Why Luque is favorite over Chiesa?

• Thread starter Deleted member 579771
  • Start date
Luque is pure violence :cool::cool:
320.jpg

Just ask Mike :rolleyes:
I still think Perry won that fight

Here's why: Chiesa's striking is a big weakness, and Luque is above average on the feet and the ground. He's got lethal submissions. Go ahead, try and lay and pray Luque for 15 minutes. That's Chiesa's gameplan. Chiesa has gotten subbed multiple times, bet it happens again...that's if Chiesa can get it to the ground before getting clocked by Luque's powerful hands

Chiesa will get exposed. He's beaten washed up Condit, washed up Diego, tiny RDA, and decision machine Magny. Magny didn't have the hands or submission game to worry Chiesa. Magny is cardio and volume, that's it.

60 day AV bet, TS?
Chiesa was caught in a d'arce by Masvidal, I could see Luque slapping one on him as its by far his submission of choice. Chiesa shoots a sloppy td and leaves his neck exposed.

If Luque by sub is +1600 or better like it was vs Woodley it may be worth a stab.

Luque got d'arced by journeyman Jorge and finished by fucking Joe Lauzon. You're a clown for using mma math.

You will see why he is the favourite this Saturday night, only on paper views

Make your bet, and post your bet slip. Instead of making a pethetic thread. The reasons are obvious and I bet many people have explained them by now.

You trolling contrarians are just too much. Literally the base level of lame. Or is it honest stupidity.

First of all I am huge fan of Luque. He is great finisher, he has granite chin. But he is near top, not a top fighter. Maverick is undoubtfully top fighter. And Luque has shit TDD. No name Graves and Edwards wrestle f*cked him. And I am scared to see how Chiesa will declass him by wrestling. Chiesa win by humilation, no?

I don’t think we know if either is or isn’t a “top fighter” yet but this is a perfect way to find out.

Chiesa’s wins at 170 are Condit, Diego, RDA and Magny. Nice start, but stylistically tailor made, all underpowered for 170.

Luque is 9-1 since the grappling-based losses you cited and his striking is more focused and technical than in the fun but alarmingly competitive brawls with Barbarena and Perry.

Maverick will take significant damage if he doesn’t force takedowns or at least clinches, and to do so he needs to wade through the fire to do that.

If you’re tempted to spam money on Maverick I suggest re-watching the RDA fight. His striking was slow and not particularly technical, serving almost exclusively to close the distance. He repeatedly plunged forward with chin exposed. RDA landed numerous hard punches and unchecked leg kicks despite ultimately backing up too much and spending too much time in the clinch/on the ground in two of the three rounds. Luque is physically larger and a better, more powerful counterpuncher than RDA — see the tight hook he smoked Woodley with. He also has the RDA fight as a blueprint.

I don’t think we know if either is or isn’t a “top fighter” yet but this is a perfect way to find out.

Chiesa’s wins at 170 are Condit, Diego, RDA and Magny. Nice start, but stylistically tailor made, all underpowered for 170.

Luque is 9-1 since the grappling-based losses you cited and his striking is more focused and technical than in the fun but alarmingly competitive brawls with Barbarena and Perry.

Maverick will take significant damage if he doesn’t force takedowns or at least clinches, and to do so he needs to wade through the fire to do that.

If you’re tempted to spam money on Maverick I suggest re-watching the RDA fight. His striking was slow and not particularly technical, serving almost exclusively to close the distance. He repeatedly plunged forward with chin exposed. RDA landed numerous hard punches and unchecked leg kicks despite ultimately backing up too much and spending too much time in the clinch/on the ground in two of the three rounds. Luque is physically larger and a better, more powerful counterpuncher than RDA — see the tight hook he smoked Woodley with. He also has the RDA fight as a blueprint.
Now I get it. Thanks for good explanation.

overrated compared to other top fighters.
obviously he would kick my ass but this was never the point
Who is overrating Magny? I searched for Magny GOAT and nothing came up.
Even the oft-criticized UFC rankings seem about right. He's ranked 8th. 10 and 12 are guys he just beat in the last year. He'd probably be the favorite fighting most guys below him and the underdog fighting most guys ahead of him.

Luque seems more of an animal. You really need to be a serious level above him in some discipline to beat him, like how Wonderboy was just too slick on the feet for him (and how I'd expected Usman to be problem for him with wrestling). But I don't think Chiesa is ahead of Luque in anything. Maybe size and strength? But I'm not sure. On the ground, I think Vicente is just as good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back