Why no fight annouced or rumored for Francis Ngannou yet

Jean-MMA

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
It's been almost a quarter of year since his last fight. I want a fight booked or at least rumored !
Who you want him to fight ?

He's getting a title shot, no? unless Jones is stepping up or DC wants that rematch then there's no one but him for Stipe to fight.

They are waiting for DC and Stipe to make a decision. There is no one available right now, except them (and Jones?).
Lewis, Overeem, JdS, Volkov, Harris, Tuivasa are all booked.
Cain is busy with Lucha Libre and has never even whispered the idea of a rematch.
There is no point booking a 3rd fight with Blaydes.
The rest is not nearly close to be competitive.

They are waiting for DC and Stipe to make a decision. There is no one available right now, except them (and Jones?).
Lewis, Overeem, JdS, Volkov, Harris, Tuivasa are all booked.
Cain is busy with Lucha Libre and has never even whispered the idea of a rematch.
There is no point booking a 3rd fight with Blaydes.
The rest is not nearly close to be competitive.

exactly, hopefully is jones

I know lots think jones, but I think jones goes vs stipe and frances vs rumble for rumble return. That would be a sick co main

stipe is scared he knows francis beat him in the rematch, Ngannou first performance against Stipe is not representative of ngannou's lvl, indeed in their first fight ngannou made a lot of stupid mistakes which proved his lack of experience :

- came to the fight overweight ( he had to cut weight to make 265, WTF ? )
- didn't train cardio, because he was convinced he will KO stipe
- because of his overconfidence, he changed the way he usually fight, indeed ngannou by nature is a counter striker ( a bit like a heavyweight version of conor ) and prefers to let his opponent make the first step, capitalize on the possible openings and win the fight, however in the first fight francis ran at stipe like a fucking BULL ( it was entertaining though ) and was throwing punches in the air without thinking or waiting for stipe to make a mistake.
- Even though it was a very BAD performance by ngannou, stipe's head was very damaged ... ( he kept a black eye for months ... )
Stipe-Miocic.jpg

Now, the two fighters are not the same than in 2018 :

- Ngannou lost a lot of weights, his body is now better suited for MMA
- According to his camp, he follows a strict cardio training
- He showed an improved takedown defense, by stuffing takedowns from cain and blaydes, who are both better wrestlers than stipe
- Ngannou gained experience, and will wait for stipe to make a mistake, like he did against all his opponents this past yearb ( in all his career actually, exept the fight against stipe )
- Stipe, this last 3 fights, took A LOT of damage, and he is near 40 years old, I would not have a lot of confidence on Stipe's chin this time ...
- DC and JDS have showed that stipe doesn't deal well with leg kicks, leg kicks that are a new weapon on francis arsenal...

For all these reasons, I believe Francis SHOULD beat Stipe.

His next fight should be against Stipe, unless he fights Brock for the new Jacked Motherfucker belt.

I know lots think jones, but I think jones goes vs stipe and frances vs rumble for rumble return. That would be a sick co main
Rumble has not even re-entered the USADA testing pool yet (at least he hadn't on 28th September), so he is not fighting soon. Ngannou wants another fight this year.

Could you imagine...

If Santos could land shots with a disabled leg, then Ngannou will probably KO him.

I got my hopes up because both alluded to a big fight coming up but it seems to far-fetched.
I don't see Jon taking a risky fight like this for 1st time at HW if there is no title on the line

stipe is scared he knows francis beat him in the rematch, Ngannou first performance against Stipe is not representative of ngannou's lvl, indeed in their first fight ngannou made a lot of stupid mistakes which proved his lack of experience :

- came to the fight overweight ( he had to cut weight to make 265, WTF ? )
- didn't train cardio, because he was convinced he will KO stipe
- because of his overconfidence, he changed the way he usually fight, indeed ngannou by nature is a counter striker ( a bit like a heavyweight version of conor ) and prefers to let his opponent make the first step, capitalize on the possible openings and win the fight, however in the first fight francis ran at stipe like a fucking BULL ( it was entertaining though ) and was throwing punches in the air without thinking or waiting for stipe to make a mistake.
- Even though it was a very BAD performance by ngannou, stipe's head was very damaged ... ( he kept a black eye for months ... )
Stipe-Miocic.jpg

Now, the two fighters are not the same than in 2018 :

- Ngannou lost a lot of weights, his body is now better suited for MMA
- According to his camp, he follows a strict cardio training
- He showed an improved takedown defense, by stuffing takedowns from cain and blaydes, who are both better wrestlers than stipe
- Ngannou gained experience, and will wait for stipe to make a mistake, like he did against all his opponents this past yearb ( in all his career actually, exept the fight against stipe )
- Stipe, this last 3 fights, took A LOT of damage, and he is near 40 years old, I would not have a lot of confidence on Stipe's chin this time ...
- DC and JDS have showed that stipe doesn't deal well with leg kicks, leg kicks that are a new weapon on francis arsenal...

For all these reasons, I believe Francis SHOULD beat Stipe.
shit posts like this one makes me think Stipe beats him again, for sure

Stipe just fought.
The UFC / WME want Francis to murderize him.
They want that African market.

shit posts like this one makes me think Stipe beats him again, for sure
He is mostly right, an underperforming, poorly prepared Ngannou gave Stipe a hard time, even while being completely dominated. Better conditionned, 15lbs lighter, and with a more calculated approach (and almost 2 years of training), it's foolish to expect the same fight in a rematch.
That said, I don't think Stipe is scared of anyone and I wouldn't say Ngannou is sure to win the rematch either.

Back