Whyte Vs Ruiz Could Be in May

Sounds like a good scrap.

Given where whyte ranks, especially with the WBC, he should be have had a title shot by now its as simple as that in my view.

I think a fight vs Ruiz will tell us a lot about both fighters

The 2nd Ortiz fight was a reasonable match up

there was a controversy surrounding round 7, where unlike Fury and all other wilder opponents, Wilder was battered by ortiz, and was hanging on, without throwing a punch back for 45 seconds.

I like Whyte, but he could have conceivably lost the 1st fight against Chisora, many on here hype him up too much.

So by this logic everyone that manages a half decent 45sec in a championship fight should get a rematch. Yeah that's fine if there is no body else to fight but there was plenty of others Wilder should have fought before Ortiz again....it was an easy option for him.

I actually forgot that Ortiz wanted to face Whyte, but instead Whyte rematched chisora!! If that was Wilder they would accuse him of ducking

Strange when Wilder rematched Ortiz instead of facing whyte, the usual suspects were out all over the forum, threatening to go on a hunger strike until whyte gets a title shot, talking about how whyte been no.1 contender for 60000 days, 2 hours and 28 minutes without a title shot

I actually forgot that Ortiz wanted to face Whyte, but instead Whyte rematched chisora!! If that was Wilder they would accuse him of ducking

Strange when Wilder rematched Ortiz instead of facing whyte, the usual suspects were out all over the forum, threatening to go on a hunger strike until whyte gets a title shot, talking about how whyte been no.1 contender for 60000 days, 2 hours and 28 minutes without a title shot
So you don't think that someone ranked as no1 for 800 days deserves a title shot within 3 years?

Post some proof that the fight was offered to Whyte. And not a fckin interview where he says he wants to fight this or that person! Because that clearly isn’t a offer. Please don’t tell me your taking Tyson furys post as gospel lol
No one is avoiding Ortiz. It’s nonsense.

Post some proof that the fight was offered to Whyte. And not a fckin interview where he says he wants to fight this or that person! Because that clearly isn’t a offer. Please don’t tell me your taking Tyson furys post as gospel lol
No one is avoiding Ortiz. It’s nonsense.

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/0...ecision-to-order-dillian-whyte-vs-luis-ortiz/

By Scott Gilfoid: Eddie Hearn says he plans on appealing the World Boxing Council’s decision to order a fight between #1 WBC Dillian Whyte and #3 Luis ‘King Kong’ Ortiz for the second mandatory position to get a title shot against WBC heavyweight champion Deontay ‘Bronze Bomber’ Wilder.

Hearn wants the WBC to install the 29-year-old Whyte (23-1, 17 KOs) as Wilder’s mandatory so that he can get a title shot straightaway rather than having to go through Ortiz (28-1, 24 KOs).
“We’re going to appeal that. [WBC president] Mauricio Sulaiman said he would talk about it this week, and maybe post a resolution,” Hearn said to skysports.com.

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/0...ecision-to-order-dillian-whyte-vs-luis-ortiz/

By Scott Gilfoid: Eddie Hearn says he plans on appealing the World Boxing Council’s decision to order a fight between #1 WBC Dillian Whyte and #3 Luis ‘King Kong’ Ortiz for the second mandatory position to get a title shot against WBC heavyweight champion Deontay ‘Bronze Bomber’ Wilder.

Hearn wants the WBC to install the 29-year-old Whyte (23-1, 17 KOs) as Wilder’s mandatory so that he can get a title shot straightaway rather than having to go through Ortiz (28-1, 24 KOs).
“We’re going to appeal that. [WBC president] Mauricio Sulaiman said he would talk about it this week, and maybe post a resolution,” Hearn said to skysports.com.
Right....If I had just defended my Sliver title and had been ranked no1 by that sanctioning body I would be wanting my title shot straight away and not have to fight someone who just lost to get it. Does that sound reasonable? Pure WBC BS as usual when it comes to Whyte.

Right....If I had just defended my Sliver title and had been ranked no1 by that sanctioning body I would be wanting my title shot straight away and not have to fight someone who just lost to get it. Does that sound reasonable? Pure WBC BS as usual when it comes to Whyte.

??????

Breazelae was the mandatory, that is higher than a no.1 contender. Whyte was 2nd in line, so there was no " title shot straightaway" for whyte to demand

??????

Breazelae was the mandatory, that is higher than a no.1 contender. Whyte was 2nd in line, so there was no " title shot straightaway" for whyte to demand
Yeah Breazeale was mandatory.....WBC logic for you

Did you even read the article you linked too

Good fight, if Ruiz is focused I seem him pulling it off

Guys

I dont know which was the better KO blow this reply... or Fury's Twitter post.

Whyte barely beat a washed up journeyman in his last fight

Iron chinned Ruiz will spark him out inside 4

So Ruiz loses 1 fight and is now considered a step below Ortiz? Whyte was in even worse shape for his last fight so it shouldnt be an issue. Also pretty sure Eddie has made the offer to Ortiz in the past and he turned it down.

Guys

I dont know which was the better KO blow this reply... or Fury's Twitter post.
Did you even read the article....it says whyte (and his promoter) as the number 1 contender and wbc silver champion who just defended that belt felt they should be made mandatory challenger for wilders belt and not have to fight the guy that wilder ko’d in his previous defence to get the chance.

Did you even read the article....it says whyte (and his promoter) as the number 1 contender and wbc silver champion who just defended that belt felt they should be made mandatory challenger for wilders belt and not have to fight the guy that wilder ko’d in his previous defence to get the chance.
Spin elsewhere. Yes I read it. It 100% proves @don't quote me! Is right. Hearn and Whyte turned down Ortiz.

Oh I get it. Its not turning down a fight if you dont think you should have to fight them.

Back