Wilder breaks hand per Malik Scott

Wilder said he has broken his wrist in the MX gloves previously but still wore them.
Honestly, how stupid can be be? It wasn't even like Fury coerced him into changing gloves, Wilder had this glove tampering thing in his mind the whole time and changed his gloves because of something that didn't happen.

I am not sure if this is thread worthy, but it came out that Wilder is getting surgery on his hand & will return in April or May, and most probably against a non contender. He apparently broke the bone behind his knuckle again, same basic place it sounds as (lol get this): the last time he wore horse hair gloves <Lmaoo> Breland may have thrown in the towel again, but he would atleast have told him to stick with the Powerlocks and drop the added muscle, and save Wilder surgery atleast.

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2021/10/deontay-wilder-needs-hand-surgery-will-fight-in-april-or-may/

I am not sure if this is thread worthy, but it came out that Wilder is getting surgery on his hand & will return in April or May, and most probably against a non contender. He apparently broke the bone behind his knuckle again, same basic place it sounds as (lol get this): the last time he wore horse hair gloves <Lmaoo> Breland may have thrown in the towel again, but he would atleast have told him to stick with the Powerlocks and drop the added muscle, and save Wilder surgery atleast.

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2021/10/deontay-wilder-needs-hand-surgery-will-fight-in-april-or-may/
Probably fight Ortiz again

up until about 5-10 years ago, i dont recall a fighter ever using the different types of glove as an excuse, or the fans of the fighters also

i think its a non event and fighters break hands and carry on fighting and win

I think that’s a bit optimistic!

If he doesn’t get in the mix and fight some contenders, he’s not gonna get another shot. As much as people like to moan about the current HW division, the days of Martin, stiverne snd glaskov getting shots at vacant belts are long gone, thankfully

up until about 5-10 years ago, i dont recall a fighter ever using the different types of glove as an excuse, or the fans of the fighters also

i think its a non event and fighters break hands and carry on fighting and win

I agree though gloves don’t all fit or feel the same. They’re like shoes imo, some feel comfortable, some don’t. However, it’s not gonna make much of a difference. And I’ve found all high end gloves I’ve used to fit and feel really good.

I think that’s a bit optimistic!

If he doesn’t get in the mix and fight some contenders, he’s not gonna get another shot. As much as people like to moan about the current HW division, the days of Martin, stiverne snd glaskov getting shots at vacant belts are long gone, thankfully
Fury should fight whyte and the looser face wilder but not sure if fury is going to take that fight let’s see.

Honestly, I would not mind seeing that again just as a measuring stick to see where he is after these Tyson fights. I remember when Cain got done with destroying JDS he was never the same. It was flat out bizarre how quickly he gassed in these past two fights that I wonder if he has mental problems, and wonder if he will show that vs another opponent or if it was just Fury being a bad match up.

Fury should fight whyte and the looser face wilder but not sure if fury is going to take that fight let’s see.

I’d like to see him fight any of the top guys other than Ortiz. Joshua, Ruiz, Whyte, Hunter, Joyce, hrgovic, any of those would be great. None of them will happen though

I’d like to see him fight any of the top guys other than Ortiz. Joshua, Ruiz, Whyte, Hunter, Joyce, hrgovic, any of those would be great. None of them will happen though
I would like seeing the AJ fight more than Tyson fighting AJ. Just from a stylistic standpoint, I think Wilder AJ would be LIT (or either end up like Dada v Kimbo), where as Tyson AJ would be a blow out.

Sadly, per his manager, it sounds like he is going to face a non contender in the spring. For his career that may be best - get confidence back, work on new things with a less risky opponent - but I think we would all rather see him vs a contender. Ruiz would also be a really fun match up, and Whyte and he would be incredible promotion and likely a barn burner tho I think wilder sleeps him.

I would like seeing the AJ fight more than Tyson fighting AJ. Just from a stylistic standpoint, I think Wilder AJ would be LIT (or either end up like Dada v Kimbo), where as Tyson AJ would be a blow out.

Sadly, per his manager, it sounds like he is going to face a non contender in the spring. For his career that may be best - get confidence back, work on new things with a less risky opponent - but I think we would all rather see him vs a contender. Ruiz would also be a really fun match up, and Whyte and he would be incredible promotion and likely a barn burner tho I think wilder sleeps him.

If they want to work on some new technique adjustments, it would be a positive sign from him. There's plenty of guys hanging around 10-15 in various rankings who are more than cans but he should be able to handle- he was a long reigning champ. They'd take the fight I'm sure.

Maybe Ruiz if he looks like crap in his next fight

Maybe Ruiz if he looks like crap in his next fight

well if he doesn’t get in the mix I don’t see him getting back in title contention. And that’s what I think is most likely

Back