Why Pacman and Floyd are more popular than Klitschkos or most HW's?

From an article I found:

http://www.secondsout.com/columns/thomas-hauser/de-la-hoya-pacquiao-and-the-business-of-boxing

One day before the fight, Pacquiao weighed in at 142 pounds (about what was expected). Surprisingly, De La Hoya tipped the scales at 145 (two pounds beneath the 147-pound limit). At the stare down following the weigh-in, Manny was wearing high-soled shoes while Oscar was in his stocking feet. That made them look closer in height than the four-inch differential between them.

The assumption was that De La Hoya had dried out considerably more than Pacquiao to make weight. One night later, just before the fight, Oscar got on the

Do people rly believe vitaly is boring?

Wlad we can agree, but vitaly is a beast

Do people rly believe vitaly is boring?

Wlad we can agree, but vitaly is a beast

Well, if people are bored by him, what can you really say? I think people respect him, they just don't really enjoy watching his fights because they aren't competitive. Watching a guy fight someone with 0 chance of beating him is not exciting.

people confusing bigger with taller, Oscar never really was a physical strong type of fighter so outside of having longer limbs, I never gave much credence to the "he's fighting much smaller men" which the idiot boxing writers really railed against him for during his 135 pound years.

Well, if people are bored by him, what can you really say? I think people respect him, they just don't really enjoy watching his fights because they aren't competitive. Watching a guy fight someone with 0 chance of beating him is not exciting.

I only respect them as gentlemen and honest professionals, not necessarily as really good fighters. but the euros love''m they can have them.

I don't get this mindset and/or criticism.

The Klits aren't exciting because their opponents have no chance in defeating them.

Do we say this in regards to Mayweather Jr and his opponents?

Or Lennox Lewis when he was on top of the throne?

It's not the Klitchko's fault they are so fu*king good.

The Klits aren't exciting because their opponents have no chance in defeating them.

I think Mayweather fights a better class of fighter than Vitali.

HW is a weird division because its the only division where a 20 pound weight advantage doesn't make a mismatch.

Wlad and Vitali fights are pretty much equal to an imaginary situation of Floyd fighting Kevin Mitchell or Juan Diaz.

And I'm aware thats because its the HW division but it is what it is. They have too many physical advantages that the other mediocre guys in the division simply cannot overcome.

Many of Mayweather's opponents may not have been the very best of the division or at the top of their game, but the vast majority of them were good, if not very good fighters. The same can't be same for the Klitschkos' opponents.

Lewis actually got a lot of shit for his opposition when he was the champ as well. And for being boring. He was never all that popular. Still, from what I understand his competition was still better.

As for Vitali specifically, he's not quite the bore that his brother is, but his style is just ugly. When Mayweather's fights are one-sided, you get to see a master technician at work. With Vitali, you get to see a big and smart but rather awkward and robotic fighter bludgeon someone.

They're pretty similar in popularity worldwide imo

Klits have Europe

Mayweather and Pacman have the US, Mexico and the Phillipines

Probably a similar amount of viewers for all their fights

Lewis actually got a lot of shit for his opposition when he was the champ as well. And for being boring. He was never all that popular. Still, from what I understand his competition was still better.

The only thing Lewis ever really got shit for was because the Tyson fight didn't happen earlier.

Lewis fought pretty much everyone at HW aside from Riddick Bowe, who blatantly and publicly ducked him.

Many of Mayweather's opponents may not have been the very best of the division or at the top of their game, but the vast majority of them were good, if not very good fighters. The same can't be same for the Klitschkos' opponents.

As for Vitali specifically, he's not quite the bore that his brother is, but his style is just ugly. When Mayweather's fights are one-sided, you get to see a master technician at work. With Vitali, you get to see a big and smart but rather awkward and robotic fighter bludgeon someone.

The robot ur talking about was a six time world kickboxing champion just saying, but u can keep going and jizz about "technique".

The robot ur talking about was a six time world kickboxing champion just saying, but u can keep going and jizz about "technique".

Whats that got to do with his boxing technique and how entertaining he is?

:redface:

I dare you post this in muay thai and kickboxing forum, so you can get educated
about how worthless shiny pants world titles are.

Also, what you post is totally off-topic.

:redface:

I dare you post this in muay thai and kickboxing forum, so you can get educated
about how worthless shiny pants world titles are.

Also, what you post is totally off-topic.

U guys are doing off post all the time, but its fine, my fault

Just wanted to point out, that vitaly isnt as unmobile and robotic as the one guy pointed out, it may look arkward, but he is pretty flexible and moves well for someone of his size (adamek). Well off post again im sry guys.

U guys are doing off post all the time, but its fine, my fault

Just wanted to point out, that vitaly isnt as unmobile and robotic as the one guy pointed out, it may look arkward, but he is pretty flexible and moves well for someone of his size (adamek). Well off post again im sry guys.

Again, what does him being able to kick have anything to do with him being awkward, robotic, and having an overall ugly looking style?

Branko Cikatic was obviously a much better kickboxer than Vitali ever was, and he was awkward as hell too.

The only thing Lewis ever really got shit for was because the Tyson fight didn't happen earlier.

Lewis fought pretty much everyone at HW aside from Riddick Bowe, who blatantly and publicly ducked him.

I remember a lot of people not rating Lewis very highly due to those reasons 10 years ago. Not saying they were right, and opinions on him have changed greatly over the years, as they usually do.

I remember a lot of people not rating Lewis very highly due to those reasons 10 years ago. Not saying they were right, and opinions on him have changed greatly over the years, as they usually do.

Thats just the crap people say when someone tries to compare an active fighter to ATGs.

Lennox fought everyone.

Lewis belongs in the top 5 all time HWs. It'd be pretty hard to make a case against that. He beat everyone he ever fought and his competition was not as bad as some make out.

Back