Why Sambo wrestling destroys American wrestling (Khabib Sons the WW division)

Yeah he did go to AKA and started manhandling MW's and LHW's American wrestlers, as per Josh Thompson, DC, Mendez, Rockhold, etc etc.
Avoiding my points with arbitrary nonsense... I like your style.

Its no coincidence these wrestlers that are hailed as Gods get consistently destroyed when they come up against Dagestani Caucus muscle.

The biggest problem is the coaches in American wrestling are obsessed with physical prowess and athleticism. Its like a fetish. No wonder the collegiate system is filled with weirdo pedo trainers like in Penn state. Just look at their takedowns, its all out of sheer power and speed, no emphasis on IQ or technique.

Contrast this with Eastern block wrestling, which foregoes physicality for IQ and technique. Judo throws, sweeps and trips, Japanese Jiujitsu type control of the opponents body and overall wider fluid weaponry in terms of takedowns than boring old double leg, shooting down low, german suplexes YAWN.

Then once the guy is taken down, American wrestling is just get the dude on his knees and hump him down and just not let him get up. Lay and pray. YAWN. Sambo, once hes down, look at Khabib, constantly moving, constantly transitioning to better positions, looking to trap and completely immobilise his opponents, Sambo's even got BJJ submissions, guard work, top control, transitioning EVERYTHING.

Usman, Colby, Woodley and Gaithje are DORKS. Khabib smokes all four without even breaking a sweat. Usman and Colby were so unconfident in their own grappling abilities, they both decide not to engage in their STRENGTH and put on that embarrassment of amateur striking. You think Khabib would refuse a grappling challenge with ANYONE? Please. WW is just as easier of a division for Khabib than LW. Khabib dominates Usman who is a discount Khabib and worse than him everywhere including striking. Colby is a joke. Woodley if he can use his TDD and physicality and GSP style the fight, its a maybe.
There is no such thing as "sambo wrestling".
The average pure sambo player would lose 10/10 times to any pure wrestler weather it's greco-roman, freestyle, or folk.

Sambo is more of a mix of boxing and judo than anything wrestling related.

Also, I'm sorry to say this but, you don't know anything about wrestling...

In russia they do greco roman werstling, they would be retarded to train sambo for the olympics. in America they do folk style.

also, since we are name picking, and since you most definitely don't follow werstling because you only named UFC fighters, I'll use the best example which is cejudo, he destroyed all the Russians and Europeans at the olympics to win a gold medals one of which has trained sambo as a hobby.

Cejudo is american=theory down the drain.

Lots of Sambo guys came in UFC and were nothign close to khabib.

Rustam is an international master in sambo and gives army seminars. Benson embaressed him.. iknow bendo's intentions were good but helping a guy up bewteen rounds before you beat him is... embaressing.

That abubaker guy disappeared real quick.. only reason he was signed is cause he shared a last name wiht khabib.

The fighter makes teh fighter, not the discipline. MMA already went through the experiments of what works and all the big name gyms worldwide have their own formula combining different sports and martial arts, so lets stop all these hype noob-ish threads of bjj vs wreslting vs sambo vs boxing vs mt and just enjoy the talent.

There is no such thing as "sambo wrestling".
The average pure sambo player would lose 10/10 times to any pure wrestler weather it's greco-roman, freestyle, or folk.

Sambo is more of a mix of boxing and judo than anything wrestling related.

Also, I'm sorry to say this but, you don't know anything about wrestling...

In russia they do greco roman werstling, they would be retarded to train sambo for the olympics. in America they do folk style.

also, since we are name picking, and since you most definitely don't follow werstling because you only named UFC fighters, I'll use the best example which is cejudo, he destroyed all the Russians and Europeans at the olympics to win a gold medals one of which has trained sambo as a hobby.

Cejudo is american=theory down the drain.

Lots of Sambo guys came in UFC and were nothign close to khabib.

Rustam is an international master in sambo and gives army seminars. Benson embaressed him.. iknow bendo's intentions were good but helping a guy up bewteen rounds before you beat him is... embaressing.

That abubaker guy disappeared real quick.. only reason he was signed is cause he shared a last name wiht khabib.

The fighter makes teh fighter, not the discipline. MMA already went through the experiments of what works and all the big name gyms worldwide have their own formula combining different sports and martial arts, so lets stop all these hype noob-ish threads of bjj vs wreslting vs sambo vs boxing vs mt and just enjoy the talent.

You are arguing semantics and technicalities, I am arguing totalities. Yes "sambo wrestling" doesn't technically exist, but grappling is a part of Sambo, including traditional "wrestling".

I broke down why freestyle wrestling is a turd of a grappling style for MMA compared to the totality of grappling taught in Sambo. I'm I wrong? No, I think I'm quite accurate.

