Why my life sucks

Recognize you are human....change is very difficult. You clearly have the time to train. Perhaps joining an MMA class or alternate martial arts class 2-3x weekly will give you all the inspiration to get in shape as it will force you to change if you want to keep up.

In additional a supervised weight loss program with frequent contact with health professionals and health psychologists would be invaluable IMO. These clinics exist primarily at academic "teaching" hospitals and can be of great benefit to you. You may not be fully aware of the underlying contributing factors here with which health professionals could assist you. Good luck and stay human, just time to make some changes one step at a time.

minus the insane $$ intake i literally was in the same boat. the easiest way i found to keep myself dieting was to diet strict during the week, and give yourself the weekend days for cheat days. that doesnt mean eat everything in site, but eat what you want.

if you've tried cold turkey and it hasn't worked, then no you shouldn't do cold turkey

also, if you cant feed yourself, you're useless (unless you have a wife who does it for you). since you obviously dont have a slave wife, you best get interested in food and cooking

I peeled off 60 pounds (220-160, 15-16 y/o) then 50lbs (255-200, 20-21 y/o) as my life has taken various twists and turns.

You need to find some self-discipline in a hurry; with that you'll be able to force yourself to become what you want to be. Here's my story if it helps:
I was "the fat kid" from like 6 years old to 13 years old, and I was teased for it. When I was 13 I literally said "fuck this shit" and started lifting weights. I had no clue what I was doing and all I did was curls and bench press. My original motivation was to get chicks, as shallow as it sounds. When I got to HS, I wanted to play football and that's when I really got into lifting (post season I went up to 220 but that was muscle + fat, but plenty of fat). I decided that I wanted to be leaner (so I could play linebacker), so in the spring of my sophomore year of HS I ran track and got down to 160 by the time September rolled around (two-a-days and a very low carb diet, I was doing low-carb before Dr. Atkins was on the map, I learned about it from bodybuilding magazines). That was too small for my skeleton, and I gradually settled back at like 180ish.

In college, I got into power lifting, and made the mistake of equating size with strength so I ate and lifted my way up to 255 in my first 2 years of college. I was the strongest I've ever been but 255 was way too large for my skeleton and I started having problems that could be reasonably attributed to weight. So I opted to lose weight and settled in around 200lbs. I feel strong at 200lbs and look pretty good and it's not that difficult to maintain. I'm currently low-carbing to try to lean out a bit (BJJ has weight classes so lower body fat percentage should be advantageous), but I'm not doing anything extreme (I think I cap out at like 50-60 grams per day).

You need to find motivation, once you find that you'll be able to plow forward. Originally my goal was to attract women, then it was to optimize football performance, then it was to become as huge and strong as possible, and now it's just to optimize for life and BJJ.

So do you feel like shit? Diet and exercise to feel better! Are you not getting laid? Diet and exercise to look better! Are you bored? Diet and exercise to fill the time!

Also I read once that you lose ~1" of usable d!ck for every 30lbs you are over weight. I don't know if it's true, but imagine adding 1-2" to your w@ng just by eating better and moving more.

I lost about 30 pounds when I first started MMA. Then I got stuck around 180 and couldn't seem to budge from there. My diet was still pretty shitty and I ate out pretty often. Basically I never really "got into" nutrition so I didn't know how to structure my diet properly.

As I was trying to cut weight for a tournment a wrestler at my school recommended "The 7 Principles of Fat-Burning" by Dr. Eric Berg. I read that and "The Grappler's Guide to Sports Nutrition" and based my diet off of that along with a bunch of information I gathered from stickies in this forum. I anticipated entering this tournament at 150-159. But, my new diet worked so well that I was able to cut down to 148 and compete in a lighter bracket.

I maintained my weight around 155 for almost a year but kind of fell off when I started drinking beer again on my birthday instead of rum/vodka drinks. Now I'm around 170 but plan to drop the extra 10 or 15 pounds in the next few months. (I just have to quit drinking beer again.:icon_conf)

The 7 Principles book is a bit extreme if you go on his diet full blown. I don't think you could do heavy work-outs on his diet as he has you cut all animal protein for 2 weeks. I never did that. I just limited myself to boneless chicken breasts, tuna and eggs and followed a lot of his ideas in the book. Basically this book made me completely rethink how I eat. It teaches you to not look to food for pleasure all the time, food is just energy so we can do the things we enjoy.

Oh, and this thread has some good recipes in it. Some aren't the healthiest but a lot of them are; http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f15/official-recipe-thread-317872/

The secret is stop making excuses and fucking do it. Lost 60 lb of fat and gained 10 lb muscle this year and quit smoking. When I stopped making excuses and did something about my situation and put in the work guess what, I lost weight, put on muscle and quit smoking. On top of that I work 70 hours a week. You have all the gd time in the world.

PUT THE TWINKIE DOWN, YOUR LIFE SUCKS BECAUSE YOU MAKE IT SUCK.

Btw if this is a troll (for some reason my trolldar is going off), kudos you got me good

I've been eating healthy (aka organic, no cheese, ect ect.) for over a year now but i have chronic fatigue and i had to quit all training :)icon_cry2) and I'm still a fatty lol. But i did quit eating unhealthy cold turkey, the whole idea of people fucking with my food because they can't produce a decent product was enough motivation for me.

All the other guys i know that eat every unhealthy thing in sight BUT train their asses off are fit and right on weight.

So just work out harder dude, most guys i know eat pizza regularly but also do insane cardio and if you would place me next to them you would think I'm the pizza eater lol.

Like some of the posters here said, you should start off slow.

Don't expect eating junk food and then just switch to eating health foods and being able to stick with it. You will crash and go back to eating junk , which you have.

I grew up on junk food too but when I decided to lose weight (lost 50 pounds in 3 and a half months, which is pretty crazy), I looked at what I was eating/drinking and gradually switch.

I drank almost 2 cases of pop a week, thats roughly 3,840 calories. I switch to other drinks like minute maid, crystal light, flavoured water,etc. I lost 8 pounds in a week along with doing regular exercise just by cutting that out. Now I don't even care/have the urge for drinking pop.

instead of eating chocolate bars, ice cream, etc. I switch to fat free pudding, cereal, etc.

I didn't just switch it up in one day but over time. Now I eat way heathier while still being able to eat pizza, ribs, hamburgers (on weekends) and not crashing.

just remember staying fit and healthy is a lifelong thing. I'm sure you can spend at least 1 hour a day, 3-5 days a week exercising.

so get your fat ass in gear jk

ps tell me exactly how your making that much money. :icon_lol:

Back