Why Pacman and Floyd are more popular than Klitschkos or most HW's?

well a couple of reasons
1) they both fight almost exclusivly in the united states

2) Both have larger than life personalities albeit it in compleltey different ways

3) Boxing historcially has always had a division at its for front. an example being in the 70's the hw division was the most competitve and most stacked with a bunch of future hall of famers thefore it was the most popular at the time. For the past 5-10 years its been the Welterweight division which both floyd and manny fight in

4) the Klits dont speak english very well, which really doesn't help especially since they dont usually fight in the us.
Edit: its not bad english by any means, but its not perfect, and imo it gets amplified by casuals because they dont fight in the US.

5) The Klits are big in Europe by the way, just not in the US. There fights are watched by millions over there, and they are extremely popular.

Last edited:
100 million Filipinos support Manny Paquiao:D and many watch his every move
Mayweather jr is TBE Bragger in boxing:D he is fun to watch in and out of the ring
They both are Legends , I never watch HW i only looked up klitschko once when he was/is dating hayden

Because the Klitschos are fucking boring. They have no competition in their weightclass. They genetically outclass 90% of their competition and that isn't intriguing.

Floyd and Pac beat guys who have physical advantages over them. They are interesting people. Floyd is polarizing which is always good for the media. They fight in the USA which is the headquarters of entertainment.

Klits are super popular in a lot of Europe, but not in USA.

if the kilts actually lost points for constantly clinching then people would start watching otherwise we all know who is going to win

4) the Klits dont speak english very well, which really doesn't help especially since they dont usually fight in the us.

not sure if serious ....

wlad speaks better english than pac , and is more articulate than floyd maystutter :icon_lol:

not sure if serious ....

wlad speaks better english than pac , and is more articulate than floyd :icon_lol:

no question about it, but it goes back to them fighting in the US while Klit really doesn't.

And its not perfect english by any means either

i lol'd at the floyd thing tho hahahaha

well a couple of reasons
1) they both fight almost exclusivly in the united states

2) Both have larger than life personalities albeit it in compleltey different ways

3) Boxing historcially has always had a division at its for front. an example being in the 70's the hw division was the most competitve and most stacked with a bunch of future hall of famers thefore it was the most popular at the time. For the past 5-10 years its been the Welterweight division which both floyd and manny fight in

5) The Klits are big in Europe by the way, just not in the US. There fights are watched by millions over there, and they are extremely popular.

I agree with most, but Klitschko's are relatively good at English. They can conduct interviews fully in English with no translation needed.

moneymayweather.gif

I agree with most, but Klitschko's are relatively good at English. They can conduct interviews fully in English with no translation needed.

i went back an edited. I shouldn't have said its bad english

but i do believe that an accent can affect the publics perception of a fighter. Look at Lennox Lewis. For a while there, especially before the Tyson fight there was a perception amongst casuals in the US that he was somehow less of a fighter than tyson because of things like his accent/playing chess. He also didn't help his cause by doing those commercials, where he would have tea time, and stuff ( even though i thought they were great). So i think there are cases where having an accent can affect a fighters standing.

They show one of these things watch from 10:52-11:40. Watch further for the Lennox-Rahman 2 Ko, and the Classic Tyson i want to eat his children interview

Last edited:
Good question...

The Klitchko's are fu*king huge in Europe so they really don't need to market themselves in the States. With a good marketing team, they would be very popular in the US. They are good looking, tall, (despite popular belief) they have a very high KO percentage.

And I don't see how anyone can call Vitali boring, all of his fights have been entertaining.

Wladimir has only had a few abysmal performances...the one against Potvetkin and against haye...

Manny pac has a huge fan base and has a great rags to riches Cinderella, Rocky Balboa story...

Mayweather is Mayweather...he is an incredible talent, brash, cocky, undefeated

Mayweather has a big personality and Pacquiao is like his counter. They also beat Mexican fighters who are very popular as well in boxing. There's also the dramatic tension of them never fighting. The Klitschkos are too dominant.

The Klits Huge in Europe. May & Pac are huge America & Asia.

HBO and Shotime execs don't wanna put the Klits on their network even though every time they have they've been successful

boxing is foremost a spectacle, the klit bros are boring, the fact that they fight no one who might make it exciting doesn't help. for me, if a fights boring, i don't care who it is, it goes off. Even Ali fought some dreadfully boring fights that I can't get through (Mathis,evangelist,Young) fights so bad they make you not even care who wins or loses. if it's boring it's boring, nothing else will help that.

And lets not let mayweather off the hook either, some of his fights are boring as hell, I guess people are so used to seeing his kinds of fights that they don't mind. Pac is a dream, even when he lost, those fights were exciting, and the marquez fight was fucking epic. Those kinds of fights are great for the sport.

Back