Why the hell haven't they made a Punisher video game?!

Headkicktoleg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just started watching the Punisher series on netflix and it just amazes me that I've never even heard of anyone trying to do this. I'd imagine something like a cross between MGS the Phantom Pain, Hitman, and GTA, and Rainbow Six. It could easily be one of the best games ever. An open city, you can walk in on crimes happening and stop them or do the story missions which are more similar to Hitman series. It would NEED to have more realistic weapons and 1 or 2 shot kills. Also environmental deaths and CQC. Also microtransactions are regulated to skins.

Let's make a game where you go around shooting people

Sounds familiar

This is the only Punisher game you'll ever need
punisher-arcade-002.png

$2.99 microtransaction for Jon Bernthals patented rubbing his head emote

C1YIpQsUQAA558r.jpg

The Punisher game for ps2 was pretty sweet. Would love a new game though.

They had one on xbox. It was pretty dope.

I used to play the shit out of the 2005 game, It had some of the most badass Punisher writing I had ever seen in a comic book game.

(Punishers internal monologue after killing Bushwacker) "I don't smile much.. Don't smile ever... But if I did, this would be one." Pure badassery.

But yes, an open world style game set in NYC where you can upgrade armour, your car, weapons, clothes etc would be phenomenal. Maybe they can make one in the same vein as the Arkham games. I'm perplexed that they haven't done this yet.

the punisher game was actually pretty good

nowadays they'd just make another open world game though

I'd love to see one made in the style of the Arkham series or this new Spiderman.

I always thought a Judge Dredd game in that style would be awesome too. An open world where you go around responding to crimes, interrogating bad guys, etc.

A game similar the the PS 2 Punisher would be pretty cool. Took me a little while to get into it, but did really enjoy it.

I always thought a Judge Dredd game in that style would be awesome too. An open world where you go around responding to crimes, interrogating bad guys, etc.

Deus Ex.

That would require Rockstar, EA, CD Projekt or Bethesda and an AAA budget. Deus Ex ticks most of the boxes for me. Crackdown is the stupid version of this. Saints Row 4 another stupid version of this.

Ps: I got a shit load of Dredd comics and a life size Judge Death painting in my
bedroom.

Why the hell are there no Marvel games on the current systems for that matter?
It really is baffling.
In an age where comic book movies are at an all time high as far as popularity goes, where the hell are the games?
Injustice and Marvel vs Capcom? That's it?

There was a Punisher shooter game on the PS3. It was alright but nothing really to write home about. A few guest characters and a story mode, along with multiplayer.

Why the hell are there no Marvel games on the current systems for that matter?
It really is baffling.
In an age where comic book movies are at an all time high as far as popularity goes, where the hell are the games?
Injustice and Marvel vs Capcom? That's it?
Spiderman game coming out that looks pretty cool

This is genuinely one of the GOAT PS2 games

51VVJB9D7JL._SY445_.jpg

All the creative interrogations and one liners were so damn good.

Back