Why would Wilder turn down a 120 million dollar offer from Dazn

the last sentence just makes me want to tell you to shut the fuck up and scram. i wouldn’t do that obviously, but that was definitely an inclination.
Why, would a factual sentence trigger such a childish response or feelings from you?

what do you mean by worth

1 guy had unified 3 of the 4 belts, beat champions, selling out huge stadiums and earning 10s of millions each fight.

The other guy has fought only cans and average HWs, struggles to fill small venues, no ppv draw, earning about 10% of what Joshua was earning each fight. Of course he wasn’t worth parity in the purse or the fight conditions as he’d done little to make a name for himself by that point. He’d taken on no one until Ortiz, and was holding that wbc hostage from guys that actually deserved a shot at his title

If he’d have beaten fury he would’ve absolutely had parity in they terms. But it was initially a cherry pick gone wrong and he ended up paying for that.

1 guy had unified 3 of the 4 belts, beat champions, selling out huge stadiums and earning 10s of millions each fight.

The other guy has fought only cans and average HWs, struggles to fill small venues, no ppv draw, earning about 10% of what Joshua was earning each fight. Of course he wasn’t worth parity in the purse or the fight conditions as he’d done little to make a name for himself by that point. He’d taken on no one until Ortiz, and was holding that wbc hostage from guys that actually deserved a shot at his title

If he’d have beaten fury he would’ve absolutely had parity in they terms. But it was initially a cherry pick gone wrong and he ended up paying for that.
if he has a 10th of the popularity of Joshua, how does beating Fury give Wilder parity in a contract with AJ? Does he become 10x the draw from that, or is he 10x more proven off the strength of that hypothetical performance? what?

This isnt related to anything really but just an observation, its pretty insane to think AJ is on the outside looking in as these two have it out.

Boxing is a wild world.

So now it's not just about the excuses... it's about the money too....see how you keep adding to it? That's called moving a goal post. Thats how you known it's not fair critique or a real standard.

It is entirely about the excuses and how vocal Wilder has been since his humbling, someone mentioned about fighters making really bad excuses and how they have came back before.

I then asked how many who earnt the amount Wilder did have managed that, and i'm yet to hear back.

I'm not moving any goalposts, i expected(as did most) Wilder to win the rematch easily, especially concsidering the amount of credit he got for his wins against Breazeale and Ortiz(which i think only his die hard fans were super enthused over), but i got on board and expected a lot more than a pathetic showing followed by possibly the most pathetic excuse ever.

At no point in this discussion have i said he wasnt any good, or he didnt have any good wins, i was merely pointing out that i think that Wilder has had enough, and has enough money to not have to even try again(Haye is a great example of a fighter at the very top fighting a big fight and making a stupid excuse, and never ever winning a meaningful fight again).

This isnt related to anything really but just an observation, its pretty insane to think AJ is on the outside looking in as these two have it out.

Boxing is a wild world.
AJ could just get by on fighting the Pulevs and the Povetkins of this world and he'd still earn a fortune. If Wilder loses again he's got a big hill to climb to get big pay days again.

should've taken it. hes one loss away from fading into Bolivia

AJ could just get by on fighting the Pulevs and the Povetkins of this world and he'd still earn a fortune. If Wilder loses again he's got a big hill to climb to get big pay days again.
Of course. AJ is still the bigger draw and earner, and will be. Im just speaking about getting to fight the best.

Hes the most deserving of it and is, at the moment, the odd man out.

Of course. AJ is still the bigger draw and earner, and will be. Im just speaking about getting to fight the best.

Hes the most deserving of it and is, at the moment, the odd man out.
It won't be for long though. If Fury gets by Wilder, he'll want to really cash in and he'll fight Joshua which will be one of the biggest fights in HW history.

It won't be for long though. If Fury gets by Wilder, he'll want to really cash in and he'll fight Joshua which will be one of the biggest fights in HW history.
Realistically puts that at the beginning of next year. And wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if Fury walked away after either.

Just a weird/unique situation is all.

It is entirely about the excuses and how vocal Wilder has been since his humbling, someone mentioned about fighters making really bad excuses and how they have came back before.

I then asked how many who earnt the amount Wilder did have managed that, and i'm yet to hear back.

I'm not moving any goalposts, i expected(as did most) Wilder to win the rematch easily, especially concsidering the amount of credit he got for his wins against Breazeale and Ortiz(which i think only his die hard fans were super enthused over), but i got on board and expected a lot more than a pathetic showing followed by possibly the most pathetic excuse ever.

At no point in this discussion have i said he wasnt any good, or he didnt have any good wins, i was merely pointing out that i think that Wilder has had enough, and has enough money to not have to even try again(Haye is a great example of a fighter at the very top fighting a big fight and making a stupid excuse, and never ever winning a meaningful fight again).

Wilder has or had about 5 advisers wheather they manage or promote or advise him from Dibella to Haymon and a few guys in between even trainers ? Lol

No one knows what Wilders actual financial situation is because he answers to several guys who are in his pockets in some form or other that’s a fact and he’s not really that smart , far smarter and richer fighters have gone bankrupt it’s what usually happens to most with big egos and or not fully grounded to reality ,in his case he suffers from both so I wouldn’t assume Wilder is SET for life .

I guess he will run out of money and fast because his management combined has to be making more then he takes and no one who knows boxing believes he is getting paid what a heavyweight champion should have been ,he made out on the Breazeale fight because they had to match that offer and mark my words the champion lifestyle is not cheap no matter what is said or how he says he doesn’t over spend on anything .

Last edited:
AJ doesn’t accept a 50m Instagram offer = duck.

Wilder doesn’t accept a 100m offer with contracts and all that silly stuff = good for him.

This really is the difference between logical and illogical people . Lol

I’ve even seen many Wilder club boys saying Fury was ducking him in the rematch ? Only in boxing can you get these types of people ,I’ve never seen such absurd views in my life when it comes to Wilder ,he’s basically set a new standard for not just being delusional himself but conjuring up an entire fan base that’s other worldly when it comes to being oblivious.

Realistically puts that at the beginning of next year. And wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if Fury walked away after either.

Probably even later than that, I'd say. There's 4 fights that must happen, with 2 for each guy. AJ has to defend his IBF and then WBO, Fury has to rematch Wilder and then defend his WBC.

I hope Fury doesn't walk away, as I think he'd beat Joshua but I'd still much rather watch Wilder vs Joshua. Someone is getting knocked out in that fight.

I hope Fury doesn't walk away, as I think he'd beat Joshua but I'd still much rather watch Wilder vs Joshua. Someone is getting knocked out in that fight.
Itll be pretty comical if Wilder turns this into a stalemate. He is one punch away. Not that I expect it, but I wont write it off either.

Itll be pretty comical if Wilder turns this into a stalemate. He is one punch away. Not that I expect it, but I wont write it off either.
Don't tempt fate, Hearn Sr. isnt well you know.

Wilder has or had about 5 advisers wheather they manage or promote or advise him from Dibella to Haymon and a few guys in between even trainers ? Lol
He has one formal advisor, Al Haymon. All the others are Haymon's yes-men. And when they don't say and do what he expects of them then he nixes them like he did to DiBella (despite him being Wilder's promoter).

Back