Why would Wilder turn down a 120 million dollar offer from Dazn

You should stop saying you are smarter than anyone.
-You can't even write a complete sentence. What you just wrote is at a 3rd grade level or lower.
- Its ok to make grammatical and spelling mistakes. We all do. However, you consistently insult people's Intelligence, but would get a F in any grade school English class for the jibberish you posted above. Please at least learn the difference between then & than or your & you're before you pat yourself on the back too hard for being a stable genius.
You’ve insulted your own intelligence ,you are oblivious if you think I actually need any leverage in doing it when you do all the work . I don’t know if you notice or not but you are the soccer ball on here not me , out smarting you isn’t exactly a thing to brag about because you have no idea what you are talking about so there’s nothing to gain off it . Lol

Last edited:
Search my post history on Deas and Finkel. I know full well who advises him and what their roles are. I mean, you just said it yourself, every fight they could possibly advise Wilder on must still be run by Haymon. Who is really the advisor in that situation? The guy that gets the final say (Haymon).
Your just talking in circles now . Haymon is not the advisor he is the boss , his fighters cannot fight anyone without his approval, it’s in his contracts . He cannot put himself as a manager because that is illegal so he has to put advisor .

Wilder has always worked with Shelly Finkel too.
Dibella over stepped his boundaries and was trying to make moves or give information without Wilder's consent it seems. Wilder is the boss.

It's funny, some of you guys complain about how terrible Wilder has been promoted and how unpopular he is.
Now hes the bad guy for getting rid of a promoter. Lmao. Logic
Wilder went to the meeting that Dibella set up , but you are claiming he thinks Dibella over stepped his boundaries, yea that makes perfect sense if your a Wilder fan ?

Another post of yours showing how NOT so smart you are ,and I’m only posting more because apparently I’m just insulting you ( which again you just did to yourself) ,and not responding about the topic you are discussing ? :rolleyes:

Well, tried to give you the chance.

Your just talking in circles now . Haymon is not the advisor he is the boss , his fighters cannot fight anyone without his approval, it’s in his contracts . He cannot put himself as a manager because that is illegal so he has to put advisor .
I already said that Haymon is much more than just an adviser behind the scenes. But, that's his official public position (as noted on BoxRec) aka formal title. You're repeating what I've already said previously. Al calls the shots and he always has with his PBC fighters. Finkel can provide his own input but the final executive decision goes to Al. If he doesn't want Wilder taking a fight at a certain time then he'll advise Wilder not to take it.

Idc if Wilder gets knocked out cold within 30 seconds of the Fury trilogy, Wilder vs AJ is still a MUST see for me, I just don’t want to imagine this era of HW boxing ending without the both of them having fought each other.

Idc if Wilder gets knocked out cold within 30 seconds of the Fury trilogy, Wilder vs AJ is still a MUST see for me, I just don’t want to imagine this era of HW boxing ending without the both of them having fought each other.
Yeah the same for me. The HW fight I am most interested in seeing is AJ vs Wilder. The two biggest hitters in the sport going at it. Both have bad losses now as well.

for the Joshua fight... to this day, i don't understand it...the human psychology of it

would of been the biggest pay day of his career. Now he probably won't ever get a shot like that again

I don’t know if you (or many) know this but DAZN's mega contract offers are 50-50 offers. 50% cash the rest in DAZN stock cashable at 2-3 years, with riders. With some it’s even less.
Only Canelo has a higher / nearly all in cash offer though. And of course, the small potato fighters / one timers get the whole thing in cash.

So that 100 million is actually more like 50 mill over 3 fights.
It’s only a good deal if you believe DAZN gonna grow like they hope.
Not so good if you believe it’s unsustainable.

Wilder probably thought if he’s had to bet on someone making good money, he’d rather bet on himself.
If this fight with Fury had worked out, he’d be sitting pretty at 50/50 with Joshua, making a easy 35-50 mill of just that one fight. Rematches and subsequent fights extra.
That with the Ortiz and Fury 1 fights meant he did the right thing with the way things were at the time. Actually it’s not even about "the right" thing. He had two options, two ways to go about it. One is up front safe but could leave money on the table. The other is a bit less guaranteed but more upside.
BOTH have one major unknown factor that could derail it. If DAZN collapses, the first one is gone and if he loses big then the second option, the Joshua fight, is gone.
He bet on himself and probably because that is something he could control. Just go n knockout the guy in front of you.

