Why no fight annouced or rumored for Francis Ngannou yet

Curtis Blaydes again. He's got that look in his eyes, Joe.

<HisEye>

<Goldie11>

stipe is scared he knows francis beat him in the rematch

Stipe has never been scared about a fighter. He's certainly not going to start being scared with a fighter he's already beaten...no matter how hard he's felt him punch, no matter how well reasoned your points. As a champ he's never quibbled about the who and the where of a challenge. When, however...that's a different story. Bugger wants to rest up and heal, and you can't blame him.

DC and JDS have showed that stipe doesn't deal well with leg kicks, leg kicks that are a new weapon on francis arsenal

I think the thing with leg kicks was that Stipe wasn't expecting them and so hadn't prepared specifically for that threat. JDS wasn't known for throwing those much before, it seems something he prepped specifically for the fight. And with DC kicks are the last thing on your mind you're worried about. But for Werdum he worked on leg kick defense in camp and dealt with them pretty well.

I know lots think jones, but I think jones goes vs stipe and frances vs rumble for rumble return. That would be a sick co main
That would be a rough fight to come back to for rumble he should take a tune up first imo. But god damn would I watch the shit out of that hypothetical card my mouth is watering.

He is mostly right, an underperforming, poorly prepared Ngannou gave Stipe a hard time, even while being completely dominated. Better conditionned, 15lbs lighter, and with a more calculated approach (and almost 2 years of training), it's foolish to expect the same fight in a rematch.
That said, I don't think Stipe is scared of anyone and I wouldn't say Ngannou is sure to win the rematch either.
nah, he's not, the wrestling gap between Miocic and Ngannou was immense that night, do you guys actually believe Ngannou managed to catch up in less than 2 years? training with no good wrestlers? he's not even established himself somewhere legit, still with that Dewey Cooper guy, a kickboxer..
no one should expect the same fight, but to expect the lesser skilled fighter to make better adjustments for a rematch is, at best, biased wishful thinking
honestly mate, im not going to debate with someone that believes the heavyweight champion of the world is scared of someone

maybe if you take those back.

Francis is still not a ADCC Division I wrassler so Miocic rematch is useless.

Lets hope ngannou will ko jones into retirement.
But jones dont have the balls for hw.
Or he will cherrypick some low tier fighter than claim he was so awesome to got to hw.

Francis should only accept Stipe for HW title Jones for interim HW title or Brock for the $$$$$$$$

No other fight makes sense, hes beat everyone else

Rumble has not even re-entered the USADA testing pool yet (at least he hadn't on 28th September), so he is not fighting soon. Ngannou wants another fight this year.

I thought he announced that he is re-entering the testing pool in August

nah, he's not, the wrestling gap between Miocic and Ngannou was immense that night, do you guys actually believe Ngannou managed to catch up in less than 2 years? training with no good wrestlers? he's not even established himself somewhere legit, still with that Dewey Cooper guy, a kickboxer..
no one should expect the same fight, but to expect the lesser skilled fighter to make better adjustments for a rematch is, at best, biased wishful thinking
You don't seem to know what you're talking about. Dewey Cooper is only his striking coach. In Vegas, Ngannou trains at Xtreme couture, with Vinny Magalhaes amongst other. When he is in Paris, he is training with an olympic wrestler (HW) and a europe grappling champion (HW too).

And frankly, who gives a shit if Ngannou knows how to ankle pick or land a double leg, he will never need that. What he needs is a solid TDD (which he has), good distance management (which he normally has, but didn't use against Stipe), a good conditioning (which he has), good scrambling from the ground (watch the first Blaydes fight), good submission threat (which he has).

And wtf means talking about adjusments...? he has been given back to back the 2 guys with the most takedowns in UFC HW history and smashed them both under a minute. What else is he supposed to do to claim a rematch? Get an olympic medal in wrestling and win the New York marathon?

I thought he announced that he is re-entering the testing pool in August
Made a typo, but the articles on 28th August (not September) said it was his next step. It might be done now, but not confirmed. He may have a lot a things to get rid of after 2 years of body building.

honestly mate, im not going to debate with someone that believes the heavyweight champion of the world is scared of someone

Francis could definitely beat stipe in a rematch. He was clearly buying his own hype in the first fight, which is a recipe to get your ass kicked ag someone at Stipe’s level.
He was not beat by wrestling but by his own ego in this fight.
He tried to land 100 haymakers in a round and gazed badly..
He is now down on earth, it would be a great fight for sure..

You don't seem to know what you're talking about. Dewey Cooper is only his striking coach. In Vegas, Ngannou trains at Xtreme couture, with Vinny Magalhaes amongst other. When he is in Paris, he is training with an olympic wrestler (HW) and a europe grappling champion (HW too).

