Why my life sucks

KlLLEmAll

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I'm 22 years old and I'm fat (230lbs @ 5'8, eating takeaway/junk food every night). I'm lazy (going to bed at 3-6am and feeling like shit when I wake up 10am-2pm).

I earn 2K+ a week for little work (I own a business that runs by itself with a few internet employees, in short I basically only need to check it once a day)

Training 4-5 times per week but I just can't stop my junk food addiction. I've tried for years to stop but I always give up after 2 weeks. I was brought up as a kid eating sweets and bad food so I guess its natural for me to have huge cravings, I've been eating like this my whole life.

I just need to find a way to lose the weight so I can get serious about MMA. I always told myself "I'll lose the weight one day, plenty of time" but I'm 22 already.

I know what works. I know how to lose weight. I know how to count calories and get the perfect ratios of protein, carbs and fats. I know you should drink 2 liters of water and eat veggies. Its not rocket science.

But I can't do it.

I feel like because I have the business in the background, unlike most people I can afford to sit back and be a lard ass. I know I'm going to feel amazing if I lose weight, I know its going to give me supreme confidence and I'll have my life back, so why the fuck can't I stick to it??

I'm not going on a crazy strict diet either, I'm taking just tasty home cooking with good ingredients.

Last time I stopped eating junk food, I got to two weeks and actually told myself "This is it, I don't feel the need to eat shit anymore"..... Two days later I'm eating a large pizza.

Please help me.

start slow. drop one shitty thing a week. like week 1 stop eating desert. Week 2, maybe just cut back on dinner a bit and add in a salad. week 3 maybe tweek your breakfast a bit by eating 2 eggs, a slice of toast, and some fruit. continue doing that until you eventually cut all the crap out. go for a bike ride. play basketball with some friends. Maybe drink a full glass of water right before a meal to fill you up a little more. Stop being a lazy biznatch. if you really want it, you'll do it.

I'm 22 years old and I'm fat (230lbs @ 5'8, eating takeaway/junk food every night). I'm lazy (going to bed at 3-6am and feeling like shit when I wake up 10am-2pm).

I earn 2K+ a week for little work (I own a business that runs by itself with a few internet employees, in short I basically only need to check it once a day)

You're 22 years old making $100k a year and have dietary a discipline problem, and you're making a post about "Why my life sucks"?

Really?

Really?

I think you're in for a whole lot of disappointment if that's life sucking for you.

I know what works. I know how to lose weight. I know how to count calories and get the perfect ratios of protein, carbs and fats. I know you should drink 2 liters of water and eat veggies. Its not rocket science.

But I can't do it.

I feel like because I have the business in the background, unlike most people I can afford to sit back and be a lard ass. I know I'm going to feel amazing if I lose weight, I know its going to give me supreme confidence and I'll have my life back, so why the fuck can't I stick to it??

I'm not going on a crazy strict diet either, I'm taking just tasty home cooking with good ingredients.

Last time I stopped eating junk food, I got to two weeks and actually told myself "This is it, I don't feel the need to eat shit anymore"..... Two days later I'm eating a large pizza.

I think what may be happening here is that you are setting yourself up to continue to fail every time you blow your diet. Two weeks ago, you ate cleaner, then two days later eat a pizza, and probably said "Fuck, I blew it" and now another 10 days have gone by in which you've not cleaned up your diet.

Here's what I would recommend:

Eat cleaner for 4 days a week. Eat whatever you want on the other 3 days. Right now you eat whatever you want 7 days a week, so eating 4 days clean is an improvement that will probably pull a couple thousand calories out of your weekly diet. That couple thousand calories will translate into losing about 2 pounds of fat a month. If you stick to it, you'll be 23 and 200 pounds next year. The year after, you'll be 24 and lean.

Having 3 built in "cheat days" means that blowing your diet doesn't mean "give up, wait a few weeks and start again".

If you can hold yourself to 3 cheat days, you can start decreasing your cheat days towards just one a week, at which point fat loss will accelerate.

I had the same problem when I started losing weight.