It didn’t work out unfortunately but you can’t fault him for trying.

He still made out ok.

Last edited:
I don’t know if you (or many) know this but DAZN's mega contract offers are 50-50 offers. 50% cash the rest in DAZN stock cashable at 2-3 years, with riders. With some it’s even less.
Only Canelo has a higher / nearly all in cash offer though. And of course, the small potato fighters get the whole thing.

Wilder probably thought if he’s had to bet on someone made good money, he’d rather bet on himself.
If this fight with Fury had worked out, he’d be sitting pretty at 50/50 with Joshua, making a easy 35-50 mill of just that one fight. Rematches and subsequent fights extra.
That with the Ortiz and Fury 1 fights meant he did the right thing with the way things were at the time. Actually it’s not even about "the right" thing. He had two options, two ways to go about it. One is up front safe but could leave money on the table. The other is a bit less guaranteed but more upside.
BOTH have one major unknown factor that could derail it. If DAZN collapses, the first one is gone and if he loses big then the Joshua fight is gone.
He bet on himself and probably because that is something he could control. Just go n knockout the guy in front of you.

He still made out ok.

That's very interesting and if true it makes much more sense as to why Wilder would be reluctant to take that deal BUT why has this not come up before? Why hasn't Wilder mentioned once this is what put him off the DAZN deal? And what's your source for claiming this is what DAZN offered him? Incidentally my friend works for DAZN and he reckons they've got enough funding to last.

Only Canelo has a higher / nearly all in cash offer though. And of course, the small potato fighters get the whole thing.

Wilder probably thought if he’s had to bet on someone made good money, he’d rather bet on himself.
BOTH have one major unknown factor that could derail it. If DAZN collapses, the first one is gone and if he loses big then the Joshua fight is gone.

He still made out ok.
Exactly!!!! Great Post
This is exactly what I mean about people talking about money and COMPLEX contracts without seeing the contract 1st hand. Or having any contractual, legal, and or financial background.
Eddie Hearn saying a random round # is not a contract. Its marketing & promoting. Not proof.

That's very interesting and if true it makes much more sense as to why Wilder would be reluctant to take that deal BUT why has this not come up before? Why hasn't Wilder mentioned once this is what put him off the DAZN deal? And what's your source for claiming this is what DAZN offered him? Incidentally my friend works for DAZN and he reckons they've got enough funding to last.
It has. They said at length the contract wasn't the same flat rate they kept baiting to the media.
I've posted dozens of times that we cant comment on it because we dont know the details like this.
Ussually if you have hopes of working with somebody in the future you keep the specifics under wrap. Maybe they wanted that option in the future if Dazn blew up but it wasn't worth it at the time.

It has. They said at length the contract wasn't the same flat rate they kept baiting to the media.
I've posted dozens of times that we cant comment on it because we dont know the details like this.
Ussually if you have hopes of working with somebody in the future you keep the specifics under wrap. Maybe they wanted that option in the future if Dazn blew up but it wasn't worth it at the time.
I just find it odd that they didn't reveal this because when AJ got the fake $50 million offer from Wilder's team they were pretty quick to identify that it would require AJ to not fight on Sky Sports to which he is contractually obligated. And Wilder has a habit of not revealing stuff. His recent claim that he wasn't himself going into the Fury fight but then giving no details on what was wrong. Maybe it's just the culture of Wilder and his team to not be open about stuff.

I just find it odd that they didn't reveal this because when AJ got the fake $50 million offer from Wilder's team they were pretty quick to identify that it would require AJ to not fight on Sky Sports to which he is contractually obligated. And Wilder has a habit of not revealing stuff. His recent claim that he wasn't himself going into the Fury fight but then giving no details on what was wrong. Maybe it's just the culture of Wilder and his team to not be open about stuff.
Yes its smart buisness to keep a poker face I think.

Back