Why would an MMA fan dislike Fedor?

Maybe because they weren't around during his run and TUF was their gateway to the sport or god forbid, ronda/conor for the WME era kids. They can't partake to the experience so they try to bring him down.

THIS is exactly why.

While I respect everything that he did outside the UFC. To me his reasons for not competing in the UFC are not particularly credible. He basically listened to his stupid management. He had high profile, huge fights lined up. He didn’t take them because he listen to the wrong people.

Fedor didn't come to the UFC after PRIDE. Instead he fought Tim Sylvia.

B6nLqJCCQAMfvT7.jpg

LankyBabyishDogwoodclubgall.gif

After that, Fedor fought Andrei Arlovski(the # 2 ranked HW in the World)...

e240b6ae70dd7a9bf0cc804a0fd14b1a.jpg

These were the ranking at that time(January 2009). You will notice that the top 3 ranked HW's at that time fought in Affliction.

Fighter Points Promotion Last Rank
1. Fedor Emelianenko 573 Affliction/M-1 1
2. Andrei Arlovski 531 Affliction 3
3. Josh Barnett 509 Affliction/WVR 4
4. Antonio Rodrigo Noguiera 489 UFC 2
5. Frank Mir 473 UFC 10
6. Brock Lesnar 447 UFC 7
7. Randy Couture 435 UFC 5
8. Tim Sylvia 390 Affliction/Adrenaline 6
9. Gabriel Gonzaga 310 UFC 8
10. Alistair Overeem 272 DREAM 11
11. Fabricio Werdum 247 Unsigned 9
12. Ben Rothwell 193 Affliction/Adrenaline
13. Cheick Kongo 164 UFC 16
14. Mirko Filipovic 163 DREAM 12
15. Aleksander Emelianenko 160 M-1 14
16. Sergei Kharitonov 158 DREAM 15
17. Junior dos Santos 146 UFC 17
18. Antonio Silva 121 WVR 20
19. Cain Velasquez 119 UFC 21
20. Roy Nelson 118 Affliction 18

vfec8l.gif

2rztg7b.jpg

Then he went to Strikeforce. This was their HW division at that time.

SF_GP_bracket_complete.jpg

The winner of that Grand Prix, is the current UFC HW Champion!!

144851753.jpg

20120519_kkt_st3_017.jpg

His main rival(Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira) in PRIDE, went on to the UFC.

s-l300.jpg
s-l300.jpg

Nogueira lost to Frank Mir...

Screen-Shot-2018-05-19-at-5.12.38-PM.png

giphy.gif

Cain Velasquez(considered by many to be the best HW in UFC history) had to beat Nogueira before he got a UFC Title shot.

velasquez-bignog.jpg

After he won the belt, Cain fought Antonio Silva twice, in his next 5 fights.

135_Cain_Velasquez_and_Antonio_Silva.jpg

SivaVVelasquez2.jpg

Before loosing the belt to Fabricio Werdum @ UFC 188.

Werdum lost the belt to Stipe Miocic.

IYB6XVb.gif

Miocic first defended the belt, by fighting Alistair Overeem.

Alistair-Overeem-gets-FINISHED-by-GNP-vs-Stipe-Miocic-R1-.gif

Miocic finally lost the belt to Daniel Cormier. Who is the current UFC Champion.

GIF-UFG.gif

b4f5eebc2cfb80e49dae3b6485ba6703

So instead of coming to the UFC, Fedor went and fought two former UFC Champions, and then went to SF. The SF HW division was far superior to the UFC's at the time. The bracket that Fedor fought in, produced 2 UFC HW Champions(1 being the current one), and two guys who challenged for the Title.

"To me his reasons for not competing in the UFC are not particularly credible."

Fedor's last fight in PRIDE, was vs Mark Hunt, at the very end of 2006. 8 years later, Hunt would challenge Werdum for the UFC HW Championship(Interim).

These were the HW rankings, at the beginning of 2007. So who exactly was Fedor ducking by not coming to the UFC???

Heavyweight Top Ten
Heavyweight Top Ten for January, 2007:

1.. Fedor Emelianenko

2.. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

3.. Mirko “CroCop” Filipovic

4.. Josh Barnett

5.. Fabrico Werdum

6.. Andrei Arlovoski

7.. Tim Sylvia

8.. Aleksander Emelianenko

9.. Mark Hunt

10. Sergei Kharitonov

Last edited:
First off, I don't mean if you think he is goat or a can crusher. That is a different debate. You can still like a can crusher. I don't get the actual dislike for the guy though. He has never said a god damn word so it can't be his thoughts. He always brings the fight and he has a just bleed type style a lot of times. His fights are always exciting, even in old age. He has never acted like a bitch or whined about shit. I cannot honestly think of one single reason why any mma fan would dislike the guy. Can anyone, especially the guys that don't like him, explain?

Because some people are more concerned with what other people think than that they are concerned about the sport itself.

because there are people that are ufc fanatics, and they dont think. if not ufc, is not.

First off, I don't mean if you think he is goat or a can crusher. That is a different debate. You can still like a can crusher. I don't get the actual dislike for the guy though. He has never said a god damn word so it can't be his thoughts. He always brings the fight and he has a just bleed type style a lot of times. His fights are always exciting, even in old age. He has never acted like a bitch or whined about shit. I cannot honestly think of one single reason why any mma fan would dislike the guy. Can anyone, especially the guys that don't like him, explain?
maybe because you're asking such a stupid question in the first place....!?!

His fans are kinda like bruce lee fans who believe bruce lee would beat current modern mma champions lmfao

Back