Why Riofightwear.com sucks

TigerDGC

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I ordered my fight shorts and rash guard in LATE May (The 26'th I believed). I choosed the cheap shipping route, and they told me it would take 15-30 days.....didn't expect that......I don't get my ITEM until mid July (Past 30 days folks...) and I only get my RASH Guard.

I email them about the fight shorts and they say it was an error on their part and they didn't have the item at all anymore. So after waiting all that time, I don't get my item, that was about 2-3 weeks ago and I ask for a refund for that item. Several emails was sent to them and yet no reply on the refund part, so in conclusion; they suck they suck they suck.

So much BS i've been through......

Sorry, man, that sucks. But thanks for making the thread. I won't order from them.

Hmm i bought two shirts from them and everytime i called i got excellent customer service and treatment. it took like 3 weeks or so to get the items but they were being shipped from brazil. for fuck sakes they are calle RIO fightwear. they have a warehouse in nyc i think but some items they have to get from brazil. or you couldve pmed the guy that posts for them. they are awesome people and dont use this thread as advice. order from them, they are great and they post on sherdog so you can contact them.

i'm sorry if i came at anyone like a dick, didnt mean to

I have not heard a negative comment about Rio other than this one. In business there is ALWAYS going to be a customer who slips through usual good service. Its a matter of odds. My company goes out of its way to make the experience positive and if we get it wrong, we hold our hands up and try our damndest to put things right. Sometimes its down to miscommunication, technology going wrong or third parties. I have no doubt that Alex at Rio will sort out the problem.
To base a buying decision on ONE piece of negative feedback is not a good reason. They say that 'create a happy customer and he will tell ten people about you, create an unhappy customer and he will tell a hundred more'.... at Fightgear we try our damndest to create happy customers all the time as I am certain Alex at Rio does. Heck, if I sing a fellow dealers praises they have to be pretty good!

I have never had one problem with them. This was the first negative thing I have ever heard. And the days are almost always counted as business days, weekends and holidays never count.

thats a shame about your order- This is the 1st negative Ive heard about riofightwear. Why don't you call them or send a letter?

Shit, I retract my previous statement. Hey Tiger, have you tried contacting their Sherdog rep?

yeah rio has been good to me in the past... when ordering something from Brazil. Expect to wait indefinately... if not dont order from brazil..... Keep it in the US or things they have in stock in their nyc store......

I'm sorry to hear you had problems, I'm sure Alex will fix this. Rio has great service when he reads your post he'll get in touch with you.

www.SSFgear.com

Tiger dude, it's one mistake. They did say 6 weeks to get to you, and by my counting late may - mid july is about 6 weeks, give or take a couple of days. I've never bought from them, but I buy stuff over the net all the time from different places and one bad experience isn't enough to hold a grudge against a company. Like the other guys have said, I'm sure they'll sort it out for you. Keep us up to date in this thread with the resolve to this matter so that we can all get a clear picture of the whole incident and judge for ourselves how good or bad their customer services are.

"Hmm i bought two shirts from them and everytime i called i got excellent customer service and treatment. it took like 3 weeks or so to get the items but they were being shipped from brazil. for fuck sakes they are calle RIO fightwear. they have a warehouse in nyc i think but some items they have to get from brazil. or you couldve pmed the guy that posts for them. they are awesome people and dont use this thread as advice. order from them, they are great and they post on sherdog so you can contact them."

WHY THE HELL DO I HAVE TO GO THROUGH SHERDOG.COM TO REACH RIO FIGHT WEAR? I didn't know they had a rep here and it doesn't change the fact that I shouldn't be doing it either because' i've emailed them several times! From Brazil or not, IF they SAY 15-30 days, then I expect my item to be coming around that time, not an extra 15-20 days i'm going to wait. AND no fight shorts. Don't follow this post as advice? That's bad advice......If you order them, at least not go for the cheap ass shipping option they give you like i did.

I sent them 3 emails asking them about this in the past 2 weeks. They were sent on......7-16-05, 7-24-05, and 8-1-05.

"create an unhappy customer and he will tell a hundred more'"

Yup; my BJJ school, Judokas I know, sherdog.com, etc.

Mind if I ask what they said to you in the emails, and what you said to them?

my gi is shipping out today from brazil........ 15-30 day shipping. Ill let you guys know how that goes. Ill start the timer.

However, once a product leaves there hands.. It is just that OUT OF THEIR HANDS..... and cheap shipping is just that, CHEAP SHIPPING... In all aspects..

Maybe its just me but if im ordering something that is going to take 15-30 days that is a big fluxuation in it self... I dont mind if its early and if its late.. im sure its not that late.

That is 15-30 business days. There on average 20 Business days a month.. So if anything your package seems to be only a couple days late.

Sorry you had such a bad experience with them. My exp has been nothing but good. There are always complications when things are comming out of the country. Some times things are held up in customs.. or stuck on the docks.

I ordered a pair of shorts from thailand once and the dockworkers went on strike and i didnt get them for over a month! They were supposed to ship and be at my door in 5 days.

i just ordered the dragao armlock gi from those guys and it shipped on monday. i shelled out the dough for the other shipping option and i beleive they told me it would arrive in 5-7 days - i will check my email and edit this post if im wrong. ill also post when it arrives, even though the shipping isnt really in their control once it leaves the warehouse.

i had a little trouble with them in the past that was quickly resolved. i have a pair of their riofightwear shorts and the velcro is coming off and there is a small rip on the crotch. i posted about it and alex immediately responded and pm'ed me about it, telling me to ship the shorts back to then for a replacement. i havent gotten around to shipping them back yet, but from my experience so far i'd say their customer service is pretty good. i had been wearing the shorts for over 3 months before they started to rip, and now its been about 7 months ive been rolling in them and they still offered to ship me new ones. id say thats pretty good stuff right there.

about the email, i sent them a couple emails asking about the availability of the dragao armlock gi and the shipping time and they were prompt in responding to all of them except one, which they said went straight to the junk email folder instead. all in all, theyre pretty solid imo.

Is Riofightwear going to respond to this? Guess not, just like my emails... :(

They basically told me that they didn't ship the shorts and would offer me a refund/store credit/ etc. I emailed them a couple of times due to no response about wanting a refund.

I was mad that i had to wait long for it and not having my fightshorts BUT I'm PISSED because of no email response or knowing if I'm getting my refund or not.

I'm surprised that Rio hasn't responded by now. I saw that he was on line about 15 mins ago. Keep us updated, I'm sure he will respond.

www.SSFgear.com

I too had an order that took about a month and a half, but that is because it had to be shipped directly from brasil.

i've sort of had a similar problem(s) with no gi brazilan fightwear(no, not the us brand the brazilian co) and i still haven't got my shorts. i have emailed them plenty of times and they aren't the quickest about replying to emails. to their credit tho they were having problems with their online store, but i would expect them to reply a little quicker than what they did. i sometimes didn't get a reponse till about a week later and at sometimes they replied the next day. so i guess it all just depends on the situation.

Back