Why McGregor Beats the Snot Out of Aldo (Feel free to Bump In the Future)

Goonerview

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Here is my analysis on how this fight goes down, feel free to bump this if Aldo proves me wrong (he won't).

Why McGregor wins:

1. Size difference:

McGregor is 175cm and reach of 74 inches.

Aldo is 170 cm and 70 inch reach.

Aldo is used to fighting smaller guys like Edgar, Mendes, Swanson etc. and hasn't faced someone of the physical size of McGregor. McGregor will be towering over Aldo and he first to the jab/straight.

Dennis Siver is also 170cm ... same height at Aldo, just to use him as an image of what it will be like.

2. Speed:

A lot of people on here say that Aldo is faster ... NO he ain't. McGregor's speed is incredible, even in slow motion, he is moving so fast. He moves like Neo from the Matrix.

conor-16.gif

3. Strength:

No other featherweights hit with the same power as McGregor. Poirer got rekt in the first round and Poirer went 4 rounds with KZ and proven to be robust and resilient, as has Siver, who is also notoriously difficult to put away.

4. Confidence:

The biggest weapon of McGregor is his self-belief. He is fearless and doesn't fear Aldo at all. He is going to land on Aldo and take him apart.

Aldo is already losing the psychological game by "refusing to get in the octagon" and using the lame "Conor didn't win within 2 minutes" "moral victory" line in his interviews (as if that is even a legit put down) "Haha, you didn't KO your opponent in the first 2 minutes!, you suck!" SMH ...

5. Movement

McGregor is a master of human movement, he is in and out of the pocket, cutting angles. He is constantly changing up his stances and is just a free style fighter. His style is impossible to replicate and for Aldo to find training partners that can emulate his style. McGregor can find training fighters to emulate Aldo's size and stance ... McGregor is going to be better prepared to handle Aldo, than Aldo is to handle McGregor.

Most of the people that say Aldo wins is by "leg kicks" and "take downs" ... Aldo ain't going to be able to take Conor down, period. Aldo has strong leg kicks and McGregor may eat a few, but it won't be enough to stop him. By the time the leg kicks start doing any damage, Aldo is going to be a bloody mess.

To conclude (and to quote the band Daft Punk), McGregor is bigger, better, faster, stronger than Aldo.

How the fight will go:

Aldo comes out, but Conor keeps the range, moving in and out of the pocket and landing at will. Starts to bloody Aldo up in the first, like he did to Siver. Aldo lands a couple of punches and kicks here and there, but they don't phase McGregor. As the damage builds up on Aldo, he is going to panic and start to commit more to his punches and kicks, leaving himself open to counters ... McGregor is then going to step back and start landing heavy counters ... rocking the champion and bringing him down. I predict a 2nd or 3rd round TKO for McGregor.

Bookmark this. I will and I will bring it back up when McGregor is champion.

Last edited:
Aldo is the fastest guy in the division. It will become obvious when they fight. McGregor is apparently talented at mass hypnosis.

I can't wait for this fight. A lot of people are going to be shocked when the aggressive, confident, Connor Mcgregor turns into the tentative, less aggressive teddy bear after being rocked a few times by Aldo.

Faster than Aldo? LMAO. You people are delusional.

aldo will beat him

If Aldo's camp is smart, they're going to pick apart every second of McG v Siver, for the leg kicks and checks, especially since McG utilizes his reach so well.

I expect this fight to go the distance with Aldo as the victor, with McG's lead leg looking like a whale's penis.

It disgusts me how few people realise how good Aldo is

Aldo will smash McGregor. You're all in for a rude awakening.

Just Bumping my thread. I made this thread on January 20th 2015. Finally, I have closure.

To all the Conor haters:

th848129330_s1.gif~c200

There are more people I could have quoted, but I'm kinda drunk/sleepy ... you get the point!

Conors riding an incredible wave of momentum and confidence.

I think he has way more heart right now than Aldo, and he will break him.

Conor is about as long and tall as Kenny Florian.

Their speed is pretty comparable, but Aldo is clearly the fastest guy Conor has fought, in terms of footwork and striking speed. I'd actually say Aldo has the superior kicking/punching speed, come to think of it.

Conor got countered cleanly by Poirier and Siver, Aldo will capitalize on the openings Conor leaves and get the TKO by the second round.

Last edited:
I'll jump onto the first page for the bump. Conor will beat Aldo [2nd Rd TKO]. Ya'll can remind me to delete my account if he loses.

BTW: TS Your threads name is lighter fluid and your ambiguous assessment of how the fight will go is the spark. Trolling?

Last edited:
Siver was able to kick McGregor and make him fall down, let that sink in. He also tripped him, and got deep on a double leg even though he gave up as soon as it hit the mat.

Let me tell you now and it is YOU who can bump this thread. If McGregor tries to stalk Aldo, like he did Siver, its going to be the worst decision he ever made. I think he would be better off trying to counter Aldo with a KO shot rather than coming forward all night like he did against Siver.

Mendes seemed to try to pressure Aldo and Aldo would shift into a different gear and get very mean. You really should go read the play by play thread for the Mendes fight and see how many people commented on 2 things. Aldo's speed, and his meanness when cornered or pressured.

Slack wrote a good article explaining how good Aldo was at neutralizing strikers while at the same time defending take downs by pivoting on his back leg. He made Lamas look like an amateur in the striking dept. and I'm 100% certain Lamas could give McGregor all he could handle. A 50/50 fight, flip a coin.

I'll jump onto the first page for the bump. Conor will beat Aldo. Ya'll can remind me to delete my account if he loses.

BTW: TS Your threads name is lighter fluid and your ambiguous assessment of how the fight will go is the spark. Trolling?

Not trolling.

Forgot to add a commentary of how the fight would go, have now done that.

Siver was able to kick McGregor and make him fall down, let that sink in. He also tripped him, and got deep on a double leg even though he gave up as soon as it hit the mat.

Let me tell you now and it is YOU who can bump this thread. If McGregor tries to stalk Aldo, like he did Siver, its going to be the worst decision he ever made. I think he would be better off trying to counter Aldo with a KO shot rather than coming forward all night like he did against Siver.

Mendes seemed to try to pressure Aldo and Aldo would shift into a different gear and get very mean. You really should go read the play by play thread for the Mendes fight and see how many people commented on 2 things. Aldo's speed, and his meanness when cornered or pressured.

Slack wrote a good article explaining how good Aldo was at neutralizing strikers while at the same time defending take downs by pivoting on his back leg. He made Lamas look like an amateur in the striking dept. and I'm 100% certain Lamas could give McGregor all he could handle. A 50/50 fight, flip a coin.

I hope Aldo does "get mean" and strike out ... because McGregor will counter the shit out of him!

I hope Aldo does "get mean" and strike out ... because McGregor will counter the shit out of him!

Aldo has much better head movement and overall defense than anyone Conor has fought. Conor constantly leaving his hands below his jawline often results in him taking clean counter punches, Aldo can definitely capitalize on those openings especially if he mixes his attacks with kicks and takedown attempts.

Will be an interesting fight for sure, Aldo has a slight advantage 60/40 IMO.

McGregor will make it look easy. I'm talking Jones v Shogun-esque easy.

I can't believe people still think Aldo has that big of a chance. On what basis???? Aldo has a slim chance to win, very slim chance IMO.

Back