Whyte Vs Ruiz Could Be in May

Imagine the same guy says he hates boxing politics when it prevents "his guy" getting a title shot

When it prevents another guy getting closer, to his shot, then it is to be applauded and it is called smart "boxing promoting"

Ortiz is a threat and whytte and his team knew it, shame, would have been a good fight. Ruiz vs Whyte would be quality aswel. I can see Dubois being another guy for the brits to get behind in a yr or 2, good prospect
I want Ortiz to take another top contender right now. No delays, as he cant afford it physically.

Sadly, for several reasons, hes not someone guys are going to line up to fight. And be it his promoters or Ortiz himself (I very much doubt it was Ortiz), they really fucked off the AJ offer.

If ruiz gets in shape I’d probably favour him in this fight. I like thIs match up.
Whyte beats Ortiz! He’s old and has a overblown reputation
Been saying for a long time Whyte/Ortiz is one of the best fights in the division. They would put on a show, and I think it legit could be a FOTY contender.

I too favor Whyte but I think he would have to fight his ass off. If you dont have that touch of death type of power and a chin (see Wilder/AJ), I dont give much of a chance to many beating him.

On the basis that wilder / Fury are only going to be fighting each other this year I would like to see Whyte / Ruiz / Ortiz all fight each other.

Assuming that Uysk fights chisora and then AJ and AJ takes care of both his mandatories.

Been saying for a long time Whyte/Ortiz is one of the best fights in the division. They would put on a show, and I think it legit could be a FOTY contender.

I too favor Whyte but I think he would have to fight his ass off. If you dont have that touch of death type of power and a chin (see Wilder/AJ), I dont give much of a chance to many beating him.

Unfortunately I don't see whyte/Ortiz ever happening. Neither guy needs the other tbh. It is a fight Id love to see as well

Ruiz vs whyte is cracking fight as well, as long as Ruiz isn’t too comfortable now. Rematch Ruiz gets ud’d by Whyte but if he comes in shape, I’d probably just about favour Ruiz
Really hope it happens. And if so fair play to both guys, especially Dillian for taking a tough fight as no 1 contender.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I don't see whyte/Ortiz ever happening. Neither guy needs the other tbh. It is a fight Id love to see as well

Ruiz vs whyte is cracking fight as well, as long as Ruiz isn’t too comfortable now. Rematch Ruiz gets ud’d by Whyte but if he comes in shape, I’d probably just about favour Ruiz
Really hope it happens. And if so fair play to both guys, especially Dillian for taking a tough fight as no 1 contender.
I really dont think much of Ruiz but the fight does make sense.

I really dont think much of Ruiz but the fight does make sense.

fair enough dude. tbf you were steadfast and spot on with your prediction of the rematch

Personally I think he can do everything well. I know that there are a lot of excuses for AJ in that first fight but the more I’ve seen it the more I’m impressed by Ruiz’s performance. had Joshua fought the same way in the rematch, even with the state the Ruiz was in, I think it would’ve been the same result. My main concern now is does Ruiz have the same hunger and desire. The fact that he’s an already fat dude, that gained another stone in weight for his first title defence, suggests he isn’t gonna be that fighter again?

I don’t think Whyte can knock him out, and I can see him standing and trading with him. I think Ruiz can beat anyone in the division that’s willing to play that game. I really hope it happens

Back