I cheated and then it just kinda spiraled down..and I had to keep restarting.

I changed it when I realized that falling off the wagon and cheating (eating a large pizza) was not the end of the world. Eat the pizza, and make up for it over the next few days. If you just go cold turkey, you will probably keep failing.

Now, I have the odd (ok medium not large, but still) pizza, or singapore noodles, or a couple candy bars...but I dont let it mess up the whole week.

It sounds like you are depressed more than anything, but its a tough thing to figure out if you are depressed because you are unhealthy or vice versa. commit to 1 hour a day what you like to do and are willing to do.

Thanks for the posts guys.

It seems because I've been eating shit my whole life that I can't expect to drop it out immediately. I will take all your advice and start week by week slowly improving.

this thread pisses me off , you got a mad income easy ass job, all the time in the world, but your a little bitch crying coz ur fat, well do something about it , go to a fukin food addiction rehab or something or maybe youl realise that eating all that crap is gonan give u a heart attack before your 50 , life is gonan suck even more wen u fuked up inside your body coz u were too weak to change ur diet. wat a joke , 2k a week for minimal work, sleep in everyday, you train twice a day if u wanted to ! your life sucks ?get the fuck out of here

It seems because I've been eating shit my whole life that I can't expect to drop it out immediately.

:icon_neut

Stop using this lame excuse...how do you think people who aren't in ship get in shape? They choose to stop doing the things that got them out of shape. Barring medical conditions, everyone who has ever been fat and out of shape got that way because of bad habits, you're not special.

Go to your kitchen/pantry. Empty out all the horsefuck food. Get rid of anything you don't want to eat. Throw it out. You have the clams to have the best diet, I envy you! Stock up on good foods only. I think having 3 cheat days is too many. Start with 2. Or even 1.

Start running. You can do this man! I have a friend who lost 25 kgs recently. It'd highly do-able.

:icon_neut

Stop using this lame excuse...how do you think people who aren't in ship get in shape? They choose to stop doing the things that got them out of shape. Barring medical conditions, everyone who has ever been fat and out of shape got that way because of bad habits, you're not special.

So I should go cold turkey?

Go to your kitchen/pantry. Empty out all the horsefuck food. Get rid of anything you don't want to eat. Throw it out. You have the clams to have the best diet, I envy you! Stock up on good foods only. I think having 3 cheat days is too many. Start with 2. Or even 1.

Start running. You can do this man! I have a friend who lost 25 kgs recently. It'd highly do-able.

Thanks, I'm going to clear my kitchen out right now.

Thats the way mate. If being fit and healthy was easy, everyone would be fit and healthy.

You can go a step further and plan ahead based on the previous fail point. That is to plan eating crap to start with as previously suggested or a plan on how to avoid it in a couple of weeks if you really want to go cold turkey.

Find some healthy snacks you enjoy. I know that sometimes I overdose on celery and peanut butter, but it's better than ordering a pizza, if you keep your fridge and pantry stacked with good clean healthy foods it makes it easier.

I'd also recommend using all those spare hours to make some strong commitments to physical activities.

I lost 40 kg in a year when I was 25, and while everyone works differently here some of the things I did.

1.) have a cheat day (as suggested earlier)

2.) do not have *anything* you are not supposed to eat at home. No cookies, no ice cream no sugered drinks. If you have a cheat day then throw everything out that you didn't finish before going to bed or first thing next morning.

3.) Drink diet soda if you like the taste. It may not be great for you in the long run but right now losing weight is more important.

4.) Reward yourself for extra training. For me tjis helped a lot in the beginning before I started to see the results in the mirror. For every extra workout I did (besides the ones I had scheduled) I got to eat half of the calories spent in candy that day (so walking for an hour would grant me a small 150 kcal piece of chocolate with my coffe).

These are of course just suggestions and ideas, make of them what you like. And good luck! (ps chicks are shallow, you will learn this first hand in a year)

That's the spirit! With the 'cheat' days, I wouldn't suggest taking them as license to go absolutely crazy. Allow yourself to eat 'cheat foods', but still limit it to the best of your ability. Don't feel down if you eat more than you planned though. But perhaps try to eat a little less every cheat day you have.