And frankly, who gives a shit if Ngannou knows how to ankle pick or land a double leg, he will never need that. What he needs is a solid TDD (which he has), good distance management (which he normally has, but didn't use against Stipe), a good conditioning (which he has), good scrambling from the ground (watch the first Blaydes fight), good submission threat (which he has).

And wtf means talking about adjusments...? he has been given back to back the 2 guys with the most takedowns in UFC HW history and smashed them both under a minute. What else is he supposed to do to claim a rematch? Get an olympic medal in wrestling and win the New York marathon?
WOW, he is training with VINNY?! oh my god, Stipe better bring his wrestling shoes now!
come on dude, Vinny and his lazy ass TD attempts isn't what Ngannou needs in his camp, Vinny has looked horrible recently and with his fight IQ i wouldn't be surprised if he's telling Ngannou to jump guillotine a la Poirier to stop Stipe from shooting

who are these wrestlers and grapplers he's training with in Paris?
from what i read he's done training with Fernando Lopez, therefore he's not with MMA factory anymore, am i wrong?

good conditioning? Ngannou? lol, what makes you think so? i saw a very gassed man in his last 2 fights that were past the first round
solid TDD? not solid enough.

Cain is done, the guy is ancient and should retire - meaningless win at this point
Curtis doesn't know how to close the distance and shat the bed, not at Stipe's level

Francis could definitely beat stipe in a rematch. He clearly buying his own hype in the first fight, which is a recipe to get your ass kicked ag someone at Stipe’s level.
He was not beat by wrestling but by his own ego in this fight.
He tried to land 100 haymakers in a round and gazed badly..
He is now down on earth, it would be a great fight for sure..
you guys can make whatever excuses you all want for the dude, but what i saw that night was a superior, underrated and complete MMA fighter in Stipe overcoming physical disadvantages against a green, relatively unskilled and sluggish puncher in Ngannou

you guys can make whatever excuses you all want for the dude, but what i saw that night was a superior, underrated and complete MMA fighter in Stipe overcoming physical disadvantages against a green, relatively unskilled and sluggish puncher in Ngannou

An explanation is not an excuse. And being objective and able to read and listen is underrated in life.
Anyway I hope they fight again, Francis deserves it and it would be an intriguing fight between two great fighters.

I was joking OF COURSE stipe is not scared, but he still knows the rematch will be a tougher fight. the wrestling gap between francis and cain or blaydes is FAR bigger than the gap between, francis and stipe.
Stipe didn't won thanks to his wrestling ( if it was the case, cain and curtis would have won too ), stipe won because of his extremely good boxing defense.

we can bet if you want, I am 80 per cent sure ngannou beat stipe in the rematch.

stipe is scared he knows francis beat him in the rematch, Ngannou first performance against Stipe is not representative of ngannou's lvl, indeed in their first fight ngannou made a lot of stupid mistakes which proved his lack of experience :

- came to the fight overweight ( he had to cut weight to make 265, WTF ? )
- didn't train cardio, because he was convinced he will KO stipe
- because of his overconfidence, he changed the way he usually fight, indeed ngannou by nature is a counter striker ( a bit like a heavyweight version of conor ) and prefers to let his opponent make the first step, capitalize on the possible openings and win the fight, however in the first fight francis ran at stipe like a fucking BULL ( it was entertaining though ) and was throwing punches in the air without thinking or waiting for stipe to make a mistake.
- Even though it was a very BAD performance by ngannou, stipe's head was very damaged ... ( he kept a black eye for months ... )
Stipe-Miocic.jpg

Now, the two fighters are not the same than in 2018 :

- Ngannou lost a lot of weights, his body is now better suited for MMA
- According to his camp, he follows a strict cardio training
- He showed an improved takedown defense, by stuffing takedowns from cain and blaydes, who are both better wrestlers than stipe
- Ngannou gained experience, and will wait for stipe to make a mistake, like he did against all his opponents this past yearb ( in all his career actually, exept the fight against stipe )
- Stipe, this last 3 fights, took A LOT of damage, and he is near 40 years old, I would not have a lot of confidence on Stipe's chin this time ...
- DC and JDS have showed that stipe doesn't deal well with leg kicks, leg kicks that are a new weapon on francis arsenal...

For all these reasons, I believe Francis SHOULD beat Stipe.

That's a very long post, with alot of argument why Francis should win.

I have one for you also:
Francis wrestling is not good enough to beat Stipe

Keep in mind, it's very hard to strike when you need to think about the takedowns.
Striker vs wrestler pretty much every single time the wrestler wins. "The most important aspect of mma" - Joe Rogan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back