Why The United States Is A Christian Nation:

If your god exists, I'm pretty sure he doesn't care about your petty little borders and nations.
You would be wrong, but being a hostile atheist you're probably quite used to that.

An interesting part of the video, was Socrates words about how when people become obsessed with their own wants, pleasures and desires, they begin to vote for this over the greater good. This leads to tyranny.

You don't understand what tyranny is if you mention voting in the same sentence.

I believe this is demonstrated best by the majority of voters for the Democratic party.

Why?

Finally, whatever you may think of religion, I think it's arguable that it has a place in the checks and balances that maintain morality.

Morality is not derived from religion much less Christianity. If it was slavery, rape, incest, and murder would be legal as there are codes in the bible for each of them. The mores of society are derived from freedom from unnecessary protocol and respect for each other, literally the opposite function of religion.

Nailed it!

Our morals evolved over the past 45 billion years...or was that 50 billion???
Hey look it's Captain ignorance here to save the day.
Thanks for showing us all you don't understand any science or history.

So, you can't read.

Hang in there, bud...you're not alone in your shame.
Well I just can't get into that particular fiction, since it's badly written. It's really a shame that I don't have an imaginary friend to talk to. My psychology professors said to consult help if you do though.

Nailed it!

Our morals evolved over the past 45 billion years...or was that 50 billion???
4.54 billion according to scientists, but us Homo sapiens really only evolved anatomically to our current form between 200,000 to 150,000 years ago. We left Africa about 60,000 years ago and replaced Homo neanderthalensis and Homo erectus, both our close biological cousins who we share the same evolutionary ancestor with. You should pick up an Anthropology book sometimes since they're quite interesting to read. It's across the library in the non-fiction area.

Last edited:
You would be wrong, but being a hostile atheist you're probably quite used to that.
Like I said, I'm not well versed in historical fiction. I find it disturbing that you choose worship such badly written character though. The guy sounds like a jealous psychopath with anger management issues in the books of his delusional followers. I wouldn't worship Ramsey Bolton from Game of Thrones, and that God guy is a much bigger asshole in his own book.

Last edited:
You don't understand what tyranny is if you mention voting in the same sentence.

Why?

Morality is not derived from religion much less Christianity. If it was slavery, rape, incest, and murder would be legal as there are codes in the bible for each of them. The mores of society are derived from freedom from unnecessary protocol and respect for each other, literally the opposite function of religion.

If you watched the video, you'll see that in the words of founding fathers, tyranny can exist even by majorities and minorities.

Like I said, I'm not well versed in historical fiction.
It's your grasp of reality you should concern yourself with. You think you have a point simultaneously admitting that you have no idea what you're talking about.

That takes a level of idiotic obtuseness I've seldom encountered in people who take pride in their belief that they're smarter than others.

People don't understand Christianity influenced Western Europe which is responsible for the Christian ideology that came to the USA. Regardless of literal attachment to Christianity, we are influenced by Christian teachings.

It's your grasp of reality you should concern yourself with. You think you have a point simultaneously admitting that you have no idea what you're talking about.

That takes a level of idiotic obtuseness I've seldom encountered in people who take pride in their belief that they're smarter than others.
Well I know about Zeus, Osiris and other mythological gods, and in comparison they are much more entertaining than yours and most of them tend of be less of an asshole. The reader of those fictions also don't take the texts as seriously. There is no need to be upset. I don't judge your choice of fictional books, only your reaction to it.

Our country was so much more Christian years and years ago. It was like a utopia.

Pause not.

Well I know about Zeus, Osiris and other mythological gods, and in comparison they are much more entertaining than yours and most of them tend of be less of an asshole. The reader of those fictions also don't take the texts as seriously. There is no need to be upset. I don't judge your choice of fictional books, only your reaction to it.
Why do you keep posting me?

I'm not interested nor entertained by your repeated demonstrations stupidity and lack of logical thought. I'm also not inclined to educate you.

Why do you keep posting me?

I'm not interested nor entertained by your repeated demonstrations stupidity and lack of logical thought. I'm also not inclined to educate you.
You're entertaining when you get uptight about your fictional book. I'm here for some cheap chuckle. It's a perfect fit. Why are you so upset?

vNJAYxY.jpg

Which version of Christianity should the US follow?

The version the South used to justify the practice of slavery?

"slaves, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling" (Ephesians 6:5),

"tell slaves to be submissive to their masters and to give satisfaction in every respect" (Titus 2:9).

Christians who wanted to preserve slavery could use the Bible to back them up. If they were wrong, how do you know your interpretation is right today?

why are atheists always the biggest fundamentalist

Why?

those are all covered in the ten commandments

Because the 1400's are the exact same thing as 2016.

Hitchens wasn't too bright sometimes. Not only that, I don't know anyone outside of Muslims who want their religious belief supersede their or others constitutional rights... Besides leftists.

For now, in 2001 81% of American were Christians and by 2014 it dropped to 70%.

I see that Christian principles work hand in hand with certain countries and their ideologies, USA and the "american dream" etc...

For other it just doesn't, opens the spot for other religions to challenge the christian principles and way of thinking. As long as somethin offers good values and guide people towards well behaving and faithful/fearful beliefs, it will be interesting for some governments.

Once you start questioning too much you might want to question them too much too and that's what they don't want you to do.

Back