Why was everyone hating on celebs for singing "Imagine"?

Alphaboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A few weeks ago a bunch of celebs (lead by Gal Gadot) filmed themselves singing John Lennon's iconic song "Imagine".

Everyone was mocking them for doing this. Even Joe Rogan was shit talking these celebs. The general consensus was "do they think singing is gonna fix anything?" or "look at them preaching from their multi-million dollar mansions."

I don't think their singing is inspirational and I already mentioned people crying about the quarantine are dramatic... especially since it just started at the time, but I don't see the harm in them singing. Why did it make folks so angry? Lol

Here's the video if anyone doesn't know what I'm referring to:

Besides... Gal is easy on the eyes.

It's no different from people "sending thoughts and prayers." Both useless. But yeah, Gal is hot.

Ask Joe Rogan, he'll tell you.

A few weeks ago a bunch of celebs (lead by Gal Gadot) filmed themselves singing John Lennon's iconic song "Imagine".

Everyone was mocking them for doing this. Even Joe Rogan was shit talking these celebs. The general consensus was "do they think singing is gonna fix anything?" or "look at them preaching from their multi-million dollar mansions."

I don't think their singing is inspirational and I already mentioned people crying about the quarantine are dramatic... especially since it just started at the time, but I don't see the harm in them singing. Why did it make folks so angry? Lol

Because millionaires singing out of key with their friends trying to pretend they can relate to the situations that the unwashed masses are facing is INCREDIBLY fuckin pompous. I don't ever wanna see any of those faces again.

I'm guessing it's because these people are completely disconnected from reality and instead of helping out with their vast resources, they do a publicity stunt like this which is equivalent to throwing bread crumbs down to us plebs because they think it'll inspire us and warm our hearts.

It does kinda make her look like a narcissistic airhead.

But yeah, a lot of people get far too wound up over this kind of thing. It’s ultimately pretty harmless, and the appropriate response is to not give it attention.

I didn’t even know about it until people started going off about it tbh.

He's an annoying little twat, but he made some good points.

Idk about "worst song ever written".
Imagine is a good song as in it sounds good. Not sure we should take the lyrics too seriously. I find John Lennon to be a bit if a dick, but that's neither here nor there.

It's just another vein attempt to gain attention, while singing a song from their mansions trying to appear like common folk. It's insulting. You're really getting an idea at how completely out of touch some celebrities are during this crisis.

It's just another vein attempt to gain attention, while singing a song from their mansions trying to appear like common folk. It's insulting. You're really getting an idea at how completely out of touch some celebrities are during this crisis.

Do you think if they turned it into a fundraiser (like the ice bucket challenge in 2014) it'd be as poorly received?

It's a bit like crashing your car and your stinking rich trust fund buddy says "I know how you feel... I crashed my Lambo a month ago. It'll be another month before I get my hands on my new one."

Why do you say that?

She seems quite self-important here, like she’s bought into her celebrity and thinks she’s some benevolent bringer of hope to the meek.

Probably not the deepest of thinkers, is my sweeping judgement upon her character based on not that much.

She’s definitely a fine looking woman though.

Meh, it was a dumb video but I think she meant well and was just trying to do something she thought would be entertaining. I mean, dumb as fuuukk if she thought it would be inspiring.

But it was way better than the weird Madonna shit. That chick just went nuts. Philosophy about the great equalizer in a bathtub full of milk and flowers and then singing about fried fish.

IMO it's nice and I don't see what's wrong with it.
At worst, it's harmless.

Back