Look at the last few Olympic winners, mostly eastern block wrestlers in freestyle wrestling, a sport the american government and the private sector pours ungodly amount of money into.

The culture between the east and west are very different. Even traditional eastern wrestlers usually partake in other grappling art forms while american wrestlers just stay freestyle wrestling.

You are arguing semantics and technicalities, I am arguing totalities. Yes "sambo wrestling" doesn't technically exist, but grappling is a part of Sambo, including traditional "wrestling".

I broke down why freestyle wrestling is a turd of a grappling style for MMA compared to the totality of grappling taught in Sambo. I'm I wrong? No, I think I'm quite accurate.

Look at the last few Olympic winners, mostly eastern block wrestlers in freestyle wrestling, a sport the american government and the private sector pours ungodly amount of money into.

The culture between the east and west are very different. Even traditional eastern wrestlers usually partake in other grappling art forms while american wrestlers just stay freestyle wrestling.
There's so much wrong with this I dont even know where to begin...

You said in the thread title, "American werstling". am I right? Yes.
Is freestyle wrestling American werstling? No.
American werstling is folk style which is very different.
Did I prove once again you have no idea what you are talking about? yes.

I know I'm quite accurate.

I know replying again is a waste of time, should have trolled you with a nonsense statement like "American bread American wrestler from America, Nick Rod got second place in the most prestigious grappling tournament in the word the ADCC bro, and he's only a blue belt in bjj."

The best base style for MMA is starting full MMA from the start. this isn't the 80s.
If we are talking which is the best pure grappling art to start base before MMA? old school BJJ and it's not even close. It shits on sambo for that specific purpose.

Colby would make easy work of Khabib

Khabib probably smashes Usman though
Khabib has a much better chance against Covington, than against a guy with 100% TDD lmao.

Usman is a nightmare matchup for Khabib, although his grappling and finishing ability from top control isn't so good.

Sambo is an ever evolving sport, they have no set boundaries, and add new elements all the time. Schools will differ, as more progressive coaches incorporate newer elements into their programs. Yes, its as close to mma as it gets.

There's so much wrong with this I dont even know where to begin...

You said in the thread title, "American werstling". am I right? Yes.
Is freestyle wrestling American werstling? No.
American werstling is folk style which is very different.
Did I prove once again you have no idea what you are talking about? yes.

I know I'm quite accurate.

I know replying again is a waste of time, should have trolled you with a nonsense statement like "American bread American wrestler from America, Nick Rod got second place in the most prestigious grappling tournament in the word the ADCC bro, and he's only a blue belt in bjj."

The best base style for MMA is starting full MMA from the start. this isn't the 80s.
If we are talking which is the best pure grappling art to start base before MMA? old school BJJ and it's not even close. It shits on sambo for that specific purpose.

You are delusional if you think BJJ is a better grappling base than Sambo which incorporates both the submission technicality of BJJ / Catch / Luta / whatever and a wrestling style that is supplemented with all sorts of grappling techniques.

Also folkstyle and freestyle, doesn't matter, they both retain the same grappling weaknesses clearly demonstrated against a TOTALITY based grappling style.

All grappling styles have weaknesses except for in Sambo because Sambo grappling is MMA grappling, you said yourself, MMA is the base of MMA.

Even Japanese pro wrestling sons American pro wrestling. SAD!

UnitedPhonyHummingbird-size_restricted.gif

Combat sambo is pretty damn similar to MMA. It's like saying MMA is the best base for MMA.

Except it's not the same ;) head guard is used for combat sambo competitions which can help decrease head trauma for up and coming athletes.

Except it's not the same ;) head guard is used for combat sambo competitions which can help decrease head trauma for up and coming athletes.
Wow a head guard. That changes everything.

"The biggest problem is the coaches in American wrestling are obsessed with physical prowess and athleticism. Its like a fetish. No wonder the collegiate system is filled with weirdo pedo trainers like in Penn state. Just look at their takedowns, its all out of sheer power and speed, no emphasis on IQ or technique."

I'm convinced. You sound like you know what you're talking aboot.

Didnt read a word you posted but khabib has said multiple times he doesn't wanna move up

Didnt read a word you posted but khabib has said multiple times he doesn't wanna move up

He also said multiple times he would move up. Khabib is a dear in the headlights going with the flow. Never take heed in what he says on the surface.

"The biggest problem is the coaches in American wrestling are obsessed with physical prowess and athleticism. Its like a fetish. No wonder the collegiate system is filled with weirdo pedo trainers like in Penn state. Just look at their takedowns, its all out of sheer power and speed, no emphasis on IQ or technique."

I'm convinced. You sound like you know what you're talking aboot.

<Goldie11>

Back