If you buy something like chocolate, or chips, buy smaller packages. You don't have to buy the biggest block of chocolate. I know if I open a bag of crisps, I damn well finish it.....

Another thing, maybe buy some smaller plates/bowls. It's a psychological thing to want to fill your plate/bowl to the top. If you have a huge bowl only half full you might be thinking, fuck, it's only half full no way I will be satiated after that!

Eat at regular intervals. Maintain a diet log to keep yourself honest. Check out other people's logs on this forum for inspiration and an idea of what works.

If you can afford it, maybe check in to see your doctor or a nutritionist. They'll be able to cater for you. Perhaps subscribe to a meal program. In Australia they have one called 'Lite n Easy'. They deliver your daily or weekly meals, and it's all planned out for you.

Good luck and keep us up to date!

Hi, I used to be like you, but actually much worse. I've since lost 125 pounds.
You should stop cold turkey on the junk foods, but you need to replace those foods with healthy foods THAT YOU LIKE. If you start making yourself eat foods you hate, you will go back to your old habits. Go to the grocery store and buy healthy stuff that you think you might like. Healthy foods that you will like do exist, you just have to find them!
Don't overeat. Don't eat before bedtime. But most importantly, EXERCISE. Every day.

You make lots of money, so you have no excuses to not healthy and to not be able to afford a gym membership or home gym equipment. If you want more detailed advice on either subject, let me know.
I'm now very healthy and am studying to be a personal trainer.

You're 22 years old making $100k a year and have dietary a discipline problem, and you're making a post about "Why my life sucks"?

Really?

Really?

I think you're in for a whole lot of disappointment if that's life sucking for you.

This, so fucking much this.

TS: You have the ideal situation where it would be easy as shit to get into phenomenal condition and actually enjoy the fuck out of your life and you're complaining that you can't stop eating snickers bars? With that mindset, odds are you're going to die of a coronary in the arms of a filthy hooker with a purse full of blow in about 10 years.

If you want to avoid this, you need to smarten the fuck up and realize that the best things in life don't come in shiny wrappers made of sugar or containers brimming with fake oils. Just STOP, start learning about actual food.

Here's one little secret to start you off, but SHHH, don't tell anyone: Real food, healthy food, tastes BETTER once you know what you're doing.

I'd take the organic chicken thighs (bone in) that I slathered in herbs and baked last night, with the crimini mushrooms and organic mediteranian vegetable mix stir fried in ghee, over a bucket of chicken lo mein any day of the week on the basis of the flavor, not to mention the massive difference in health benefits...

It's easy, harden the fuck up, open your eyes, read, ask the right questions.

Dude I'm going to kill you if you don't tell me how you make that money online, no details or secrets but what do you do ?

As for the bad eating habits, some time ago I couldn't walk past a store without buying something sweet, also I would binge eat chocolate and cake.

Basically when you stop eating it for a few days and weeks then your stomach bacteria and brain will get used to new healthy food and you will crave much less junk. Nowadays I don't need to eat that stuff at all, I eat it maybe once in 10 days. It pays off, when you eat junk all the time it doesn't even taste good anymore, it tastes ordinary.

Healthy food tastes good too. You can buy nice fruits like pineapple, coconut, papaya or any you want. You can eat fatty steak or any other meat or fish you like, just use the right cooking oils (see the FAQ at the top of the forum for details). You can eat almonds and pistachios. Also when you eat vegetables and salads a couple times they actually start to taste good, just put some olive oil on them and vinegar. And all of this will not only taste good but make you feel and look a lot better, and you'll be much healthier.

Try it for one month along with some exercise you enjoy and you will feel great. It is hard but gets easier every time. I am happier now that I lift heavy weights, start to look ripped, feel good from the healthy food then when my satisfaction were candy bars which mad me fat, sluggish, lazy.

Now since I gave you all this advice you need to employ me. Good luck

Last edited:
Some people, myself included, eat clean all week and have a day where they can eat some naughty bits and pieces.

Back