Why was Semmy Schilt so technically poor?

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bad athlete? Too big? Didn't care?

He's one of those guys that make you pessimistic about technique. Semmi was easily the worst technician besides Hong Man Choi, and Semmi even lost to that bum

You make him look worse than he really was/is.

He would KO you with his big dick.

it seems I already have spacetime blocked........... any how Semmy lost to to HMC due to where the fight took place and the introduction of that dumb anti clinch rule

it seems I already have spacetime blocked........... any how Semmy lost to to HMC due to where the fight took place and the introduction of that dumb anti clinch rule

Same for both fighters

Killer left hook/jab, one of few HWs good in the clinch, KOs elite guys with stabbing karate kicks, KOs guys through their guard with roundhouse kicks. I think its more likely you saw one fight where he looked bad and assumed he was technically poor instead of him actually being technically poor. Especially considering he is kinda the HW GOAT and all...

Killer left hook/jab, one of few HWs good in the clinch, KOs elite guys with stabbing karate kicks, KOs guys through their guard with roundhouse kicks. I think its more likely you saw one fight where he looked bad and assumed he was technically poor instead of him actually being technically poor. Especially considering he is kinda the HW GOAT and all...

I followed his entire career and even back then when I didn't do martial arts, I could tell he was technically inferior.

Why is @spacetime such a terrible poster?

Oh common..you have to admit that Semmi had really weak technique... there is no scentific support to suggest that taller people are less flexible, so even if he's alot slower, he should be able to do proper shit

Oh common..you have to admit that Semmi had really weak technique... there is no scentific support to suggest that taller people are less flexible, so even if he's alot slower, he should be able to do proper shit
Show me a fighter with his size and body type that has beautiful technique...

Proper = effectiveness and repeatibility. You aren't going to find anyone else with his acolades.

Please keep these trash threads in the technique forum, we don't need this garbage here...

Show me a fighter with his size and body type that has beautiful technique...

That's because you hardly see guys that height. He was the only fighter that height besides Hong Man Choi. Again, why would that have anything to do with technique? I repeat: there is no evidence that taller people are less flexible.

And if height had nothing to do with it, he wouldn't have one of the few losses to Hong Man Choi....

Excuse me? You have Semmi over Ernest Hoost?
Easily imo. Hoost was for a time the main candidate because he had the most GP wins and it kinda became a meme to have him as the best, but one of those GP wins involved him getting knocked out by Bob Sapp twice. Semmy achieved more with zero losses to bumswinging football players.

Anothny Joshua and Tyson Fury.
Semmy still bigger than both of those guys and that's a different sport Semmy is a Karate guy. They can't do things that Semmy can do.

Is this poor technique?...

972c687582ce7bcc4613c1cf46d7b3b6.gif

0f48ae6eec75326ec04a416247b24fb0.gif

WatchfulIllinformedCockatiel.gif

DisloyalImaginativeHousefly.gif

TediousCarelessAntarcticfurseal-size_restricted.gif

ShorttermDisastrousArmadillo-size_restricted.gif

Semmy still bigger than both of those guys and that's a different sport Semmy is a Karate guy. They can't do things that Semmy can do.

Is this poor technique?...

972c687582ce7bcc4613c1cf46d7b3b6.gif

0f48ae6eec75326ec04a416247b24fb0.gif

WatchfulIllinformedCockatiel.gif

DisloyalImaginativeHousefly.gif

TediousCarelessAntarcticfurseal-size_restricted.gif

ShorttermDisastrousArmadillo-size_restricted.gif

i thought he was 6 ft 9 ... hes even bigger than Tyson wtf.

That's because you hardly see guys that height. He was the only fighter that height besides Hong Man Choi. Again, why would that have anything to do with technique? I repeat: there is no evidence that taller people are less flexible.
Your premise is wrong. He has great technique you just don't know anything about fighting. Since when did technique rely solely on flexibility?

Besides that, Semmy is flexibile...

070126_kb_poster.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I mean, did you even watch anything about this guy before you decided to make this thread? Clearly you don't know what you are talking about which is typical of your posts...

Back