Why my life sucks

So I should go cold turkey?

Lulz. Dude - you are not in any danger if you quit cold turkey. You are acting as though you will go through life threatening danger if you stop eating shit. People quit drinking and quit doing drugs all of the time. I can guarantee you that is a shitload harder than quitting junk food. Just man the fuck up.

Swap my body for your money? :)

In all seriousness, it sounds like a kop out but you just have to do 'it'

Just think that your long term health is more important than 2 minutes or oral pleasure whilst consuming that chocolate bar. . .If you really emphasise this to yourself it won't be too hard to put down the junk.

Also, with your income you could surround your self with the BEST food available. Lots of fresh, grass fed meat! Great pieces of Fish, tons of high quality snacks. Seriously, 99% of people would love to be in a position your in. . .make the most of it!

Seriously, 99% of people would love to be in a position your in. . .make the most of it!

NO KIDDING. TS, your suffering from lazybastarditis, Its easily cured you just need a good kick up the arse.

I would love to have that kind of income and the time that you have. If you honestly think your life "sucks" then you just need to, as others have pointed out - MAN THE FUCK UP.

There is no cold turkey, just eat healthy and reward yourself when you know you have earned it.

Plenty of good information on here and elsewhere.

Good luck.

Ps. what does your internet company do? How can I get that kind of spendies every month?

Ya like otehrs suggested, clear out any food that may tempt you in the house. If I have chocolate around I will eat it, so I just never buy it. Its hard though because eating out is so convenient, so if you can force yourself to only eat from home, and then limit your options to only healthy ones at home.

Really can't thank you enough guys. Every post has been really helpful.

I found some great healthy recipes online to replace the junk food, cleared out by kitchen and did a good clean shop. I'm excited to taste these recipes and cook.

For those that asked I sell hosted software on a monthly subscription. I started when I was 17 trying to make money online and failed for at least 2 years. You must find a product in high demand and then offer the best product (not the cheapest).

Also a good tasty snack are mixed nuts with dried fruits in them, especially if the nuts aren't fried (not cause of fat content but the quality of the oil). In fact I just went grocery shopping and bought that instead of chocolate crap, add a big glass of milk to it and now I'm good to go to lift some weights. First it has to digest a little tough

So I should go cold turkey?
May I ask what specifically is the business that you own? And how I would go about starting my own? I am serious....pm me if you'd rather not post. In return I will tell you everything I know about eating right and trials I went through to drop 40 lbs.

may i ask what specifically is the business that you own? And how i would go about starting my own? I am serious....pm me if you'd rather not post. In return i will tell you everything i know about eating right and trials i went through to drop 40 lbs.

lol

This, so fucking much this.

TS: You have the ideal situation where it would be easy as shit to get into phenomenal condition and actually enjoy the fuck out of your life and you're complaining that you can't stop eating snickers bars? With that mindset, odds are you're going to die of a coronary in the arms of a filthy hooker with a purse full of blow in about 10 years.

This.

"It's not knowing what to do, but doing what you know"

Take small steps. Switch to water, no soda or anything else, maybe some green tea.

If your life sucks now, go find a steep hill and do hill sprints. Then you will appreciate your life more and this should exhaust you, so maybe you can get on a better sleeping schedule. My good friend went from a fat 235 to a lean 190 in less than a year by doing hill sprints twice a week and cleaning up his eating.

You can do it!!!

The 80/20 rule helped me out a lot when I was having a hard time cleaning my diet up. Essentially, 80% of the time eat totally clean and strict, and in the 20% time-frame eat a few cheat meals, eat dessert, etc.

I broke it out weekly. Monday morning to Friday evening was my 80% time. Friday evening until Sunday evening was my 20% time where I gave myself a break from my diet.

During that 20% time I still ate better, but I didn't feel guilty if I ate a little crap or had seconds helpings or ate a big dessert, etc.

Maybe you should look at the warrior diet or IF, both of which I've seen people have pretty good results without having to eat clean

Just wanted to add that you should really focus on getting your sleep schedule in check.

To be honest, I'd have to say you come across as just lazy and self pitying. The biggest thing that gets in the way of my training and diet is being exhausted from work and lacking money for best supplements etc. You dont have these issues so I find it hard to see where your coming from.

Im sure you can find things that taste good and are still pretty healthy to replace the junk food. And also with the cheat days, to be completely honest I find it easier just to have a balanced diet all the time and just cut out the crap entirely. Your body seems to stop craving things when it hasn't had it for a while; I used to have a real sweet tooth for chocolate but I so rarely have now it and only have it sometimes to get my sugar levels up, so I dont crave it at all. Having the cheat days keeps the craving for certain foods in your system, for me at least.

Also getting some home equipment might be a good idea, I guess it can be embaressing to be working out in public gym when your pretty big, or if some days you dont wanna get up and go out.

I know it sounds so easy, but really, it is.

Watch stuff that could motivate you like The Biggest Loser.
Have a mental picture of what you want to look like & focus on it.
You really should start waking up early & working out. Snack on healthy stuff the get your metabolism going.

Just remember when you go to pick up that honey bun, that there is a gang full of sherdoggers that would literally kick the mule piss out of you for being in the ideal situation in life and wasting it by being a big fat pussy with no will power. Hopefully that will work as motivation to put that motherfucking honey bun down and go for a run or something.

You need to sack up and take control.I had the same problem for a while but I eventually had enough and decided to change.

You're 22 years old making $100k a year and have dietary a discipline problem, and you're making a post about "Why my life sucks"?

Really?

Really?

I think you're in for a whole lot of disappointment if that's life sucking for you.

I think what may be happening here is that you are setting yourself up to continue to fail every time you blow your diet. Two weeks ago, you ate cleaner, then two days later eat a pizza, and probably said "Fuck, I blew it" and now another 10 days have gone by in which you've not cleaned up your diet.

Here's what I would recommend:

Eat cleaner for 4 days a week. Eat whatever you want on the other 3 days. Right now you eat whatever you want 7 days a week, so eating 4 days clean is an improvement that will probably pull a couple thousand calories out of your weekly diet. That couple thousand calories will translate into losing about 2 pounds of fat a month. If you stick to it, you'll be 23 and 200 pounds next year. The year after, you'll be 24 and lean.

Having 3 built in "cheat days" means that blowing your diet doesn't mean "give up, wait a few weeks and start again".

If you can hold yourself to 3 cheat days, you can start decreasing your cheat days towards just one a week, at which point fat loss will accelerate.

This is an excellent suggestion and as stated you post is kind of odd you seem to be doing well for yourself financially and have a stable platform.

One thing I found helpful was to do the weight loss deal with some buddies have that companionship and encouragement to guide you on the path. It works. Also when you start seeing changes you won't want to stop and give up. It a major confidence booster and it'll be too hard to stop by then.

just do it like nike says

take pictures of yourself to track progress/shame yourself into working harder.

you have the income to buy really quality healthy food man, i'm jealous

I hate to get all self help on your ass, but you seem like you have really zero belief in your self to begin with. I would say focus more on committing to the new lifestyle. Try some different visualization techniques. Really focus more on the concept of that everything you do thats good for you, eg. eating healthy, exercising, is pushing you forward every day you do it. At least that sort of mentality works well for me, especially when you begin to see results and it becomes a snowballing effect.

Back