Wilder is exercising the rematch clause.

He gassed by stupidly coming in heavier and getting roughed up, this heavy costume is my new favourite shite excuse.

Makes Haye’s pinky toe look legit.

I really hope Wilder reconsiders taking this rematch immediately. The possibility of taking back to back KO losses could permanently damage his future potential.

He still has a great shot of beating AJ sometime next year or afterwards if that fight comes about.

I think it was more the rapper he had singing black everything put too much pressure on him

To be fair they showed Wilder pacing back and forth about 2 hours before his fight. He looked like a horse "walking the box", psychologically screwed up while Fury was sitting back relaxed. Wilder's legs are not going to be good if he did 2 hours of continuous walking before the fight, and maybe capping it off with a loaded carry made matters worse.

He still gets rocked and wrecked again. I'm with Andre, he should not take the rematch. Regroup and re-train then maybe rematch, maybe.

Wilder could win, if Fury goes off the rails and enters the ring in Ruiz II shape/mindset, that's really his only hope. Fury has never shit the bed like that though, seems to take a fight seriously.

There are fighters who walk through the night, rain, cold, through mountains, crossing half frozen rivers on Christmas eve...fighters win or they lose - and that's all that counts. Wilder should have sat down if walking was going to kill him. Tired of his weak excuses. I'm losing lots of respect for Wilder. I really liked him 14 months ago.

I get it, and kudos to him for not giving up on it, but this is disappointing for me as a fan. I'm ready for Joshua-Fury.

Wilder has gotten his ass beat for at least 15 out of 19 rounds by Fury, and arguably 17 of those rounds . In my experience as a fight fan that's more than enough of a sample size to know the outcome of a rubber match. Fury is clearly the superior boxer. Hell, he's beat Wilder with two completely different styles.

He's throwing up a prayer he can land one punch. Normally that's a noble gamble, but now not so much, because he has nothing to lose. It's just desperate.

If Wilder wants it, I get it. He's a warrior and has warriors pride.

The result will be the same unless he magically learns how to box or fight off the back foot.

if it’s true, he is an idiot. Self inflicted stupidity is not a justification.
Also, if it’s not true he’s an idiot. In summation... he’s an idiot.

His legs were fine in the first two rounds. Fury hitting him on the side, laying on him fuked up his legs. But who knows the costume was probably the start of the process

One thing nobody is taking about is that Goku wears weighted clothing and even trains at 100x gravity, and he managed to beat Vegeta, Frieza, and Kid Buu. I think Wilder is just full of shit tbh.

He better have his crew carry him out next fight. Maybe even carry him to the corner between rounds

So is he blaming black history month for losing a fight? Balls on this guy.

This is not a wise move, and unless big Gay Al wants to totally cash out on Deontay, he won't let this go ahead.

Oh, and he may want Wilder to stop giving interviews for a few weeks, 'cause he dumb as fuck.

Last edited:
who could buy that crap when the guy trained for this fight for nearly 3 months. 231 lbs of muscle. defeated by a costume
Real talk though, something was weird. He was stiff as a stone and looked gassed by the 3rd, even before the knock down

I get it, and kudos to him for not giving up on it, but this is disappointing for me as a fan. I'm ready for Joshua-Fury.

Wilder has gotten his ass beat for at least 15 out of 19 rounds by Fury, and arguably 17 of those rounds . In my experience as a fight fan that's more than enough of a sample size to know the outcome of a rubber match. Fury is clearly the superior boxer. Hell, he's beat Wilder with two completely different styles.

He's throwing up a prayer he can land one punch. Normally that's a noble gamble, but now not so much, because he has nothing to lose. It's just desperate.

Yeah this isn’t Canelo/Golovkin. Wilder has absolutely nothing for Fury outside of a landing a big punch - which admittedly he’s done twice. But he whacked Tyson a couple of times with his right hand this time around and Fury had adjusted to it and was rolling with it.

Tyson is the one of the two I expect to get better with more rounds. He’s a smart boxer, and he makes adjustments. Wilder is the one I expect to stay stagnant because he’s a one trick pony - an impressive trick but that’s it. Deontay missed his best shot, and unless Fury really checks out in the lead up to another fight, I don’t see it getting better for Wilder as time goes on.

Wilder can come back from this, he still murders most out there, but he'll need to get his confidence back, and going straight back in with Fury will be a career cash out. He should take some top 5 guys and then position himself for the AJ-Fury winner.

How the fuck are they supposed to market a third fight now? what is Wilder going to say in the build up? this has not been a close rivalry.

It'd be funny if Wilder actually won this time though, do they then have a 4th fight? and if Wilder somehow won that one too would they have a 5th as well on the basis that most thought Fury won the first?

Back