Why Riofightwear.com sucks

Riofightwear has returned my money, I would like to thank the rep on this site for the help.

btw, an update for anyone paying attention: i got a notice from the post office that they have my package and can pick it up monday, so that was 4 days for shipping.

^^^ long story man: basically i had to have it shipped to my parents' place in jersey because im currently a nomad, living and working in nyc and staying at friends' houses. my internship is over this friday, and i can't fucking wait. i got home too late to pick it up friday, and i had to leave too early to pick it up monday, so ill most likely get to see it/roll in it next weekend. ill definitely post a review once ive had a couple chances to roll in it. isnt your behring on the way? let us know how you like that as well.

I had a similiar experience as the original thread starter had. I ordered 3 shirts and it took around thirty days to get 2 of them. I then had to contact them about the other one and they said it was in a "split package" which "amazingly" took around thirty days from when I had inquired about the missing shirt. I ordered a shock grappling gear shirt that looked like it had been made from an iron-on printed out of a computer. Another one was from the pride clothing line of a muay thai shirt that was spelled "muai thai" . The third was also from the pride line that is a vale tudo shirt that I was really pleased with. This was the only one that had a proffesional look that didn't look like an iron-on. I probably won't order from them again. No offense to anyone, just wanted to share my experience.

triggertap79 said:
I had a similiar experience as the original thread starter had. I ordered 3 shirts and it took around thirty days to get 2 of them. I then had to contact them about the other one and they said it was in a "split package" which "amazingly" took around thirty days from when I had inquired about the missing shirt. I ordered a shock grappling gear shirt that looked like it had been made from an iron-on printed out of a computer. Another one was from the pride clothing line of a muay thai shirt that was spelled "muai thai" . The third was also from the pride line that is a vale tudo shirt that I was really pleased with. This was the only one that had a proffesional look that didn't look like an iron-on. I probably won't order from them again. No offense to anyone, just wanted to share my experience.

triggertap79,

When we ship our merchandise , people are advised that could take from 15-30 (or more) depending on where you live if you go with the standard shipping , Sometimes we ship from USA-NY(3 to 7 days )but we do not have the much demand to have a full operational warehouse here ,so we keep low level of inventory and our own brand. If you do not want to do business with us anymore because of the time delay , that is understandable.

But , for the other issues and problems that you found with the tshirts whose vendors we deal with and you think it is poor of quality , the most we can do is let them know . We are just dealers from them , we do not own or manufacture for them. We have our own manufacturers that has nothing to do with them ..We represent over 20 brands so it will be tough for us to keep track of who is good or bad.

What we sell here and we are proud of it, is our customer service and most wanted gear from brazil , so you guys will avoid the hassle going to a foreigner site and buying from them without even knowing if the site is legit .

PS: we are not talking about those site brands above , just an example

Just our 2 cents here ,

TEAM RFW

Trigger, keep in mind that you cannot compare American tee shirts to other countries. Totally different ball game. Brasilian companies even use a different type of cotton than we do. And they silk screen or print differently. Shit, they probably even use different ink. If you are unfamiliar with their styles of clothing, I can see where you would be disappointed. You should really see one before ordering, especially if you are unfamiliar with them. That goes for all foreign markets.

RIOFIGHTWEAR said:
triggertap79,

But , for the other issues and problems that you found with the tshirts whose vendors we deal with and you think it is poor of quality , the most we can do is let them know . We are just dealers from them , we do not own or manufacture for them. We have our own manufacturers that has nothing to do with them ..We represent over 20 brands so it will be tough for us to keep track of who is good or bad.

What we sell here and we are proud of it, is our customer service and most wanted gear from brazil , so you guys will avoid the hassle going to a foreigner site and buying from them without even knowing if the site is legit .

PS: we are not talking about those site brands above , just an example

Just our 2 cents here ,

TEAM RFW

I really wasn't aware that you guys didn't manufacture the t-shirts and that you were just dealers for them. Considering that, I would possibly order other products from your company. You guys didn't rip me off and the time delay really isn't that big of a deal for me. From what the guys say on here your customer service is great and you did resolve my problem with no questions asked. Thanks for responding and I really wasn't trying to badmouth you guys or anything.

Brandinho said:
Trigger, keep in mind that you cannot compare American tee shirts to other countries. Totally different ball game. Brasilian companies even use a different type of cotton than we do. And they silk screen or print differently. Shit, they probably even use different ink. If you are unfamiliar with their styles of clothing, I can see where you would be disappointed. You should really see one before ordering, especially if you are unfamiliar with them. That goes for all foreign markets.

Good point, the cotton was a totally different feel on the first two than I was used to, however, the vale tudo shirt was just like an American tee so I guess it varies. It was the first time I had ever gotten clothing from a foreign country and I didn't know what to expect.

RFW has always done right by me.. I ordered a bunch of stuff from them last year at Xmas and it all came in plenty of time for the holiday. Just finished ordering one of the limited edition Wand "Official Sponsors" Ts.. cant wait to see it in person.

well i think that one way you can tell (and please correct me if i am wrong) is that for at least wand shirts, they are made of a tougher cotton or they come in the drifit material.....does anyone know if V&M come like this as well or if other brasilia brands are like this?

p.s. snap!!!

I must agree about the brazilian shirts. Their print screens are teh suck. They look madd cheap but the material can not be messed with in the summer. They are thinner then most cotton tees and feel really nice when you're in the sun all day running and sprinting. When i go to the handball courts, i use shirts shipped from brasil because of how hot it can get. In the winter i try to stay away from them as they are too thin to mess with.

gotjiujitsu.com had pretty good service as far as two orders I have had with them.

ityrant said:
gotjiujitsu.com had pretty good service as far as two orders I have had with them.

Do you work for them? I wouldn't exactly post your first msg on this board recommending a new company.

RFW has great customer service. I experienced purchasing once from them and they were great since there was a problem with the french custom that held my order at the airport. They actually sent me ANOTHER FREE GI despite the fact it was totally not their fault!
How much more could you expect from a retailer?

more than several weeks ago i ordered a kimono and thai pads from Rio Fightwear. it was only supposed to take a couple days to receive since i paid extra for that purpose. when my order didn't arrive i called the number on the website and got some fellow who assured me that the order had went out and he would get me a tracking number...he didn't; so i waited a couple more days then called back. he then stated that my order was refused at my house...IMPOSSIBLE! the order was going to a business where there are arraingments for deliveries. he then said he would "re-send" the order and get back with me on the tracking number...guess what...he didn't. so now i call and the number is no longer in service. so i'm now forced to report this as a crime to the states attorney general in New York and here in my home state and subsequently send out a fraud alert regarding Rio Fightwear....i've already filed reports on ripoffreport.com and i'll do everything in my power to make sure this company doesn't do this again....now i have to spend money on a lawyer....thanks Rio fightwear....YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds a bit overdramatic there jonnyle... just have your credit card company revert the charges.

My personal experiences with RFW have been nothing short of spectacular. Shipping was fast, prices were great, they took my phone calls even though one was fairly late in the evening (I thought they were West Coast when I called :X), and no hassles. Same for a teammate of mine.

Sorry you didn't receive the same service.

how is getting mad cause someone took your money overdramatic? evidently you have more than enough money that it wouldn't bother you. it bothers me when i get screwed. if you don't believe me why don't you call the number and tell me what you get....douche.

Back