Why Luque is favorite over Chiesa?

• Thread starter Deleted member 579771
  • Start date
Chiesa is a bum who can wrestle
He's not a wrestler though. That's the problem, he has no wrestling background. Over time he kinda developed this mixed grappling game where his wrestling is good enough for a non-wrestler but not on the level of someone like an Usman or a Colby, and his jiu jitsu is also not bad but it's also not on the level of someone who is good at jiu jitsu. You can see for example when he got the seatbelt position he was instantly hunting a submission rather than maintaining position and trying to land volume. Full credit to him for beating Neil Magny and RDA but he kinda proved to be the Michael Chiesa that I was worried he was. He's the UFC designated "grappler", he's lacks an actual background in any grappling discipline.

First of all I am huge fan of Luque. He is great finisher, he has granite chin. But he is near top, not a top fighter. Maverick is undoubtfully top fighter. And Luque has shit TDD. No name Graves and Edwards wrestle f*cked him. And I am scared to see how Chiesa will declass him by wrestling. Chiesa win by humilation, no?
giphy-downsized-large.gif

First of all I am huge fan of Luque. He is great finisher, he has granite chin. But he is near top, not a top fighter. Maverick is undoubtfully top fighter. And Luque has shit TDD. No name Graves and Edwards wrestle f*cked him. And I am scared to see how Chiesa will declass him by wrestling. Chiesa win by humilation, no?

What's up?

Chiesa's best win is a washed up RDA. Chiesa also isn't even Luque's best win.

He's not a wrestler though. That's the problem, he has no wrestling background. Over time he kinda developed this mixed grappling game where his wrestling is good enough for a non-wrestler but not on the level of someone like an Usman or a Colby, and his jiu jitsu is also not bad but it's also not on the level of someone who is good at jiu jitsu. You can see for example when he got the seatbelt position he was instantly hunting a submission rather than maintaining position and trying to land volume. Full credit to him for beating Neil Magny and RDA but he kinda proved to be the Michael Chiesa that I was worried he was. He's the UFC designated "grappler", he's lacks an actual background in any grappling discipline.
It sounds like you are one of those people who have never applied your training, do you really believe YOU would do everything you TYPED in your sentence?

It sounds like you are one of those people who have never applied your training, do you really believe YOU would do everything you TYPED in your sentence?
No, because I am paid to do other things for a living.

I thought you would be right Bro.

Luque really did well.

Guess we were both wrong
Who could've known that he would try to submit a master of jiu jitsu. I thought he would lay and pray on Luque all 3 rounds, like he did with Magny.

Luque is the most underated ww. His only defeat against wonderboy was legit though, it was a very very bad matchup to fight against him like that. But at least he fought.

Back