Why was everyone hating on celebs for singing "Imagine"?

A few weeks ago a bunch of celebs (lead by Gal Gadot) filmed themselves singing John Lennon's iconic song "Imagine".

Everyone was mocking them for doing this. Even Joe Rogan was shit talking these celebs. The general consensus was "do they think singing is gonna fix anything?" or "look at them preaching from their multi-million dollar mansions."

I don't think their singing is inspirational and I already mentioned people crying about the quarantine are dramatic... especially since it just started at the time, but I don't see the harm in them singing. Why did it make folks so angry? Lol

Here's the video if anyone doesn't know what I'm referring to:

Besides... Gal is easy on the eyes.

It was incredibly cringe and tone-deaf.

A bunch of millionaires singing off-key in their mansions, while everyone else is worried about paying rent and losing their jobs and health insurance.

Idk. What’s funny is Joe Rogan was all upset about it. But then he’s always talking about how people are too easily offended or outraged by everything. Yet he was all “These people just lost family members to this virus, and you think this is helping?”

I think people just want an easy target on which to focus their frustration.

Its like that ubberhot chick who goes night out with her ugliest friend,and while she can get any man she wants in the place and her friend gets nothing,she keep telling her,
“IDKW you are so depressed?Hey its ok! Do your best and you get one!”

To be fair ugly friend can have a line of thirsty fucks around the corner, especially if she hangs out around closing time but I see your point.

Basically this. So many people are worried about just making their next rent or mortgage payment right now, they don’t need to hear from rich celebrities to “just hang in there”.

Yea, but who else is going to encourage the masses? Other poor or middle class people don't have a platform.

Bro, Rogan only likes tall women, his wife is taller than him

Jessica-Rogan-huss-kids.jpg

83ca56878bad8929.jpg

Gotta give his kids a chance genetically.

Condescending song as well as being absolute bullshit.

John Lennon was a feeble minded cunt.

Back