walking before the fight, and maybe capping it off with a loaded carry made matters worse.

He still gets rocked and wrecked again. I'm with Andre, he should not take the rematch. Regroup and re-train then maybe rematch, maybe.

Wilder could win, if Fury goes off the rails and enters the ring in Ruiz II shape/mindset, that's really his only hope. Fury has never shit the bed like that though, seems to take a fight seriously.

I think he's making a big mistake here if he pursues the immediate rematch (third fight). He just got slapped around the ring Saturday night. I'm also not willing to spend $80 on the PPV just to see a mismatch play out. He shouldn't allow his pride to get in the way and do the smart thing by waiting to fight the winner of AJ-Fury.

He better train like man possessed, or Fury is gonna pound him like a sack of meat again. He cannot come in expecting things to go differently this time if he doesnt change things.

I'm guessing he wants one more payday before he retires. Make his millions and walk away to relax before his brain gets turned to tapioca.

Come on, the guy has pityful excuses, its true but he had a good run.
Its obvious he is doing that for regaining his momentum.
That being said, it wont be easy, fury seems ahead everywhere (and i was far from believing that before the fight).

It's forty pounds. That's half the weight of standard army gear. He's a 6 foot 7 pro athlete and he was wearing it for about ten minutes. Absolutely pathetic excuse.

All silly excuses put aside, immediate rematch after taking a beating isn’t the wisest move. Fury isn’t Andy Ruiz Jr. He won’t show up unprepared.

Training camp injury or not, there’s still a possibility he drops the immediate rematch if his people can talk him off of it.

better footwork to control the distance, Jab him coming in. Tie him up. Repeat.

So wearing a “40 pound costume” for a a short walk to the ring is the difference between victory and getting bloodied and dropped 2 times by punches that don’t hurt? Whatever, thanks for wasting everybody’s time with a third fight.

He's going to rush into this, and fight sloppier because of it. He's mentally done at this point.

So wearing a “40 pound costume” for a a short walk to the ring is the difference between victory and getting bloodied and dropped 2 times by punches that don’t hurt? Whatever, thanks for wasting everybody’s time with a third fight.
giphy.gif

Back