Why would an MMA fan dislike Fedor?

While I respect everything that he did outside the UFC. To me his reasons for not competing in the UFC are not particularly credible. He basically listened to his stupid management. He had high profile, huge fights lined up. He didn’t take them because he listen to the wrong people.

<36>

Ok Dana.

Do you have something intelligent to add to the conversation or are you just here to post GIFs? I respect what he did. I think his top three. But to even suggest he should not have fought in the UFC. Idiotic. They spent years chasing him down. He was offered all kinds of contracts.

It’s the same way people ironically defend Jon. It’s going against the grain for comedy and the sake of likes.

Do you have something intelligent to add to the conversation or are you just here to post GIFs? I respect what he did. I think his top three. But to even suggest he should not have fought in the UFC. Idiotic. They spent years chasing him down. He was offered all kinds of contracts.

Don't get upset and lash out. If you want to be Dana that's up to you.

If the randleman fight where Fedor got dropped on his head,
Sure but the contracts didn't validate what he was looking for. And it don't matter anyhow. Do ya like the guy or not?

If the randleman fight where Fedor got dropped on his head,

Sure but the contracts didn't validate what he was looking for. And it don't matter anyhow. Do ya like the guy or not?

What he should have been looking for was big-name opponents to finish up his career. But that’s not what happened. At least not in the highest profile company. Why did all of the high profile guys in his former company sign? Why didn’t he? What he was too good for them?

I don’t dislike him at all. I respect everything he accomplished. However unfortunately when you talk to his fans, if you don’t bow down to him as the greatest thing since sliced bread they basically say you are a hater. I think he is top five, maybe even top three all-time. But I don’t agree that he is some undisputed greatest of all time. I don’t think his resume speaks to that. But of course he is on the mount Rushmore. Absolutely.

Pretty much this, the way people act like you're some clueless casual noob if you don't worship the ground Fedor walks on.

Last edited:
A big reason why his fans get so rabid and defensive is due to the astonishing amount of retards on here that probably didnt even see the man fight live, going on about 'HURRR DURRR HE LOST 2 A MIDDLEWEIGHT!!!!! HUR DURRRR HE LOST 3 IN A ROW IN HIS PRIME!!! DUCKED TEH UFC!!!"

when its clear to anyone with a well functioning brain and an IQ higher than 80 that A) he was not in his fighting prime and B) he beat like 5 or 6 UFC champions C) had plenty of reasons not to fight in the UFC

Question - Before those three big losses, was anybody really talking about Fedor being "past his prime" at age 34? Most fighters, particularly heavyweights, peak in their early-to-mid-30s, and Fedor had pulled off Sumission of the Year (2008) and KO of the Year (2009) against former UFC champs in the two years prior. It comes across as revisionist and apologist.

Fedor is a humble guy that goes in and destroys dudes without ever changing his expression during the fight. No trash talk needed just very respectful. Maybe that’s the problem people need fighters to mouth off to either love or hate them.

People think competing in the ufc is the only thing that matters when they’ve only been the top org for about 10 years. MMA has been around a fairly long time and the era of the HWs didn’t line up with that time frame.

Fans are on the constant search for who is the GOAT after pretty much every major fight card.
Those talks are always up for discussion in all sports not just combat. People need to leave it alone and just start appreciating what these fighters are doing. If they don’t their disdain for these fighters will blind them from realizing how great some of these guys truly are.

For example I personally can’t stand Jones but I freely admit he belongs in the discussion as one of the greats PED use or not.

The only people who dislike Fedor are contrarian morons. They think they are cool for having a ludicrous opinion. They don’t deserve attention.

Basically that's what it comes down to, brand fanboyism.

The UFC has always tended to market itself like the WWE were the fans are drawn in on hype of the whole org.
valid criticism against fedor = haters + ufc fanboys

but

nuthugging and making different narratives each year about Fedor = not fanboying.

Mostly newbies dislike Fedor. They never saw him fight when he was in his prime when he was often smaller but still kicking the shit out of everyone in front of him. They think he always was that fat and soft 40yo guy. Fuck them

Back