Why The United States Is A Christian Nation:

Meh, most people who identify as Christians are just bullshitters. If they truly believed the gospel they would act different than they do.

THIS^^ all day long. This is not the 1980s anymore. Christianity no longer has a strangehold on our country. Americans by and large have gotten much more educated in the past couple decades.

THIS^^ all day long. This is not the 1980s anymore. Christianity no longer has a strangehold on our country. Americans by and large have gotten much more educated in the past couple decades.
implying all Christians are uneducated.

Please, do the world a favor and read a book.

Well the founding fathers of the USA, I have a ton of respect for them as statesmen and they gave birth to what is probably the greatest country ever. But let's just say they aren't exactly poster boys for morality.

If you live your life as the Bible says, then you will be a good person. Too bad most cafeteria Christians don't even live by the rules of their own book.
You want to be a Christian, good for you, I don't tell people how to live unless they ask. For the love of Yahweh, stop this US is a Christian nation crap. The US is a nation of Freedom, one being religion.

I encourage you all to watch this through to the end whether you are an atheist, Christian or other. The piece touches on the constitution and why it only works so long as the majority maintain a moral, religious base grounded in Christianity (as even expressly talked about by founding fathers).

Again, worth the watch all the way through:

Hello all, I'm an idiot unable to form my own opinions on anything.

Please watch this video containing nothing but confirmation bias.

Most of the founding fathers were Deists. Why do Christians ignore this fact? I'd put money on most of them being atheists if scientific progress had been where it is today.

Romans 13 will answer that question...I'll assume you know how to read.

So the funding fathers were sinners and the US is a product of sin? Give back America to the UK.

Well I just can't get into that particular fiction, since it's badly written. It's really a shame that I don't have an imaginary friend to talk to. My psychology professors said to consult help if you do though.

4.54 billion according to scientists, but us Homo sapiens really only evolved anatomically to our current form between 200,000 to 150,000 years ago. We left Africa about 60,000 years ago and replaced Homo neanderthalensis and Homo erectus, both our close biological cousins who we share the same evolutionary ancestor with. You should pick up an Anthropology book sometimes since they're quite interesting to read. It's across the library in the non-fiction area.
Psychology professor? It all makes sense now...you keep trusting in fallible humans!

Hard to call OT and NT writings "fiction" given the overwhelming historical, physical, and geographical evidence.

The west has values of Christian origin embedded into its' cultural heritage. It seems like the modern world has shed the negative aspects of the religion and kept the useful ones e.g. humanistic values.

A lot of people seem to forget what it was like to live under actual oppressive religious dogma. People's entire lives used to be controlled by religion, they had no liberty. Not following the church meant you were shunned by your community and your family. A pregnant woman outside marriage could be forced to abandon her child to save face. A female divorcee would be treated like a leper. A gay man would be chemically castrated. A woman would be arrested for wearing a skirt that was too short. Depending on which group you were part of, it was a small every day hell.

We're all sinners, you goof!

And horrible spellers, apparently.

Yup, but the British crown authority is given by God while the US authority is given by the Consitution.

Therefore the US itself is a nation of sin, while the British crown right is divine in nature.

Therefore the US continuous existence is an affront to God and thus cant be a christian nation.

implying all Christians are uneducated.

Please, do the world a favor and read a book.

I am saying compared to the 1980s we as human beings a much smarter these days. And that's why Christianity is seen more and more of a joke every year in the US.

That being said, the most religious recruits in my Marine basic training platoon back in 1998 were also the same guys that had the lowest ASVAB scores.

And hey MFer, I was one of those guys back in the 1980s. Before I stopped doing the holy roller shuffle in 1994 I had enough hallelujah creditials under my belt to make Ripskater look like an atheist. So when it comes to slamming bible basturds I know exactly what I'm talking about and have more than enough room to do so.

Last edited:
Yup, but the British crown authority is given by God while the US authority is given by the Consitution.

Therefore the US itself is a nation of sin, while the British crown right is divine in nature.

Therefore the US continuous existence is an affront to God and thus cant be a christian nation.
Constitution preamble:

"...and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity..."

You'd be hard-pressed to define "Blessings" as anything other than a Christian doctrine.

A lot of people seem to forget what it was like to live under actual oppressive religious dogma. People's entire lives used to be controlled by religion, they had no liberty. Not following the church meant you were shunned by your community and your family. A pregnant woman outside marriage could be forced to abandon her child to save face. A female divorcee would be treated like a leper. A gay man would be chemically castrated. A woman would be arrested for wearing a skirt that was too short. Depending on which group you were part of, it was a small every day hell.

That sounds like a @ripskater paradise. In his utopia people like @colby25 would be executed for sexual misconduct in the name of the lord.

US is a corporate institution not a Christian institution.

Back