Why would an MMA fan dislike Fedor?

valid criticism against fedor = haters + ufc fanboys

but

nuthugging and making different narratives each year about Fedor = not fanboying.

I think you see the difference there, obviously fans of Fedor are going to stick up for him the same way fans of GSP, BJ, etc will stick up for them.

The difference I would say is that you have a different level of criticism aimed at him because he's the GOAT contender who doesn't fit in with the UFC hype alot of people have attached their ego to.

I'm sure the reddit-inflected element here would turn on him if they realized the anti-:eek::eek::eek: baggage that comes with his eastern orthodox Christianity.

Very small penises that don't get played with by the desired sex.

It's the primary force behind most internet edgelording, and Fedor-bashing is no different.

The main problem is that their is no respect for the history of MMA, mainly because it is rather new.

People who hate Fedor, are the morons who call donald cerrone a legend LOL

it's always the loud minority. the vast majority of mma fans and fighters think very highly of Fedor.
don't let the looneys confiscate the conversation.

It's probably newer fans who don't understand or care to understand the context of the sport.

Fedor was demolishing the best heavyweights in the world when the heavyweight division actually had substance.

New fans come in and see a dried up version of Nog, or a dead slow CroCop and assume those are the guys he beat.

you're literally proving his point. fedor fans like you literally can't take criticism.

Literally.

And that was a statement about blindly believing Fedor's management was the only reason for him not competing in the UFC. Each side wanted different things they weren't willing to give up. No one really should have ever expected a deal would be reached. UFC fanboys just see one side of it.

The type of people that don’t like Fedor are usually the sort that end comments with things like LOL.
Also it plays with their heads that as much shit they throw at him he genuinely doesn’t give two hoots or even acknowledge they exist.

First off, I don't mean if you think he is goat or a can crusher. That is a different debate. You can still like a can crusher. I don't get the actual dislike for the guy though. He has never said a god damn word so it can't be his thoughts. He always brings the fight and he has a just bleed type style a lot of times. His fights are always exciting, even in old age. He has never acted like a bitch or whined about shit. I cannot honestly think of one single reason why any mma fan would dislike the guy. Can anyone, especially the guys that don't like him, explain?
I do not think anybody personally dislikes Fedor like u mentioned he has never given any reason to be disliked to the MMA fans, its just that some of his fans are obnoxious and people want to get back at them.

The type of people that don’t like Fedor are usually the sort that end comments with things like LOL.
Also it plays with their heads that as much shit they throw at him he genuinely doesn’t give two hoots or even acknowledge they exist.
That’s true lol

I don’t dislike him at all. I respect everything he accomplished. However unfortunately when you talk to his fans, if you don’t bow down to him as the greatest thing since sliced bread they basically say you are a hater. I think he is top five, maybe even top three all-time. But I don’t agree that he is some undisputed greatest of all time. I don’t think his resume speaks to that. But of course he is on the mount Rushmore. Absolutely.
This. No one hates Fedor. He was great. Doesn't mean he was the greatest.

Maybe because they weren't around during his run and TUF was their gateway to the sport or god forbid, ronda/conor for the WME era kids. They can't partake to the experience so they try to bring him down.
When Tuf cam
Fedor will be remembered as the greatest MMA heavyweight of all time, and rightfully should be..

its tough though because while still in his prime he lost to Werdum and then got destroyed by Bigfoot. He also then got ko’d by a middleweight. I think he’s great but goat...

He and Gegard are special, they never celebrate their victory. They get up, walk off like their 1027354th sparring session. They are the definition of HUMBLE.

I have always liked Fedor. Shame we didn't see him in the UFC, but he's still top 3 all time in my book.
It seems to me that most hate directed at fighters is more hate of said fighters fans.
For me Conor is a perfect example. The dolly shit was inexcusable, but I like him as a fighter. It's the majority of his fans that make him so hated.

Nothing wrong with Fedor.

A significant bunch of his fans are utter japseyes though, so I want him to lose by default just to annoy them.

Its like disliking the world and who created it. Thats your fault,not mine. Not Fedor's

Question - Before those three big losses, was anybody really talking about Fedor being "past his prime" at age 34? Most fighters, particularly heavyweights, peak in their early-to-mid-30s, and Fedor had pulled off Sumission of the Year (2008) and KO of the Year (2009) against former UFC champs in the two years prior. It comes across as revisionist and apologist.
LOL are you serious? Was that a joke of a question?

Sigh.....

ok, I'll stop being an asshole and answer your question. Fuck. Yes. Many people(the ones that actually followed his career as it happened) pointed out that he was past his prime.

IT WAS OBVIOUS.

His physique changed. His training changed. He stopped even lifting weights. Even his entire mentality changed. He went from saying "every opponent is trying to take food out of my family's mouth. They must be eliminated" to "its god's will."

He became ultra religious. Stopped training with the fire needed to stay at the top. Got into politics and other endeavors, etc.

Again, it. was. obvious.

Not to mention HE STARTED FIGHTING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. In stead of being a tactical assassin using brilliant use of sweeps, throws, feints, traps etc, he became almost purely a headhunter. Looking for the big KO punch. A perfect crystal clear example of this is the Arlovski fight. Immediately after that fight, there were many people on here talking about how Fedor is continuing to decline and will likely lose soon.

I mean are you people serious? You really think its "abnormal" or "bullshit" that a man falls out of his prime after 10 FULL YEARS and 30 FIGHTS UNBEATEN, while also at the same exact time dominating combat sambo FOR TEN YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AT THE SAME TIME!!!!

DO YOU HAVE ANY FUCKING IDEA HOW MUCH FIGHT MILEAGE THAT IS????????

Age is only part of the equation. Fight mileage is nearly just as significant. As well as motivation/focus.

I swear to fuck half of you dont even watch fights and have never competed in a sport in your life.

No offense. Sorry. Needs to be said though.

edit: sorry dude, I kind of unloaded on you. I need to consider the likelyhood that you and many others that talk about the man didnt actually watch him fight live while his career unfolded. So if you were asking seriously, I apologize but a lot of people on here need this reality pounded into their head.

Revisionist and apologist though, lmao. Trying to even act like he was in his peak/prime when he went on his losing skid is the real revisionist history.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back