Why wasn't Jones disqualified for the head slam attempts on Belfort?

jon jones needs to fight jake paul. let him go full TRT and take illegal supplements as well. i wanna see what jon jones can really do. we've only seen a jon jones who cycles. imagine jones with no restrictions. BKFL here he comes.
Jake Paul vs Tenshin

Pure BJJ is more about patience, and waiting for mistakes to happen. Most people now are cross training wrestling, sambo, judo, submission wrestling, etc so grappling overall is different. It's become more explosive, with scrambling, faster transitions, and explosive submission attempts. Like you'll see more people jumping on to the back and getting the hooks in while in the air during transitions currently than you would back then. That's some of the examples of the speed of grappling and explosiveness being added to it. Before it would go in steps in order to take the back and get your hooks in. Now steps are being skipped and they will just jump on the back during scrambles and transitions. There are a lot of other examples, but that's one of the easiest ones to point out.

Drawbacks probably would just be rushing into submissions and you may not always get it and could leave you in an un-advantageous position, but that's also where the scrambling also comes in to play. I think it strengthens grappling overall. Since the slower paced grapplers would get out scrambled before and now they're working on scrambling as well as their techniques and submissions. This is why pure bjj has had problems with wrestlers in the past.

What do the slower paced grapplers rely on to stay afloat? Athleticism is such a huge factor in all combat sports besides BJJ where it seems to be optional.

A normal person would have got f*cked up

He's on TV fighting Jones for a reason:)

It's a shame Belfort didn't pull it off so we could have been spared all of Jones nonsense that followed. His confidence would have dropped big time if he lost this one.

What do the slower paced grapplers rely on to stay afloat? Athleticism is such a huge factor in all combat sports besides BJJ where it seems to be optional.
Superior technique. But yes athleticism is important and sometimes is able to beat superior technique. That's why more grapplers are noticing that and also working on their athleticism and explosiveness.

I thought if there is a sub attempt you can.. that’s why Jessica andrade was allowed to brain buster DDT rose n not get DQed… cause rose went for an arm bar.

has anybody ever been DQed for a head spike tho? It seems like every time it happens no foul is ever called. Whenever somebody get head slammed KOed they always have some reason why it was fair game such as “they went for a sub” or “ it wasn’t intentional thus no foul”

every damn slam KO in mma history was pretty much a head spike. U ain’t getting KOed by a body hit first kinda slam… considering it’s the same canvas as dubya dubya wrestling made to get super plexed from 10 feet n be completely uninjured

Superior technique. But yes athleticism is important and sometimes is able to beat superior technique. That's why more grapplers are noticing that and also working on their athleticism and explosiveness.

While I have you on the hook I might as well ask.... Is the battery of techniques you learn in sport BJJ guard enough to defend against ground and pound on the streets, or do you need special training to know what to do there?

By the time Jon is freed from his contract (if he ever is), the Jake hype will be gone. Even if it isn't, the fight would be boring af.
ride out his contract, got to bare knuckle fight league and take whatever supplement you want like chris leben is. i want to see an unrestricted jon jones.

6. Spiking the opponent to the canvas onto the head or neck (pile-driving):
A pile driver is considered to be any throw where you control your opponent's body placing his feet towards the sky with his head straight down and then forcibly drive your opponents head into the canvas or flooring material. It should be noted when a fighter is placed into a submission hold by their opponent, if that fighter is capable of elevating their opponent they may bring that opponent down in any fashion they desire because they are not in control of their opponent’s body. The fighter who is attempting the submission can either adjust their position, or let go of their hold before being slammed to the canvas.

https://www.abcboxing.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/unified_rules_fouls_rev0816.pdf

<seedat>

<JonesLaugh>

Thank you, as dirty as he is, and as much as I dislike Jones. This was a rare moment where he did nothing wrong.

I wonder if Belfort was holding back at all or if he was legit cranking for a break.

Back