Why wasn't Jones disqualified for the head slam attempts on Belfort?

I saw one attempt and it didn't look like he spiked him on top of his head (granted I'm not actually sure that is the rule).

jon jones needs to fight jake paul. let him go full TRT and take illegal supplements as well. i wanna see what jon jones can really do. we've only seen a jon jones who cycles. imagine jones with no restrictions. BKFL here he comes.

jon jones needs to fight jake paul. let him go full TRT and take illegal supplements as well. i wanna see what jon jones can really do. we've only seen a jon jones who cycles. imagine jones with no restrictions. BKFL here he comes.
By the time Jon is freed from his contract (if he ever is), the Jake hype will be gone. Even if it isn't, the fight would be boring af.

6. Spiking the opponent to the canvas onto the head or neck (pile-driving):
A pile driver is considered to be any throw where you control your opponent's body placing his feet towards the sky with his head straight down and then forcibly drive your opponents head into the canvas or flooring material. It should be noted when a fighter is placed into a submission hold by their opponent, if that fighter is capable of elevating their opponent they may bring that opponent down in any fashion they desire because they are not in control of their opponent’s body. The fighter who is attempting the submission can either adjust their position, or let go of their hold before being slammed to the canvas.

https://www.abcboxing.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/unified_rules_fouls_rev0816.pdf

<seedat>

<JonesLaugh>

6. Spiking the opponent to the canvas onto the head or neck (pile-driving):
A pile driver is considered to be any throw where you control your opponent's body placing his feet towards the sky with his head straight down and then forcibly drive your opponents head into the canvas or flooring material. It should be noted when a fighter is placed into a submission hold by their opponent, if that fighter is capable of elevating their opponent they may bring that opponent down in any fashion they desire because they are not in control of their opponent’s body. The fighter who is attempting the submission can either adjust their position, or let go of their hold before being slammed to the canvas.

https://www.abcboxing.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/unified_rules_fouls_rev0816.pdf

<seedat>

<JonesLaugh>

Aha good call then

He was defending and escaping the arm bar you dummy, if you have ever trained BJJ and been arm barred, then you would no what its like when you have a save hanging off your arm.

You have to shake them off, and chances are they are going to hit the floor.

Don't like it? Let go of the arm, otherwise STFU

Back